Biomedical Science PhD Applicants (Fall 2020)

OncologyResearch

Just in case anyone else also applied to JHU BCMB... I emailed the admissions office a few days ago and was told yesterday that the program was still extending interview invites for February. Hope this helps! 

P.S. the person I emailed also told me she will ask the program director about my application tomorrow and let me know my status (did not ask her to do that) so I am terrified ?

STRESS

17 hours ago, biomedapp2020 said:

Has anyone heard from UCSD biomedical sciences or UPenn CAMB recently?

Hi, I emailed the CAMB people yesterday and they replied back within a few hours. I was rejected. "Thank you for your continuing interest in CAMB. We received a record number of applications this year, and the admissions process was exceptionally competitive. Unfortunately, you were not selected for interview. I realize this decision will be received with disappointment. Please know that this is not a negative assessment of your potential to do important and impactful science, but rather a reflection of a limitation in our ability to interview and recruit the many highly qualified candidates in our applicant pool." 

Edited by atm14834

6 hours ago, atm14834 said:

Hi, I emailed the CAMB people yesterday and they replied back within a few hours. I was rejected. "Thank you for your continuing interest in CAMB. We received a record number of applications this year, and the admissions process was exceptionally competitive. Unfortunately, you were not selected for interview. I realize this decision will be received with disappointment. Please know that this is not a negative assessment of your potential to do important and impactful science, but rather a reflection of a limitation in our ability to interview and recruit the many highly qualified candidates in our applicant pool." 

Guess I'm in the same boat as you since i haven't heard anything also. Ooof... But at least the email was nice!

According to twitter, the first week of BMS interviews @UCSD were conducted this past weekend. For those that attended, how was it? Was there any mention of inviting other candidates? 

Good luck!

Edited by Exalted

Hi guys, I attended an Interview Weekend at Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory (CSHL) from Jan 15 - Jan 19. I was told they would start sending out offers in Feb which makes sense since they have another Interview Weekend this week from Feb 4 - Feb 9. However, I saw someone posted an acceptance on Jan 24 on results page a week after the 1st interview weekend. It's a relatively small programme so no more results have shown up since. Do you think I should start panicking now since I haven't received anything and a rejection is probably coming next week? Or maybe just the super exceptional candidates were told after the first weekend and they're just waiting to see how this weekend goes to send further acceptances/decisions? Anyone else heard/know something? Aghhhh the wait is dreadful and this programme is def my top choice ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2020 at 2:37 PM, cancerbuddy said:

HI, has anyone heard back from SUNY- Roswell park cancer center? 
Applied to their PhD in Cancer Sciences program but didnt have any updates yet.. 

Hi, I applied to this program, didn't hear anything from them so far. An earlier e mail after submission said that the interviews are held on 24th, and 25th Feb, and that they'll contact in early Feb, if I'm selected to an interview. But nothing so far ?

Hi all, 

Have anybody heard from these programs? 

University of Cincinnati, Cancer Biology

Ohio State University, MCDB

Arizona State university, MCDB

Rutgers University, Genetics and Cancer

SUNY at Buffalo, Cancer Science 

Iowa State, Biomedical Sciences 

Feels like I'm ghosted, not a single response and update on gradcafe yet. Fingers crossed ?

On 2/29/2020 at 10:15 AM, ApplicantF20 said:

Hi, I applied to this program, didn't hear anything from them so far. An earlier e mail after submission said that the interviews are held on 24th, and 25th Feb, and that they'll contact in early Feb, if I'm selected to an interview. But nothing so far ?

I see, i didnt even get the email saying that there will be interviews on 24 Feb onwards.... Sad .. 

12 hours ago, cancerbuddy said:

I see, i didnt even get the email saying that there will be interviews on 24 Feb onwards.... Sad .. 

I thought all the applicants who submitted applications to this program got that e-mail. Maybe it's in your spam? 

On 1/5/2020 at 4:43 PM, OlderGAScienceNerd said:

Sorry for the delay in getting this information out.  I had a death in the family over the holidays.  However, before Christmas I got an interview invite from Augusta University.  I will be going to campus for the interview in February.  

Good luck to everyone else!  

