Audiology Applicants 2020

aud2be2024

3 minutes ago, onthesamewavelength said:

Hello, no I'm sorry. They were saying to wait a week to set up the account. As of right now, we're e-mailing back and forth to see if any troubleshooting might be necessary since I had an error message when I logged in. I'm sure they will contact us for interviews. This is only in regards to the e-mail we received. I'll definitely keep you updated, and they are aware some of us received that same e-mail for the account set-up. 

Gotcha! I didn't have trouble setting mine up, but I had a regular student account previously. Best of luck getting that resolved; I am sorry that you're experiencing problems. 

11 minutes ago, madisonlmoore said:

Gotcha! I didn't have trouble setting mine up, but I had a regular student account previously. Best of luck getting that resolved; I am sorry that you're experiencing problems. 

Edited by onthesamewavelength

17 hours ago, PlayByEar said:

Hi! I applied to the University of Texas at Dallas and I never received a email from them regarding interview invitations. Would you say that if I haven't gotten an email about conducting an interview by now, that possibly meant that I were rejected from an interview?

I got an invitation for an interview but I know that some of my friends who applied have not received one or heard anything back yet. My guess would be that there may be a second round of interview invitations sent out soon and/or wait-lists. Crossing my fingers you hear back good news soon! 

Hello!

I'm new to this forum and hello everyone! I'm very nervous about applications and admissions because I do not come from a background in Communication or Hearing Sciences (I was a Linguistics and Psychology major as an undergraduate). I was just waitlisted at Auburn University after interviewing and I have already/or will be interviewing for Arizona State University, Washington University in St. Louis, Purdue University, and UNC Chapel Hill. I also applied to University of Pittsburgh and Vanderbilt both of which don't do interviews from my knowledge.

Is there any hope for me for admissions with a different background or do these programs greatly prefer people coming in with CSD degrees and the like? I have a stellar undergraduate GPA and GRE score but I'm worried that that doesn't really matter given the circumstances.

Thanks and good luck to everyone! Hope you all aren't as nervous as I am.

On 2/17/2020 at 6:18 PM, mertsncy said:

Hello!

I'm new to this forum and hello everyone! I'm very nervous about applications and admissions because I do not come from a background in Communication or Hearing Sciences (I was a Linguistics and Psychology major as an undergraduate). I was just waitlisted at Auburn University after interviewing and I have already/or will be interviewing for Arizona State University, Washington University St. Louis, Purdue University, and UNC Chapel Hill. I also applied to University of Pittsburgh and Vanderbilt both of which don't do interviews from my knowledge.

Is there any hope for me for admissions with a different background or do these programs greatly prefer people coming in with CSD degrees and the like? I have a stellar undergraduate GPA and GRE score but I'm worried that that doesn't really matter given the circumstances.

Hey! I was just waitlisted at Auburn as well and I went there for undergrad. I wouldn't feel down and out about it at all. I think you still have a really good chance of getting into one of those other schools! From my understanding, Auburn accepts very few people out right. I have heard of people having all sorts of backgrounds at different programs around the country. I know WashU has said that they are looking for a diverse class and I'm sure other programs are too! I hope that puts you at ease a little!

6 minutes ago, mertsncy said:

Hello!

I'm new to this forum and hello everyone! I'm very nervous about applications and admissions because I do not come from a background in Communication or Hearing Sciences (I was a Linguistics and Psychology major as an undergraduate). I was just waitlisted at Auburn University after interviewing and I have already/or will be interviewing for Arizona State University, Washington University St. Louis, Purdue University, and UNC Chapel Hill. I also applied to University of Pittsburgh and Vanderbilt both of which don't do interviews from my knowledge.

Hi! I think I have you beat on different backgrounds.

10 years out of grad school. MA in different field (Applied Linguistics: TESOL), undergrad in Linguistics and Pre-Med. 10 years of college level teaching, about 4 courses of CSD under my belt. Perfect GPA in Grad school, top 94% percentile in verbal and writing on GRE--admittedly sucky math. I just walked in and took the test with no prep and was like "Well, let's see if anyone accepts me, lol." 

