Audiology Applicants 2020

aud2be2024

Hi guys!

So glad to have found this forum. I have an interview with Pacific University on 6th of March if anyone else is attending, please let me know!

Also, has anyone heard back from any of the schools applied through CSDCAS? Pacific was the only one I heard back from so I'm just getting a little nervous about it. 

Thanks guys!

Hi everyone! I applied to CU Boulder, SDSU/UCSD, Purdue, University of Northern Colorado, and Sacramento State's new program. Has anyone else applied to these schools and heard back yet? I got an interview with Purdue!

15 hours ago, Jennylee said:

Hi guys!

So glad to have found this forum. I have an interview with Pacific University on 6th of March if anyone else is attending, please let me know!

Also, has anyone heard back from any of the schools applied through CSDCAS? Pacific was the only one I heard back from so I'm just getting a little nervous about it. 

Thanks guys!

Hi! I will also be interviewing at Pacific University on March 6th! 

On 2/10/2020 at 3:17 PM, Jennylee said:

Hi guys!

Thanks guys!

Going to be at the Pacific University interview on that same day! Also, haven't heard back from any CSDCAS schools yet either. 

On 2/7/2020 at 9:15 PM, onthesamewavelength said:

Right? I was hoping someone had been interviewed or gotten an e-mail, but I've only read what their website says: "Admission letters are typically sent out in early March indicating whether a student has been accepted and whether the student is being offered funding or is being considered for funding. Students who are accepted to the program have until April 15 to reply." 

Guess we will have to play the waiting game! Check back in a month, I guess. 

I go to Indiana University for my undergrad so if I hear anything about admissions I'll let you all know.  One of my professors said they are hiring a new faculty member so that's taking priority right now.  Hopefully we hear back soon!

1 hour ago, Leahmae0323 said:

I go to Indiana University for my undergrad so if I hear anything about admissions I'll let you all know.  One of my professors said they are hiring a new faculty member so that's taking priority right now.  Hopefully we hear back soon!

Sounds good, thank you for letting us know! I hope they find the right person for their search.

I am not sure if anyone knows the answer to this but I am applying for a scholarship through an organization I was a part of in undergrad. The scholarship is for an AuD program (I don't know which one yet) for the fall of 2020. It is asking how much I am taking out in loans and I don't know whether I should be putting the full amount the tuition costs? I am not getting any other assistance but I also don't want it to look like the loans will cover all the money I need because obviously I am trying to decrease the amount of loans. What should I do?

I just wanted to share a bit of advice as a current AuD student and someone who went through this process a few years ago. 
On interviews: be yourself, know why you want to go to that school, be able to talk about what brought you to audiology and what some of your interests may be. 

When it comes to picking a program it is important to consider costs and GA positions but it is SO MUCH more than that. Obviously don’t collect a bunch of debt if you can avoid it, but also don’t pick a school solely on cost. Look at what the clinical opportunities are and are you required to find your placements or does someone do that for you (during the first 3 years of 4 year program). Do they have any specialized classes that you are interested in or faculty members that are known for a specialty (ie. tinnitus). Visit the school and try to imagine if you could see yourself there for 3+ years. Ask for contact information from a current student there. If your considering a 3 year program definitely talk to students there and think about what you can handle, especially if you have to work part time in school. I definitely couldn’t imagine fitting everything I am learning and doing into 3 years (which I did consider) and I applaud the students who are able to do that. 

Best of luck to all of you in this exciting process!

1 hour ago, MSUAUD2B said:

Anyone heard anything from UofFlorida, Memphis, or South Alabama?

I applied to Memphis and haven’t heard anything! I don’t think they do interviews so we probably won’t hear from them until March! 

11 hours ago, MSUAUD2B said:

Anyone heard anything from UofFlorida, Memphis, or South Alabama?

I applied to Florida. I have tried contacting them via email multiple times and they have never gotten back to me. I did receive an email confirming that my application was submitted right after I sent it in, but that was it.

Hi everyone! Glad I found this forum but it’s stressing me out haha. Has anyone heard anything from the following schools? University of Nebraska Lincoln, University of Arizona,  or University of South Dakota? I got waitlisted at UW Madison and have an interview at Illinois state university  next week. 

Edited by Joan12345

On 1/22/2020 at 2:06 PM, madisonlmoore said:

Hello all! I have applied to Texas Tech, UT Austin, and UT Dallas. Would love to hear any and all updates! 

Glad to know others in the process ?

Hi! I just received emails from Texas Tech this morning about setting up accounts with them, but I have not heard anything else up until this point. I'm hoping we find out soon!

2 hours ago, KenzAUD said:

Hi! I just received emails from Texas Tech this morning about setting up accounts with them, but I have not heard anything else up until this point. I'm hoping we find out soon!

I applied to UT-Dallas and UT-Austin as well! Have you heard anything from either of them yet?! 

On 2/15/2020 at 11:14 AM, KenzAUD said:

Me too! I am hoping this means the process is moving forward and we will hear about interviews soon. 

On 2/15/2020 at 2:06 PM, futurespeechie2 said:

I applied to UT-Dallas and UT-Austin as well! Have you heard anything from either of them yet?! 

Hi! I applied to the University of Texas at Dallas and I never received a email from them regarding interview invitations. Would you say that if I haven't gotten an email about conducting an interview by now, that possibly meant that I were rejected from an interview?

Hey everyone! I am applying to the Audiology program at UT Dallas, UT Austin, Northwestern, University of Arizona, LSU, and SUNY Buffalo. For those that are applying to UT Austin, they will most likely send an email this week about invitations to an interview. Has anyone heard back from Northwestern or SUNY Buffalo?

Edited by PlayByEar

20 hours ago, madisonlmoore said:

Me too! I am hoping this means the process is moving forward and we will hear about interviews soon. 

On 2/15/2020 at 10:14 AM, KenzAUD said:

So I called to receive some clarification about those e-mails from TTU, and they said to wait about a week before we try to set anything up. As for those phone interview invitations, has anyone received any communication about that? 

49 minutes ago, onthesamewavelength said:

So I called to receive some clarification about those e-mails from TTU, and they said to wait about a week before we try to set anything up. As for those phone interview invitations, has anyone received any communication about that? 

It was my understanding that they will call or email with an official invitation to interview. Are you saying we are supposed to call them and set one up?

6 minutes ago, madisonlmoore said:

It was my understanding that they will call or email with an official invitation to interview. Are you saying we are supposed to call them and set one up?

Hello, no I'm sorry for the confusion.This is only in regards to the e-mail we received about the account set-up. They were saying to wait a week to set it. As of right now, we're e-mailing back and forth to see if any troubleshooting might be necessary since I had an error message when I logged in. I'll definitely keep you updated, and they are aware some of us received that same e-mail for the account set-up.  I believe your understanding that they will contact us for interviews is correct. 

Edited by onthesamewavelength