Audiology Applicants 2020

aud2be2024

Congratulations to everyone that got accepted to a place! For those who got accepted to multiple places, how are you guys deciding on which school you want to ultimately go to and are you guys waiting till the April 15th deadline?

9 hours ago, FutureAuD123456 said:

Has anyone heard about funding from Rush, University of Arizona, or Purdue? 

Not a word from Rush yet about funding. The web portal still has my financial aid status as "pending review".

17 hours ago, FutureAuD123456 said:

Has anyone heard about funding from Rush, University of Arizona, or Purdue? 

I haven’t heard about funding from Rush yet, but I’m going to their preview day on March 30th so I’m hoping to get more information about it then!

17 hours ago, msaud2020 said:

Congratulations to everyone that got accepted to a place! For those who got accepted to multiple places, how are you guys deciding on which school you want to ultimately go to and are you guys waiting till the April 15th deadline?

I'm waiting until I hear about funding from all schools before I make that decision, so I hope we hear soon. I'm also visiting the schools I'm seriously considering so I can get a feel for the program, facilities, and faculty. I'm hoping to make a decision well before April 15, but we will have to wait and see. 

Has anyone had issues with receiving their admissions decision from Pitt?? I got an email from them this morning about it and tried all of their suggestions, but still wasn't able to access it. If anyone had any success in finding their admissions decision from them, please let me know! Also, did UF send out all decisions?? I didn't get an email from them either and was wondering if it was the same issue with my email. Thanks in advance!

19 hours ago, msaud2020 said:

I'm going mainly by funding and also benefits. Like one school is faster but probably more in the long run but that may change so I'm waiting it out to hear about funding. I'm also waiting on decisions from one more school which could really shake up my plans as while its not my first choice its an amazing school overall. I'd say go based on funding and by where you see yourself wanting to live, if you're miserable in the heat then texas may be a bad idea haha.

3 hours ago, hgarr said:

I haven’t heard about funding from Rush yet, but I’m going to their preview day on March 30th so I’m hoping to get more information about it then!

Funding for Rush just came out for me this morning! 

2 hours ago, mertsncy said:

Anyone know when we are supposed to hear back from Vanderbilt? I know last year decisions came out on March 8th and we've already past that date this year.

I know they said they would be mailed by March 15th but I haven't seen/heard any word from them. They're the last school I'm waiting on so I hope its soon!

3 hours ago, Taritai said:

FYI, keep your eyes peeled for potential cancellations with Open Houses. One of my professors mentioned that it's a possibility at my school due to COVID-19. 

Just something to keep in mind! Nothing set in stone! Just musings at this point apparently. 

This is likely going to happen. My university just cancelled all face to face instruction until the end of March and potentially longer if needed. Many universities are being proactive as students safety are their upmost importance 

Woah! You actually got cancelled? Even though we’ve admitted a confirmed case, my university is still like “hm, yes. Carry on.” We’re not NY or WA or CA, but many of the students are kinda concerned about it. Faculty meetings have been cancelled because groupings of 10 or more are forbidden, but apparently this doesn’t mean anything for our classes. ?

10 minutes ago, Taritai said:

Woah! You actually got cancelled? Even though we’ve admitted a confirmed case, my university is still like “hm, yes. Carry on.” We’re not NY or WA or CA, but many of the students are kinda concerned about it. Faculty meetings have been cancelled because groupings of 10 or more are forbidden, but apparently this doesn’t mean anything for our classes. ?

No confirmed cases in our county even first ones in the state yesterday. But it’s a BIG university and we are currently on spring break so I think that plays a role as well with students traveling. Courses will be taught online in the meantime

19 hours ago, meggieschwa said:

Has anyone had issues with receiving their admissions decision from Pitt?? I got an email from them this morning about it and tried all of their suggestions, but still wasn't able to access it. If anyone had any success in finding their admissions decision from them, please let me know! Also, did UF send out all decisions?? I didn't get an email from them either and was wondering if it was the same issue with my email. Thanks in advance!

I got an email from UF with their decision on March 6. I’m so sorry you’re having these issues! I hope they get fixed soon.

1 hour ago, FutureAuD8 said:

No confirmed cases in our county even first ones in the state yesterday. But it’s a BIG university and we are currently on spring break so I think that plays a role as well with students traveling. Courses will be taught online in the meantime

We just got back from spring break and had to get clearance regarding our travel. They’ve cancelled all professional trips (Coch and AAA) and all professional staff meetings, but classes are still going on here. 

If you don’t mind, could you tell me which university you’re attending? 

3 minutes ago, Taritai said:

We just got back from spring break and had to get clearance regarding our travel. They’ve cancelled all professional trips (Coch and AAA) and all professional staff meetings, but classes are still going on here. 

If you don’t mind, could you tell me which university you’re attending? 

I go to Ohio State. The letter the president announced to the university pretty much said the risks of not closing down face to face instruction outweighs the disruption this may cause. There’s no word yet on how this will impact labs for students or clinicals. I’m actually a current AuD student thought and last week my department made an announcement they have already been planning supplemental clinical opportunities should we potentially lose some clinical opportunities. I’m grateful to attend a university that cares about the well being of students, faculty and staff and to be in a department that I know is proactive and working towards still providing the best education possible even if we cannot meet in person 

18 minutes ago, FutureAuD8 said:

I go to Ohio State. The letter the president announced to the university pretty much said the risks of not closing down face to face instruction outweighs the disruption this may cause. There’s no word yet on how this will impact labs for students or clinicals. I’m actually a current AuD student thought and last week my department made an announcement they have already been planning supplemental clinical opportunities should we potentially lose some clinical opportunities. I’m grateful to attend a university that cares about the well being of students, faculty and staff and to be in a department that I know is proactive and working towards still providing the best education possible even if we cannot meet in person 

Haha my current preceptor is an alumnus of OH!

You sure are lucky! That’s amazing :) 

12 hours ago, EARreplaceable said:

Anyone else going to UT-Austin? ?

Just got an email with an offer of acceptance! I think I am still leaning towards UT-Dallas though 

Northwestern just canceled the Preview Day event because of COVID-19. I'm a little frustrated because they announced it less than 7 days prior to the event and it prevents us from getting refunds for hotels and flights :(