I was accepted to all schools save 1. If the application committee is any good, they're looking for a truly diverse group of people. The fact that you're even being asked for an interview is a very good sign that they like what they see on paper--now give 'em the ol' razzle dazzle in person! 

1 minute ago, emma98 said:

Hey! I was just waitlisted at Auburn as well and I went there for undergrad and majored in Communication Disorders. I wouldn't feel down and out about it at all. I think you still have a really good chance of getting into one of those other schools! From my understanding, Auburn accepts very few people out right. I have heard of people having all sorts of backgrounds at different programs around the country. I know Wash U has said that they are looking for a diverse class and I'm sure other programs are too! I hope that puts you at ease a little!

That's good to here! I've been worried long before the Auburn interview and I'm fine with the waitlist status. It would have been a nice peace or mind though to get in somewhere since I've been worried so much about my chances.

3 hours ago, tortoelini23 said:

Hi! I'm interviewing at James Madison University on February 28th. Is anyone else going to be there? I feel prepared, but I can't help but feel nervous too ?

Hi! I am interviewing at JMU on the 21st! I feel similarly, excited but nervous. I hate to be that person, but what shoe wear do people typically wear? I want to wear a modest pair of heels I have but I dont want to bee too dressed up or stick out. What are you planning to wear?

36 minutes ago, earssss said:

Hi! I am interviewing at JMU on the 21st! I feel similarly, excited but nervous. I hate to be that person, but what shoe wear do people typically wear? I want to wear a modest pair of heels I have but I dont want to bee too dressed up or stick out. What are you planning to wear?

Oh that's awesome, congrats!! I'm going to wear a pair of black flats. As long as your heels aren't too tall and they fit a business casual vibe, I think you're good to go. We'll also be touring the facilities, so make sure you pick comfortable shoes. Good luck on Friday, let us know how it goes ☺️

1 hour ago, AuDApplicant said:

Hi everyone! 

Has anyone attended Pacific University’s interview day? If so, what was it like? Any insight is appreciated! 

My interview was February 15th. My only advice is to be yourself! The process is stressful but you’re there for a reason. Also, watch out for the other catty interviewees. 

1 hour ago, FeelingAUD said:

My interview was February 15th. My only advice is to be yourself! The process is stressful but you’re there for a reason. Also, watch out for the other catty interviewees. 

Catty interviewees ? oh no. Thank you for the advice! It is definitely a stressful process but we will get through it! ?

1 hour ago, AuDApplicant said:

Catty interviewees ? oh no. Thank you for the advice! It is definitely a stressful process but we will get through it! ?

Professors expect you to mingle with them and to get to know you better. I don’t think their catty but at the end of the day is better for you to stand out and get accepted. Don’t be shy and smile the entire day.

48 minutes ago, WestCoastAuD said:

Professors expect you to mingle with them and to get to know you better. I don’t think their catty but at the end of the day is better for you to stand out and get accepted. Don’t be shy and smile the entire day.

Completely agree! I have also heard that it’s a way for admissions to see how you'd get along with your future classmates since you’re with them for 3/4 years and typically AuD consist of small cohorts. 

2 hours ago, AuDApplicant said:

I think I need to elaborate on this a bit more. When I say catty interviewees I am not referring to how they act during the event. I am referring to how they interact afterwards. There were quite a few people who were rude after the event. 

7 hours ago, earsandespresso said:

Has anyone applied/heard back from CUNY? Saw on the "Results" page that some had heard admissions decisions already and I haven't heard anything! Thanks in advance :) 

Hi! I heard back today that I was accepted after receiving an interview last week! 

18 hours ago, tortoelini23 said:

I just got an interview invitation as well! Congratulations, I'm so excited ?

19 hours ago, futurespeechie2 said:

Just got an invite for an interview at UT-Austin! Check your emails if you applied!! 

Congrats, y'all! Me too. Good luck!