Has anyone taken online classes at ENMU? I'm pretty sure classes start in less than a week and I haven't received any information about a syllabus or anything. 

What was your experience with this? Any tips? I'm taking Aural Rehab with Hall and Research and Evidence Based Practice with Bennett.

Thanks!!

Yes, I completed my second bachelors at ENMU. Overall, I had a good experience. I urge you to join the discord (real-time chat room) for ENMU distance students. I created it because I was missing student interaction and the students I have connected with have definitely saved me many times! I will send you a link to the group if you are interested. 

Dr. Hall was a great professor. Aural Rehab is one of the easier classes and can be taken over 8 weeks without too much stress. I have not taken Research and EBP w/Bennet but people in the group have and they would be able to give you more insight that I can. 

Edited by KEIM

Hi! I'm taking speech and hearing science from ENMU in the spring. I haven't gotten any emails either. However, I just logged onto blackboard and my class and syllabus was uploaded. I would suggest checking there!

I have had a positive experience taking undergraduate classes online at ENMU. The teachers have been really nice and most of them reply quickly. Which is part of the reason I am applying to their graduate program. They definitely want you to succeed. I took Aural Rehab with Hall last semester and got an A. If I'm remembering correctly she posts audio (it might have included video) recordings of her lectures, but I got an A from reading the book and the slides. You should be fine. I haven't taken EBP yet.

I just completed this program and it was a great experience compared to other programs out there! Aural Rehab was one of my favorites! Dr. Hall is great and her lectures are very informative. I did not read the textbook much because I got a lot of info from her lectures & videos honestly but skimming through the textbook won't hurt either. I took this as an 8 week class because it was not one my difficult classes. My advice is to purchase a planner (if you don't have one already) and write out all of your assignments & due dates and that's the easiest way that I was able to stay on track while working full-time.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, speechie264 said:

@cnice98 @MadisonMachelle  If you don't mind me asking how much was it for the online course through ENMU?

I want to say it was around $1600 which was a little under $300/unit fo two classes which is actually really cheap in comparison to other online schools that do it by cost of credit rather than semester tuition 

Edited by MadisonMachelle

3 minutes ago, MadisonMachelle said:

I want to say it was around $1600 which was a little under $300/unit fo two classes which is actually really cheap in comparison to other online schools that do it by cost of credit rather than semester tuition 

Thank you! I plan on taking Arual Rehab soon.

4 hours ago, speechie264 said:

Thank you! I plan on taking Arual Rehab soon.

Definitely take it with Hall and I'd recommend doing the 8 wk plan since it's not THAT much work and since there's 2+ assignments each week you're always on top of it. My other class is a 16 wk option and its soooo slow that sometimes I almost forget to do assignments. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/10/2020 at 2:26 PM, KEIM said:

Yes, I completed my second bachelors at ENMU. Overall, I had a good experience. I urge you to join the discord (real-time chat room) for ENMU distance students. I created it because I was missing student interaction and the students I have connected with have definitely saved me many times! I will send you a link to the group if you are interested. 

Dr. Hall was a great professor. Aural Rehab is one of the easier classes and can be taken over 8 weeks without too much stress. I have not taken Research and EBP w/Bennet but people in the group have and they would be able to give you more insight that I can. 

Hi! I'm starting the second bachelors for CDIS at ENMU this summer and would love to connect with others who are also there. Would you be able to link me to the group please? Thanks!!