Audiology Applicants 2020

aud2be2024

I just received an invitation to University of Maryland's admitted student luncheon, but this is the first notice I've received of being admitted which seems a little weird! Has anyone else admitted at UMD received a more formal admission letter prior to this invitation? Did it include an assistantship/ financial offer? I emailed Dr. Nguyen to clarify since my status on the portal also indicates my application is still under review, but I'm wondering what other people have experienced!  

3 hours ago, audapps2020 said:

I just received an invitation to University of Maryland's admitted student luncheon, but this is the first notice I've received of being admitted which seems a little weird! Has anyone else admitted at UMD received a more formal admission letter prior to this invitation? Did it include an assistantship/ financial offer? I emailed Dr. Nguyen to clarify since my status on the portal also indicates my application is still under review, but I'm wondering what other people have experienced!  

Hey! I got my offer letter from Maryland on January 31st. It did not contain financial aid information, but they said they would send it out in mid march. On the portal, it gives me a link to a separate admissions letter from the graduate school (not the AuD program). So it looks like something went wrong in your case unfortunately, I think you were right to email Dr. Nguyen. Congrats tho! It looks like you got accepted!

Hello Everyone!

I'm so excited to be on this forum with everyone! I have also applied for this fall 2020. I have applied to East Tennessee State University, East Carolina University, and LSUHSC. 

I was interviewed by ECU  last Thursday and received an invitation for an interview for LSUHSC on Tuesday. 

My Numbers, in case you’re curious:

GRE: V152 Q144 W4.0

GPA: 3.53(overall), 3.88 (major)

References from: ASL instructor, my SLP professor, my PSYC professor (didn’t send one to ECU ), & a clinical AuD. 

Feel free to ask me anything! I’m excited to see what is going to happen for us! 

On 1/11/2020 at 2:10 PM, Kparnell said:

Hey everyone! I just received my Bachelor's degree in Communication Science and Disorders this past December! 

Applied to: Ohio University, Northeast Ohio AuD Consortium, NOVA Southeastern University, East Carolina University, University of Tennessee, Auburn University, University of Louisville, and Towson University.

I have been offered interviews at NOVA Southeastern University and Ohio University!

Can't wait to (virtually) meet you all!

Have you heard anything back from your schools? 

4 hours ago, earssss said:

Hey! I got my offer letter from Maryland on January 31st. It did not contain financial aid information, but they said they would send it out in mid march. On the portal, it gives me a link to a separate admissions letter from the graduate school (not the AuD program). So it looks like something went wrong in your case unfortunately, I think you were right to email Dr. Nguyen. Congrats tho! It looks like you got accepted!

Hmm okay, thanks for your reply! I guess I'll see what she has to say, hopefully the mistake was in my portal status and not in accidentally inviting me to the luncheon lol!

The hardest part of this forum is seeing applicants getting accepted, receiving invitations to an interview, or being waitlisted while not receiving any updates at all...couldn't help but think that I'm being rejected from every school I've applied too :( I'm happy for y'all but dang, this is so hard. I don't know what I'd do if I'm not accepted at all - you can't really do anything with a CSD degree straight out of undergrad. 

4 hours ago, PlayByEar said:

The hardest part of this forum is seeing applicants getting accepted, receiving invitations to an interview, or being waitlisted while not receiving any updates at all...couldn't help but think that I'm being rejected from every school I've applied too :( I'm happy for y'all but dang, this is so hard. I don't know what I'd do if I'm not accepted at all - you can't really do anything with a CSD degree straight out of undergrad. 

You really can’t base yourself off of our experience! It is all happening at its own pace so don’t give up yet. I feel the exact same as you. Even though I’ve been interviewed by one and waiting on a second I’m up all night going back over what I say and worrying that the email I receive won’t be the one I want. An interview doesn’t mean you’re guaranteed in so I’m still stressing and feeling horrible too. There are so many different ways I could have answered questions or looked or said. If I was you I would reach out just check that they received my application. Maybe tag on a few questions at the end to really show your interest. I’m in the same boat with you, so I’ll help you row til we get where we’re going. ? 

Have you checked back with LSU? I got a notification on Tuesday, but maybe they do waves of interviews? Any status changes on the online forms? 

Edited by savvyAuD

9 hours ago, savvyAuD said:

Hello Everyone!

I'm so excited to be on this forum with everyone! I have also applied for this fall 2020. I have applied to East Tennessee State University, East Carolina University, and LSUHSC. 

I was interviewed by ECU  last Thursday and received an invitation for an interview for LSUHSC on Tuesday. 

My Numbers, in case you’re curious:

GRE: V152 Q144 W4.0

GPA: 3.53(overall), 3.88 (major)

References from: ASL instructor, my SLP professor, my PSYC professor (didn’t send one to ECU ), & a clinical AuD. 

Feel free to ask me anything! I’m excited to see what is going to happen for us! 

I received an interview from LSUHSC too, I’m super excited! Have you heard anything from ETSU? They emailed me updates on my application and then as soon as everything was in, I heard nothing. 

6 hours ago, PlayByEar said:

I absolutely feel you on this. I've been seeing people get interviews from my number one and I also haven't heard anything from them yet. Last year I applied to MANY schools and it did not end up working out for me, but this past year I've been working full time and doing the necessary steps to apply again and saving money so that going into grad this year (hopefully) I don't have to worry too much about that! Don't get discouraged yet, there's still time to hear back from schools and you got this!☺️

Just now, mertsncy said:

Yes. I received an email saying to check the portal for an update and it was the admissions decision.

Okay thanks I haven't received an email and there's no update for me yet. Ugh this waiting game is so hard!

Just now, emma98 said:

Okay thanks I haven't received an email and there's no update for me yet. Ugh this waiting game is so hard!

That's probably a good thing. I got rejected so I'd 'd imagine you got a different decision if it's taking longer.

If anyone else applied to Samford, I just received a check in the mail for the application refund. It was through csdcas so they sent me the $131 fee for the first application. 

20 hours ago, savvyAuD said:

Have you heard anything back from your schools? 

I have had interview at University of Louisville, Towson University, Nova Southeastern, Ecu, NOAC tomorrow, and Ohio U on Saturday. 
I got rejected from a Chapel Hill and Auburn, but accepted to University of Louisville! 

1 hour ago, Kparnell said:

I have had interview at University of Louisville, Towson University, Nova Southeastern, Ecu, NOAC tomorrow, and Ohio U on Saturday. 
I got rejected from a Chapel Hill and Auburn, but accepted to University of Louisville! 

Have you received anything from University of Louisville yet? I was accepted as well but have yet to receive an official email or letter. I am getting paranoid that they will be like sike and take my verbal acceptance back ?

11 hours ago, AuDie3 said:

Have you received anything from University of Louisville yet? I was accepted as well but have yet to receive an official email or letter. I am getting paranoid that they will be like sike and take my verbal acceptance back ?

I was kinda paranoid too lol but I think they said that we will get emails like the second week of march with funding. 

28 minutes ago, Kparnell said:

I was kinda paranoid too lol but I think they said that we will get emails like the second week of march with funding. 

Yeah I remember her saying that but I’m still afraid they’re gonna take it back ? So far it’s my top choice so once I get the official acceptance I’ll feel better!