Audiology Applicants 2020

aud2be2024

I haven't seen a facebook created for UT Dallas so I went ahead and created one! https://www.facebook.com/groups/240860393781448/ 

If the link doesn't work (i'm not the most tech savvy lol) then just search UT Dallas AuD class of 2024

If I missed one that's already created could someone post the link? :)

Edited by aud2be@utd

22 minutes ago, mpl9 said:

Anyone attending Vanderbilt? I haven’t seen a facebook page yet but I’d love to meet members of the cohort early! 

I'm going to Vanderbilt :) 

Hi all! 
I’m looking for some advice and any opinions you may have! After getting my acceptances back, I’ve narrowed it down to University of South Florida and University of Florida. I’m having an extremely hard time deciding between the two and was looking to see if anyone could provide me with information that could help make my decision! Thanks so much!

30 minutes ago, MadisonLynn813 said:

Hi all! 
I’m looking for some advice and any opinions you may have! After getting my acceptances back, I’ve narrowed it down to University of South Florida and University of Florida. I’m having an extremely hard time deciding between the two and was looking to see if anyone could provide me with information that could help make my decision! Thanks so much!

Did you get a deadline extension? I was under the assumption that all programs required a response before April 15th.

Although finances play a big role, I chose my program based on the research labs and clinical opportunities. I wanted to go to a program that would give me diversity in my clinical experiences and really push me throughout the program. I’m heavily interested in research as well so I chose a program that has a wide range of labs and staff dedicated to research. It’s all individual though; everyone chooses programs for different reasons. Maybe the social aspect means more to you, or the location of the campus. I think it’s better to weigh your options, but trust your gut. Both programs will treat you well if you work hard. Good luck!! 

On 4/17/2020 at 1:54 PM, MadisonLynn813 said:

Hi all! 

Just messaged you!!

I am in the process of creating a Facebook page for the Northwestern University AuD Class of 2023! Message me your info. if you are interested in joining. It would be great to get to know everyone a little earlier!

On 4/21/2020 at 12:53 PM, AuD2Be2020 said:

I am in the process of creating a Facebook page for the Northwestern University AuD Class of 2023! Message me your info. if you are interested in joining. It would be great to get to know everyone a little earlier!

Here is a link to the Facebook page for the Northwestern AuD Class of 2023! : https://www.facebook.com/groups/3006909266061233/

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone was waitlisted/didn't get into a program this year try reaching out to the director at LSUHSC. I randomly got an email from the director if I was still interested since I never finished applying (paying fees) through CSDCAS. (I was going to apply there as a backup school last minute but then got accepted to my dream school) They extended their deadline to yesterday but she just reached out to me. Maybe they need more students? anyways just a thought for whoever wants to reach out??? Hope this helps someone ?

• 7 months later...
On 1/12/2020 at 12:19 PM, aud2be98 said:

Hi! I'm so happy someone created this thread. I was looking through all the past ones and they looked like they were fun and was hoping one would be started for this application cycle. Nice to (virtually) meet all of you and good luck to you all!

Hello!! I applied for fall 2021. When did you receive the acceptance letters for RUSH and St. Louis?! 

Hey! I heard back from Rush on Jan 29 and I heard back from WashU on Feb 21. I also know that WashU sent their rejections out before they called people with acceptances. You can always check the results tab to see when people heard back and also what their stats were. I would just search "audiology rush" for example to find what you're looking for! And you could ask people on the audgradschool reddit as well!

• 2 months later...
On 2/21/2020 at 8:16 PM, AuD2Be2020 said:

Just found out I have been accepted into Northwestern- woohoo! I really want to attend the preview day but unfortunately, I won't be able to. I'll probably just contact and see if I can visit on an alternate date.

Applying to: Rush University, Ohio State University, Northwestern, University of Colorado Boulder, San Diego State University, and Arizona State University.

Applied /Interview / Accepted / Waitlisted / Rejected 

This may be a bit late, but I went to the preview day on Monday, if you need any info!!