Audiology Applicants 2020

aud2be2024

Hi! I thought I would create a thread for everyone who is applying to schools in the US for audiology for the fall. I don't have that many friends going into audiology so if anyone has any tips for the application process it would be very much appreciated!! 

I am applying to AuD programs for Fall 2020 as well. I have my Bachelor's Degree (As of May 2018) in Communication Sciences and Disorders. I'm looking for more speechie/aud friends in the field even if we attend different universities!

Applying to: A.T. Stills University Arizona, Grand Valley State Michigan, University of South Dakota, University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, Pacific University Oregon. (All Aud)

So far I have been offered an interview at Pacific University on February 8th and will be attending!

Applied /Interview / Accepted / Waitlisted Rejected 

Hey everyone! I just received my Bachelor's degree in Communication Science and Disorders this past December! 

Applied to: Ohio University, Northeast Ohio AuD Consortium, NOVA Southeastern University, East Carolina University, University of Tennessee, Auburn University, University of Louisville, and Towson University.

I have been offered interviews at NOVA Southeastern University and Ohio University!

Can't wait to (virtually) meet you all!

Hello! 

Happy to (virtually) meet everyone! 

Applied to: University of Texas at Dallas, University of North Texas, Texas Tech, Lamar University, and SDSU/UCSD Joint Program. 

I have been offered an interview at UNT so far.

Wishing everyone the best of luck. 

Edited by goodluckeveryone2020

Hi all, I am a past applicant for AuD school I would like to give you all some advice as you get decisions in, don’t be discouraged that you didn’t get in to the school you wanted to go to, when you get your first acceptance accept the offer you get then if you get more acceptances you can change your mind then. It’s okay if you get waitlisted because I got in to University of Cincinnati’s Audiology program off the waitlist. Don’t be checking your email all of the time for results. That will not make it go faster. Even though the waiting game is tough enjoy it. If you don’t get in the first round don’t worry too much.

2 minutes ago, KGross12 said:

Hi all, I am a past applicant for AuD school I would like to give you all some advice as you get decisions in, don’t be discouraged that you didn’t get in to the school you wanted to go to, when you get your first acceptance accept the offer you get then if you get more acceptances you can change your mind then. It’s okay if you get waitlisted because I got in to University of Cincinnati’s Audiology program off the waitlist. Don’t be checking your email all of the time for results. That will not make it go faster. Even though the waiting game is tough enjoy it. If you don’t get in the first round don’t worry too much.

Thank you so much for the advice, that helps so much! It has been so stressful trying to finish all of the applications (only have 1 left now!) and waiting to hear back. I am worried that some schools will just look at numbers and then turn me away, since the stronger part of my application is with my SOP and resume. 

Hello all! 

Looking forward to connecting with you all during application season! 

Applied to: Auburn University, East Tennessee State University, LSU- New Orleans (LSUHSC), Samford University, Texas Tech, University of Louisville, University of Memphis, University of Tennessee (UTHSC) , and University of Texas- Austin. 

I received an email today from University of Louisville and will be interviewing on February 14th. 

Good luck to everyone! 

13 hours ago, AuDie3 said:

Hello all! 

Applied to: Auburn University, East Tennessee State University, LSU- New Orleans (LSUHSC), Samford University, Texas Tech, University of Louisville, University of Memphis, University of Tennessee (UTHSC) , and University of Texas- Austin. 

I received an email today from University of Louisville and will be interviewing on February 14th. 

Good luck to everyone! 

Congrats! I'm interviewing at Louisville the 14th too!

4 hours ago, goodluckeveryone2020 said:

FINISHED MY FIRST INTERVIEW TODAY. Wow guys, what a nerve wracking but amazing opportunity. Excited for all of you that have interviews coming up next month! Good luck! 

Yay thats so exciting, congrats!! I'm so scared for mine! What was it like? Any tips?!

On 1/14/2020 at 4:56 PM, futurespeechie2 said:

Yay thats so exciting, congrats!! I'm so scared for mine! What was it like? Any tips?!

I am wondering about interview tips also! What they will ask, and all that jazz...

I thought this website was really helpful with preparing for the questions for the one interview I have had. All but one of the questions in my interview were listed on this site. https://saa.audiology.org/educational-opportunities/undergraduate-students/undergraduate-resources/applying-audiology-16

5 minutes ago, emma98 said:

I thought this website was really helpful with preparing for the questions for the one interview I have had. All but one of the questions in my interview were listed on this site. https://saa.audiology.org/educational-opportunities/undergraduate-students/undergraduate-resources/applying-audiology-16

That website is so helpful thank you!! I will definetely use that when preparing for mine. I saw a few of us applied to UT-Austin, has anyone heard anything yet?!

59 minutes ago, futurespeechie2 said:

That website is so helpful thank you!! I will definetely use that when preparing for mine. I saw a few of us applied to UT-Austin, has anyone heard anything yet?!

I have not heard anything back for UT-Austin yet. I tried to do some digging on here to see when people heard about interviews but I didn't really find much. My Status still says mine is under review. 

I was wondering though, the graduate website says that they look at upper division gpa only, does anyone know if that is true for the audiology program as well? 

14 hours ago, emma98 said:

Thank you!!

14 hours ago, AuDie3 said:

I have not heard anything back for UT-Austin yet. I tried to do some digging on here to see when people heard about interviews but I didn't really find much. My Status still says mine is under review. 

I was wondering though, the graduate website says that they look at upper division gpa only, does anyone know if that is true for the audiology program as well? 

I'm also pretty unsure of when we will hear about interviews, but I feel like it will be late February/ early March. I know that they accept people around their spring break.

I'm not sure about the whole GPA thing.

On 1/13/2020 at 8:26 PM, AuDie3 said:

Hello all! 

Good luck to everyone! 

When did you hear from Louisville?

Hi everyone! ?

I am also applying to AuD programs! So far I have applied to Purdue, IU, and the University of Northern Colorado. I am a non-traditional applicant and my background is in biology and public health, because of this I had to filter out programs that did not have speech/communications prerequisites. 

Does anyone know how long schools take to review your application before sending an interview invitation? 

3 hours ago, madisonlmoore said:

Hello all! I have applied to Texas Tech, UT Austin, and UT Dallas. Would love to hear any and all updates! 

Glad to know others in the process ?

Hi Madison! I applied to UT Austin and UT Dallas as well! Have you heard anything back from either of them yet?! I have friends who applied to Dallas's SLP program and they heard back earlier today so I'm hoping we will know soon!