Jump to content
aud2be2024

Audiology Applicants 2020

Recommended Posts

On 1/31/2020 at 8:03 PM, FutureAuD123456 said:

Hi everyone!

This is probably a silly question, but what are you planning to wear to your interviews? I have a school that specifically stated to dress business formal, and other schools who did not say anything. I was thinking a nice skirt/jacket suit combo and heels, but I am not sure if this will be too formal for the schools that didn't specifically state how to dress? 

 

I applied to: Rush (accepted), Central Michigan University (attending the interview/open house), UNC Chapel Hill (attending the interview/open house), University of Nebraska (have not heard anything), University of Utah (Skype interview), and Pacific University in Oregon (attending the interview/open house).

     

I am attending an interview for Pacific University as well! Which date are you going?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, FutureAuD123456 said:

I'll be there February 8th!  

 

Congrats! I'm also interviewing on the 8th!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2020 at 8:29 PM, gabi24 said:

Hi everyone! I have applied to Arizona State University, Purdue, Indiana University, Rush, Northwestern, University of Illinois, Northern Illinois University, University of Iowa, and Illinois State University! Has anyone heard anything from any of these schools?

Best of luck to everyone!

Hey! I got my acceptance from Rush last week, still waiting on northwestern and NIU!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/29/2020 at 2:34 PM, emma98 said:

I received an email about the secondary application on January 15 and then was accepted via email today.


Congrats I was accepted at Rush last week too! Did you receive any information regarding financial offers? All I got was the acceptance as well as the invite to the preview day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, 

I am only applying to Wayne State Audiology program. I just received an interview for February 28, I am pretty nervous. Does anybody know where I can get practice? or what type of questions they may ask. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, aldourra said:

Hello, 

I am only applying to Wayne State Audiology program. I just received an interview for February 28, I am pretty nervous. Does anybody know where I can get practice? or what type of questions they may ask. 

I found this link super helpful to help with interview questions :)

https://saa.audiology.org/educational-opportunities/undergraduate-students/undergraduate-resources/applying-audiology-16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2020 at 9:29 PM, gabi24 said:

Hi everyone! I have applied to Arizona State University, Purdue, Indiana University, Rush, Northwestern, University of Illinois, Northern Illinois University, University of Iowa, and Illinois State University! Has anyone heard anything from any of these schools?

Best of luck to everyone!

I also applied to Purdue and Indiana University! Have you heard back from either? I have not gotten any email communication from Indiana since applying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all!

I have applied to Salus (accepted) , University of Pitt, Montclair, James Madison (interview offered) , CUNY and Long Island Consortium (interview offered). 

I'm looking forward to finding out more about where I will end up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, audmillie said:


Congrats I was accepted at Rush last week too! Did you receive any information regarding financial offers? All I got was the acceptance as well as the invite to the preview day.

Congratulations to you too! I didn't receive any information regrading financial offers either, but in the packet included on the acceptance email, they were saying to submit FAFSA asap so I'm assuming they are just waiting for people to get their FAFSA in so that they can give financial offers based on that. I also just looked on Rush's website. It says that 80% of all their students receive financial aid, but it looks like only their nursing school and medical school have merit based scholarships up for offer.

Edited by emma98

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will anyone be at the February 15th interview session at Pacific University or the March 27th interview at ATSU? 😊 

Edited by FeelingAUD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anyone going to Towson University's interview day this Friday?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2020 at 6:14 PM, audmillie said:


Congrats I was accepted at Rush last week too! Did you receive any information regarding financial offers? All I got was the acceptance as well as the invite to the preview day.

Congrats!! I was also accepted - is anyone going to be attending the preview day for Rush? I think I might be going to the one on March 30. 

Edited by mz0700

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To anyone applying to Samford's Audiology program. DO NOT PAY FOR APPLICATIONS .... DO NOT APPLY ... The program at Samford is closing and not accepting students.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2020 at 8:26 PM, AuDie3 said:

Hello all! 

Looking forward to connecting with you all during application season! 

Applied to: Auburn University, East Tennessee State University, LSU- New Orleans (LSUHSC), Samford University, Texas Tech, University of Louisville, University of Memphis, University of Tennessee (UTHSC) , and University of Texas- Austin. 

I received an email today from University of Louisville and will be interviewing on February 14th. 

Good luck to everyone! 

 

ASK FOR YOUR MONEY BACK FROM SAMFORD IF YOU APPLIED TO THE AUDIOLOGY PROGRAM AT SAMFORD. THEY ARE CLOSING THE PROGRAM. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SpeechJC said:

ASK FOR YOUR MONEY BACK FROM SAMFORD IF YOU APPLIED TO THE AUDIOLOGY PROGRAM AT SAMFORD. THEY ARE CLOSING THE PROGRAM. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY

When did they decide to close? They emailed me like a week ago saying they would be sending out interview information within the next few weeks. I haven’t seen anything about them closing, I wonder if they will let applicants know. Hopefully I can get refunded.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, AuDie3 said:

When did they decide to close? They emailed me like a week ago saying they would be sending out interview information within the next few weeks. I haven’t seen anything about them closing, I wonder if they will let applicants know. Hopefully I can get refunded.  

I think current students were informed within in the last week or so. What I have heard is that they are closing all of their programs that do not have a 75% profit or greater. So they are closing other programs like OT and some other programs too aside from Audiology.

Edited by emma98

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, AuDie3 said:

When did they decide to close? They emailed me like a week ago saying they would be sending out interview information within the next few weeks. I haven’t seen anything about them closing, I wonder if they will let applicants know. Hopefully I can get refunded.  

The decision was made monday 2/3/2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2020 at 7:23 AM, AuDApplicant said:

I also applied to Purdue and Indiana University! Have you heard back from either? I have not gotten any email communication from Indiana since applying. 

I received an email today about an interview for Purdue!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@SpeechJC @emma98  That is crazy! I understand why they would close if they weren’t making a profit, but the audiology program is new so I wouldn’t expect it to just yet. I feel so bad for the current students, are they going to let them finish out? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AuDie3 said:

@SpeechJC @emma98  That is crazy! I understand why they would close if they weren’t making a profit, but the audiology program is new so I wouldn’t expect it to just yet. I feel so bad for the current students, are they going to let them finish out? 

They haven’t given much information. The first cohort will probably finish but probably not the second. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, emma98 said:

I think current students were informed within in the last week or so. What I have heard is that they are closing all of their programs that do not have a 75% profit or greater. So they are closing other programs like OT and some other programs too aside from Audiology.

Current AuD students just found out Monday 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.