Audiology Applicants 2020

aud2be2024

Hi everyone. I'm Ricardo. Thought I'd join in. 

I applied to Ohio U, University of Arizona, Gallaudet, Northwestern, ETSU, University of Memphis & JMU 

Super excited that I got into Northwestern and Gallaudet. Definitely lucky to have options! 

17 hours ago, Kparnell said:

I have had interview at University of Louisville, Towson University, Nova Southeastern, Ecu, NOAC tomorrow, and Ohio U on Saturday. 
I got rejected from a Chapel Hill and Auburn, but accepted to University of Louisville! 

Hey girl!! I interviewed at Nova Southeastern too. Did you hear anything back from them yet??

21 minutes ago, rvAud said:

Hi everyone. I'm Ricardo. Thought I'd join in. 

I applied to Ohio U, University of Arizona, Gallaudet, Northwestern, ETSU, University of Memphis & JMU 

Super excited that I got into Northwestern and Gallaudet. Definitely lucky to have options! 

Have you heard anything from ETSU yet? The director said interview decisions should be going out in mid-February but everyone I’ve talked to hasn’t heard anything! 

55 minutes ago, AuDie3 said:

Have you heard anything from ETSU yet? The director said interview decisions should be going out in mid-February but everyone I’ve talked to hasn’t heard anything! 

I got a message last night from the program's coordinator asking me if I could set aside 20-30 minutes for a conference call about the program since I have not had the opportunity to visit/tour. However in the email he strictly said that the committee was finishing their evaluation of applications. 

So I'm assuming we should be hearing back soon.

1 hour ago, rvAud said:

I got a message last night from the program's coordinator asking me if I could set aside 20-30 minutes for a conference call about the program since I have not had the opportunity to visit/tour. However in the email he strictly said that the committee was finishing their evaluation of applications. 

So I'm assuming we should be hearing back soon.

Hmm good to know. I wonder if they will be doing formal interviews then. I have heard a lot of things so I’m really confused on their process! 

1 hour ago, MSUAUD2B said:

Am I the only one that hasn’t heard from any of my schools?? Memphis, Florida, & South Alabama! 

Florida has been M.I.A. for me too. They didn't respond to any of my emails. I think other people on this forum have had the same experience as well from what I read. I honestly forgot I applied there for a while because of the radio silence.

Just found out I have been accepted into Northwestern- woohoo! I really want to attend the preview day but unfortunately, I won't be able to. I'll probably just contact and see if I can visit on an alternate date.

Applying to: Rush University, Ohio State University, Northwestern, University of Colorado Boulder, San Diego State University, and Arizona State University.

Applied /Interview / Accepted / Waitlisted / Rejected 

On 2/20/2020 at 8:55 AM, AuDie3 said:

I received an interview from LSUHSC too, I’m super excited! Have you heard anything from ETSU? They emailed me updates on my application and then as soon as everything was in, I heard nothing. 

Nothing from ETSU. they may be sending out their first picks on the 1st? 

27 minutes ago, Lita E said:

Hi everyone! 

Western Washington University, Utah State University, University of Colorado-Boulder, University of Northern Colorado

Interviewed / No Word Yet

@allaboutears and @mertsncy - did we apply to the same UNC or did ya'll apply to other UNC (North Carolina)? 

UNC north carolina chapel hill for me!

13 hours ago, savvyAuD said:

Nothing from ETSU. they may be sending out their first picks on the 1st? 

Last time I talked to the director he said they wanted to do in person or phone interviews at the end of February. I'm assuming that has changed since no one has really heard anything?  

15 hours ago, AuD2Be2020 said:

Just found out I have been accepted into Northwestern- woohoo! I really want to attend the preview day but unfortunately, I won't be able to. I'll probably just contact and see if I can visit on an alternate date.

Applying to: Rush University, Ohio State University, Northwestern, University of Colorado Boulder, San Diego State University, and Arizona State University.

Applied /Interview / Accepted / Waitlisted / Rejected 

I want to go to Preview day too! I could, but flights to Chicago are so expensive! Ughhh. Please update us on whether or not they will have another date in the future :) Congrats!!

University of Texas at Austin, University of Texas Dallas, Louisiana State University, Northwestern, SUNY Buffalo, University of Arizona

Accepted Waitlisted Interview / No News Yet / Rejected

Edited by PlayByEar

Hello everyone, its exciting to be in a group with others going through the same decision! 

I applied to ETSU, Lamar, Missouri State University and University of Florida.

I was invited to Lamar's interview day two weeks ago and will be attending! Also I talked to the coordinator of ETSU on Friday and was told hes pretty sure that I will be extended an admission offer (it was kind of confusing but he said he will personally email me when notifications are sent out and the first round of picks might be sent out in a week or by the first week of March at the latest). 

Edited by msaud2020

On 2/21/2020 at 5:06 PM, MSUAUD2B said:

Am I the only one that hasn’t heard from any of my schools?? Memphis, Florida, & South Alabama! 

I have a friend that goes to Florida right now and she said that last year she heard from Florida the second week of March and that some of her cohort got notifications as late as April. But this was because they were trying to find new faculty and that this year should be quicker.

On 2/21/2020 at 6:11 PM, mertsncy said:

Florida has been M.I.A. for me too. They didn't respond to any of my emails. I think other people on this forum have had the same experience as well from what I read. I honestly forgot I applied there for a while because of the radio silence.

I go to Florida and usually students hear back around the 2nd week of March, around there! They don't really send updates otherwise.

Hi, y'all. This might be a dumb question, but I'm genuinely curious. Do you think it would be acceptable for me to do my video conference interview in my scrubs because it's right after I get out of work? Would this be inappropriate? Or should I change as fast as I can? 

8 minutes ago, onthesamewavelength said:

Hi, y'all. This might be a dumb question, but I'm genuinely curious. Do you think it would be acceptable for me to do my video conference interview in my scrubs because it's right after I get out of work? Would this be inappropriate? Or should I change as fast as I can? 

Not a dumb question at all! I think ideally if you have time to change really quick - it could just be your top half - it would be best. However, if you are short on time and don't get the chance, I do not think it would be terrible either.  From my experience, the video interviews have been laid back and more about getting to know you plus information on the school/program, being in a scrub top won't take away from who you are as a person and its something you can mention in passing if anything.

Hope that helps somewhat! 

On 2/16/2020 at 11:17 PM, audmillie said:

I'll be there the 30th!

Nice! I'll see you there :)

Are you bringing parents or just attending yourself? I'm not sure how common it is for family members to join as well.