Audiology Applicants 2020

aud2be2024

21 minutes ago, allaboutthataud said:

Has anyone who has already interviewed at Pacific University heard anything? Someone told me that some people have already heard back about being accepted/waitlisted/denied but I haven't heard anything, and I know people are still interviewing up until the first week of March. 

I interviewed already but I haven’t heard anything either. Curious to know how much longer it will be/ why they haven’t made a decision yet. 

38 minutes ago, WestCoastAuD said:

I interviewed at Pacific and haven’t heard anything. They still have two more interview dates so I’m thinking we should know our verdict  in about 2-3 weeks.

When did you interview? If you don’t mind me asking

5 hours ago, allaboutthataud said:

Has anyone who has already interviewed at Pacific University heard anything? Someone told me that some people have already heard back about being accepted/waitlisted/denied but I haven't heard anything, and I know people are still interviewing up until the first week of March. 

I was accepted. I interviewed on Feb 8. 

23 minutes ago, AuDApplicant said:

Hey y'all, 

I have a question for those who have been accepted to multiple Au.D. programs, do you accept the multiple offers or wait for the admitted student visit days and information on funding to narrow down your decision and accept one offer before the April 15th deadline? 

I'm waiting to visit and get more information and hear about funding and then I will be accepting admission at one school before the deadline.

Hi everyone! I am not applying this year, but am looking at applying to AuD programs next year. I am a bit worried though because I have relatively low stats: a 3.42 overall GPA, 150 V, 149 Q, and a 6 on the writing portion of the GRE. Because of this, I am looking to apply to some less competitive AuD programs. Does anyone have any program suggestions that have been traditionally less competitive? Thank you all and good luck on apps and interviews this year! :) 

31 minutes ago, AuDhopefull said:

Hi everyone! I am not applying this year, but am looking at applying to AuD programs next year. I am a bit worried though because I have relatively low stats: a 3.42 overall GPA, 150 V, 149 Q, and a 6 on the writing portion of the GRE. Because of this, I am looking to apply to some less competitive AuD programs. Does anyone have any program suggestions that have been traditionally less competitive? Thank you all and good luck on apps and interviews this year! :)

I don't know of any off the top of my head, but I would definitely take a look at ASHA EdFind. Schools post their accepted students average stats on it and you can see how you compare. https://find.asha.org/ed#sort=relevancy

36 minutes ago, AuDhopefull said:

I definitely want to say to not count yourself out of applying to more competitive programs solely based on your stats which honestly are not bad. You are looked at holistically by programs and they take a lot more into consideration  than numbers (letters of rec are huge as well as your writing pieces that you submit). Apply to programs that will meet your personal and professional goals, look at number averages to see where you land for schools and you will end up at the right one :)

3 hours ago, AuDhopefull said:

Hey! So I have pretty much the same stats as you do, and I still got into 2 schools, waitlisted at one, and got invited by one school to an interview. I became more involved in research in my CSD department, and I volunteered ALL the time. Letters of recommendations are a HUGE HUGE plus (I cannot emphasize how important they are - most of my interviews asked questions based on what my LORs said because it’s about your character). Show that you are a hard worker, are involved in orgs and volunteerism, and maybe get a part time job in pediatrics as a hearing screener. GRE and GPA aren’t everything! You got this- good luck!

Edited by PlayByEar

10 hours ago, luckyshine789 said:

I will be there!

I'll see you there! Are you bringing your parents or attending by yourself? I wanted to know how common it was for family to also attend

15 hours ago, PlayByEar said:

Hey! So I have pretty much the same stats as you do, and I still got into 2 schools, waitlisted at one, and got invited by one school to an interview. I became more involved in research in my CSD department, and I volunteered ALL the time. Letters of recommendations are a HUGE HUGE plus (I cannot emphasize how important they are - most of my interviews asked questions based on what my LORs said because it’s about your character). Show that you are a hard worker, are involved in orgs and volunteerism, and maybe get a part time job in pediatrics as a hearing screener. GRE and GPA aren’t everything! You got this- good luck!

Thank you so much for your response!! Do you mind if I ask which schools you applied to? I'm really trying to get an idea of where people with similar stats are accepted. I know this field is so competitive which really worries me. Thanks for your help!! 

Hi Everyone!

My name is Mari and I will be graduating with my bachelor's degree from the University of Maine in May!

Good luck everyone! 

I applied to Syracuse University, the University of Florida,  Indiana University, Bloomsburg University, and the University of Pittsburgh. 

Applied / Accepted / Waitlisted / Rejected