Audiology Applicants 2020

aud2be2024

1 hour ago, futurespeechie2 said:

Hi Madison! I applied to UT Austin and UT Dallas as well! Have you heard anything back from either of them yet?! I have friends who applied to Dallas's SLP program and they heard back earlier today so I'm hoping we will know soon!

No, I haven’t really heard anything, but I got an email from UT Dallas saying they are going to start making calls on Friday. I’m hopeful! Let me know if you hear something. 

On 1/14/2020 at 4:56 PM, futurespeechie2 said:

Yay thats so exciting, congrats!! I'm so scared for mine! What was it like? Any tips?!

Sorry for such a late reply! I've been so busy with life.

Tips would be

1. Prepare for generic grad school interview questions. I was asked what qualities I have that could benefit the program, how I would deal with conflict or disagreement with fellow students and mentors, how I would balance extracurricular activities and school, if I had specific populations I wanted to serve in the future....there were a couple of more but I cannot remember. I didn't receive this question during the UNT interview, but my professors and a mentor of mine did tell me to really prepare for the strengths and weaknesses question. 

2. Know what you think you can offer the program and look into some of the professors and see if any of them have similar areas of interest as you.  

3. Come with good questions you want to ask the faculty/grad student who is interviewing you. It shows that you are interested and makes good conversation. 

4. Cheesy but BE YOURSELF. The thought of an interview is scary, but they aren't trying to make you scared. You'll see that as soon as you walk into the room or answer that skype call, that they are friendly and want you to be comfortable. Don't tense and be hard on yourself. You'll do great. 

Hey Y'all! my name is Nicole and im also going through the application process for audiology graduate schools for the fall! Im graduating from Oklahoma State this semester and I just got married in November :) 

Applied to: OU, Kansas, Wichita State, Missouri State, Texas Tech, UTA, UNT, Arkansas, Lamar, and Nebraska! 

I had a skype interview with UNT on Friday and I thought it went well. Looking forward to getting to know y'all!! 

Hi! I also applied to audiology programs for fall 2020 ?

I applied to: University of Iowa, Vanderbilt, Ohio State, University of Minnesota, University of Arizona, SDSU/UCSD, University of Maryland, and Wayne State. 

I was accepted to Ohio State. I'm still waiting to hear back about any other interviews or acceptances.

Best of luck to everyone!

Hello everyone. 

I wish you all good luck during this rather stressful time of waiting for results! 

I am just applying to Wayne State in Detroit, Michigan.

Hope to see some of you at interview day and in the program!

Hi everyone! I have applied to Arizona State University, Purdue, Indiana University, Rush, Northwestern, University of Illinois, Northern Illinois University, University of Iowa, and Illinois State University! Has anyone heard anything from any of these schools?

22 hours ago, applicant2020 said:

Hi! I also applied to audiology programs for fall 2020 ?

I applied to: University of Iowa, Vanderbilt, Ohio State, University of Minnesota, University of Arizona, SDSU/UCSD, University of Maryland, and Wayne State. 

I was accepted to Ohio State. I'm still waiting to hear back about any other interviews or acceptances.

That's awesome! Best of luck with all the rest - when did you hear back from Ohio State?

Hey everyone! My name is Teddi and I am also going through the application process for audiology graduate schools for the Fall! Im graduating from the University of Florida in the Spring!

Applied to: UF, USF, UC, OSU, CMU, GVSU

I was contacted last week by the director of admissions at CMU, spoke with her on the phone, and will be scheduling a virtual interview soon!

Looking forward to getting to know y'all!! 

7 hours ago, imallears said:

That's awesome! Best of luck with all the rest - when did you hear back from Ohio State?

In years past Ohio State admits a few students in January who are eligible to be nominated for a university fellowship. The university has an earlier timeline for these fellowships so that’s why the acceptance is just a few students. 
They typically then admit other students in late February or early March. I believe it is just a small proportion of students admitted in January. 

On 1/27/2020 at 9:29 PM, gabi24 said:

Hi everyone! I have applied to Arizona State University, Purdue, Indiana University, Rush, Northwestern, University of Illinois, Northern Illinois University, University of Iowa, and Illinois State University! Has anyone heard anything from any of these schools?

I just heard back from Rush today. I did receive an email from Northwestern saying that they had received my completed application, but that was it!

did you receive an email or a phone call about the secondary application

31 minutes ago, emma98 said:

I just heard back from Rush today. I did receive an email from Northwestern saying that they had received my completed application, but that was it!

Just now, gabi24 said:

did you receive an email or a phone call about the secondary application

I received an email about the secondary application on January 15 and then was accepted via email today.

56 minutes ago, emma98 said:

I received an email about the secondary application on January 15 and then was accepted via email today.

ok something was wrong with my email, so i switched it on CSDCAS. Thank you!

4 hours ago, applicant2020 said:

I just got an email for an interview with University of Iowa! I can't make it to interview day, but best of luck to everyone else there in person ? 

Same here, congrats!!! I have another another one that day so going to have to do a skype interview!

Hi everyone,

I am excited to see to be a part of this group and to have a place where I can connect with people who are going through the same situation. 

Schools I applied to: Pacific University, A.T. Still University, UOP, and San Jose State University.

Current Status: Pacific University interview 2/15
                          A.T. Still University interview 3/27
                          SJSU - unknown
                          UOP - unknown 

Hi everyone!

This is probably a silly question, but what are you planning to wear to your interviews? I have a school that specifically stated to dress business formal, and other schools who did not say anything. I was thinking a nice skirt/jacket suit combo and heels, but I am not sure if this will be too formal for the schools that didn't specifically state how to dress? 

I applied to: Rush (accepted), Central Michigan University (attending the interview/open house), UNC Chapel Hill (attending the interview/open house), University of Nebraska (have not heard anything), University of Utah (Skype interview), and Pacific University in Oregon (attending the interview/open house).

Edited by FutureAuD123456

Hello everyone!

I'm so excited to hear about everyone's journey through this crazy process. I am currently applying to AuD programs for Fall 2020. This process can be super stressful but it's great to hear the good news about everyone's programs. So far I've only heard back from a few schools and I'm excited to see where everyone will end up. I am also planning on attending the preview days for schools that I have been accepted to thus far. 

Best of luck everyone!

Applying to: Rush University, Ohio State University, Northwestern, University of Colorado Boulder, San Diego State University, and Arizona State University.

Applied /Interview / Accepted / Waitlisted / Rejected