MSW Applications Fall 2020

IvySWCu

1 minute ago, simonsays said:

@katp they financial aid info should come in the next week! Huge congrats!

Also, is anyone attended accepted students events at NYU or Columbia? 

thanks thanks! 

Not sure about the formal events yet but I'm going to at least go up for a couple of days to visit both

22 minutes ago, katp said:

ya'll columbia just finally came through and we in! did anybody get money info in the initial letter or do they come separately?

Congratulations!!!

I got accepted to Columbia on January 28th (I think) but haven't received financial aid information yet. 

Still no word from Columbia for me! I've been relatively positive up until now but at this point I feel like it may not end up being good news. Congrats to everyone who got accepted today!!! Did y'all get an email about the status update or did you just check the portal? 

Just now, megan715 said:

Still no word from Columbia for me! I've been relatively positive up until now but at this point I feel like it may not end up being good news. Congrats to everyone who got accepted today!!! Did y'all get an email about the status update or did you just check the portal? 

I still haven't heard back either, I'm also starting to get nervous. Don't worry, we're in this together! 

5 minutes ago, basw said:

I still haven't heard back either, I'm also starting to get nervous. Don't worry, we're in this together! 

You never know, from the sound of things they have released acceptances super late in the past. I just applied on 12/1 so I'm starting to be a little sus. I'll be rooting for you!!

I have said this before but it may need to be said again.

To everyone who hasn't heard back from schools yet: 

It is only the beginning of February! You're all SMART and GREAT and need to remember people primarily post good news, not no news and not bad news. It might look like everyone under the sun is getting in except you,  but that isn't true! This is a skewed sample (always question the source of your sample population)!

The start of February is still early to hear back, so if you haven't heard yet, don't worry! If you look back at old forums, people were hearing back January through late February and late March. 

Good luck ❤️ 

3 minutes ago, JuliaFrances said:

It is only the beginning of February! You're all SMART and GREAT and need to remember people primarily post good news, not no news and not bad news. It might look like everyone under the sun is getting in except you,  but that isn't true! This is a skewed sample (always question the source of your sample population)!

The start of February is still early to hear back, so if you haven't heard yet, don't worry! If you look back at old forums, people were hearing back January through late February and late March. 

Good luck ❤️ 

This is the sweetest thing ever!!!!! Good Luck to you too!!

1 hour ago, JuliaFrances said:

Good luck ❤️ 

So kind of you to post, thanks so much :) This forum has been both a blessing and a curse, I always remind myself it's such a small sample in the grand scheme of this process. 

1 minute ago, ZoeD said:

YES!!!!! Honestly was so invested and on this journey with you. Hopefully we will be classmates next year. CONGRATS!!! 

Omg you’re SO sweet!!! Thank you so much!!! I hope so too!! I’ll keep you posted on my decision ? congratulations to you too!! Thanks for supporting me through this whole process. 

I just got back from a trip to see that I got into Stony Brook's MSW program, but no update on doing a Skype interview for Hunter which is my first choice. I've contacted both schools, Stony Brook to see if I can get an extension because they only gave me 14 days to accept or decline and Hunter to see if any interviews could be scheduled ASAP. 

Congrats to everyone who has heard back in these past few weeks!

13 hours ago, NicoleDes said:

Did you guys find out about scholarship info. in your admissions letter on the portal from CU? 

No it comes in your aid offer about a week later. Mine went to spam though it was an oddly formatted plain text email 

Hey everyone!

First, congratulations to everyone who has heard back good news from their applications, you are all going to make amazing social workers!  I need some advice to thosewho have been accepted into multiple schools so far. I was recently accepted into BC (which is my top choice) and I am still waiting to hear back from BU,( I only applied to those 2 schools lol) but I should hear back from BU  any minute now but I am very impatient and want to commit to BC already lol my question is should I pay my deposit for my top choice or wait and see if I get accepted to BU, because I would hate to pay my deposit and then BU offers me a full ride scholarship or something (extremely unlikely but a girl could dream?) what do you guys think ? Thanks !

P.S. BC needs a response by February 27. 

18 minutes ago, Polcc said:

anyone hear anything for BU? I tried to call but its only a VM box ?

Nope, nothing on my end so far. I don't like the waiting game lol and do you know when BC would send out financial aid packages because I didn't get anything with the acceptance letter

I was recently rejected from BC, not surprised since it is so competitive and I only have a 3.1 GPA, but now I'm terrified of my other three schools: UNC, BU, and NC State.I guess I feel like a failure already because I didn't get into BC, because I see everyone on here getting in and I'm STRESSING.

9 minutes ago, MSWSTRESS said:

Nope, nothing on my end so far. I don't like the waiting game lol and do you know when BC would send out financial aid packages because I didn't get anything with the acceptance letter

nope, no idea. I'm planning on giving them a call today and asking so I'll update when I do. From what others posted it seems like schools send them out about a week later?? Also the same dilemma about BU & BC! I'm trying to figure out how to like work.... my work will give me ~some~ tuition reimbursement as long as I stay part time for 24 hr/wkly  but looking at BC's schedule I have no idea how that's gonna happen

Edited by Polcc

6 minutes ago, Kofowle10 said:

I was recently rejected from BC, not surprised since it is so competitive and I only have a 3.1 GPA, but now I'm terrified of my other three schools: UNC, BU, and NC State.I guess I feel like a failure already because I didn't get into BC, because I see everyone on here getting in and I'm STRESSING.

don't worry! I got rejected from BC my first time applying in 2018, it was a total downer but there was nothing I could do about it. BU also is more understanding of lower end gpa, my friend had under a 3.0 and was accepted her 2nd time applying. I feel u tho it's hard not to feel discouraged but it doesn't mean you didn't get in to the others!!

Edited by Polcc