Just wanted to post an update.  

I was offered acceptance to the Augusta University Biomedical Sciences program, and I have accepted the offer.  

Good luck to everyone who hasn't heard anything yet!  

• 4 weeks later...
The wait is killing me!!!

Has nobody heard from these programs and schools or is it just me!? I'm waiting for a response from 7 schools. No clue on gradcafe either. No interviews or whatsoever so far. Please if there's anybody who applied to any of these programs reply,

1. SUNY at Buffalo, Phd in Cancer Science ,
  2. University of Cincinnati, Phd in Cancer and Cell Biology,
  3. Iowa State University, Phd in Cell and Molecular Biology,
  4. Oklahoma State University, Phd in Biomedical Sciences,
  5. Tulane University, Phd in Cell and Molecular Biology,
  6. Rutgers University, PhD in Cancer and Genetics (Biomedical)
  7. Arizona State Universities, Phd in Molecular Cellular and Developmental Biology

On 4/2/2020 at 4:14 AM, ApplicantF20 said:
The wait is killing me!!!

Has nobody heard from these programs and schools or is it just me!? I'm waiting for a response from 7 schools. No clue on gradcafe either. No interviews or whatsoever so far. Please if there's anybody who applied to any of these programs reply,

1. SUNY at Buffalo, Phd in Cancer Science ,
  2. University of Cincinnati, Phd in Cancer and Cell Biology,
  3. Iowa State University, Phd in Cell and Molecular Biology,
  4. Oklahoma State University, Phd in Biomedical Sciences,
  5. Tulane University, Phd in Cell and Molecular Biology,
  6. Rutgers University, PhD in Cancer and Genetics (Biomedical)
  7. Arizona State Universities, Phd in Molecular Cellular and Developmental Biology

Have you tried contacting any of them? If these programs typically do interviews, you should just assume it's a reject. It's only 10 days from the national deadline for admitted students to decide which funded offer they're taking - they're probably not expecting to do "interviews, offer, wait for your decision" all in 10 days.

On 4/6/2020 at 4:10 AM, DRMF said:

Have you tried contacting any of them? If these programs typically do interviews, you should just assume it's a reject. It's only 10 days from the national deadline for admitted students to decide which funded offer they're taking - they're probably not expecting to do "interviews, offer, wait for your decision" all in 10 days.

Hi, first of all thank you for replying. I'm happy somebody finally replied. I got an official rejection letter from Rutgers. From the other 6 universities I contacted University of Cincinnati in mid March and they said they'll be sending decisions in the end of March, yet nothing so far. I also contacted SUNY at Buffalo 5 days ago, and haven't heard back from them yet. And Oklahoma State University asked time slots for an interview in the end of February. I replied to them with several dates and time slots, but they didn't reply afterwards. I'm literally in a dilemma here. ?

On 4/8/2020 at 3:36 AM, ApplicantF20 said:

Hi, first of all thank you for replying. I'm happy somebody finally replied. I got an official rejection letter from Rutgers. From the other 6 universities I contacted University of Cincinnati in mid March and they said they'll be sending decisions in the end of March, yet nothing so far. I also contacted SUNY at Buffalo 5 days ago, and haven't heard back from them yet. And Oklahoma State University asked time slots for an interview in the end of February. I replied to them with several dates and time slots, but they didn't reply afterwards. I'm literally in a dilemma here. ?

Given the pandemic some delays are expected, but your descriptions of Cincinnati and Oklahoma State sound like they really should have let you know already, esp Oklahoma State. Have you tried contacting an alternative person (e.g. program director rather than admin assistant)? Or if they offer a phone number online, just call. At this point it doesn't really hurt even if it shows your despair..

On 4/10/2020 at 3:45 AM, DRMF said:

Given the pandemic some delays are expected, but your descriptions of Cincinnati and Oklahoma State sound like they really should have let you know already, esp Oklahoma State. Have you tried contacting an alternative person (e.g. program director rather than admin assistant)? Or if they offer a phone number online, just call. At this point it doesn't really hurt even if it shows your despair..

I did. Actually it's a rejection from Oklahoma State University. But, I'm glad they replied.