Fall 2020 Data Science/Analytics Master Applicant Thread

1 hour ago, carolbells said:

Also, does anyone have an idea when more decisions for Columbia MS DS will come out?  Still waiting for mine...

Same here. I emailed them today, and they said they are sending out additional decisions (including waitlists) over the next couple of weeks...

I read that applicants who were waitlisted had interviews first. But I never received any interview invites nor a rejection email, which doesn't make sense to me..  I'm pretty much assuming a rejection at this point ?

2 hours ago, tangc2 said:

Same here. I emailed them today, and they said they are sending out additional decisions (including waitlists) over the next couple of weeks...

I read that applicants who were waitlisted had interviews first. But I never received any interview invites nor a rejection email, which doesn't make sense to me..  I'm pretty much assuming a rejection at this point ?

I interviewed with them in early March and still haven't received any response yet. Not sure what to make of it.

Adding onto the posts re: columbia, I emailed them a week ago and they said they are still in the middle of the review process and can't guarantee a response before the 15th. Columbia's the only place I might consider over my current top choice but the possibility of columbia is definitely not worth giving up my spot. I interviewed at the end of February btw.

Hi, 

I received an email from Columbia stating that I am on the waitlist. Any idea of what are the chances of getting the admit? 

I am also waiting for NYU results. Did anyone receive any update from NYU? 

5 hours ago, S_DS said:

Hi, 

I received an email from Columbia stating that I am on the waitlist. Any idea of what are the chances of getting the admit? 

I am also waiting for NYU results. Did anyone receive any update from NYU? 

Hi! I'm still waiting on both Columbia and NYU. Nyu said they'll decide on class size end of this week & will try to get results out soon after that. If you don't mind me asking, when did you have your interview for Columbia? 

8 hours ago, hexikkk said:

Anyone heard from UPenn ds yet? I applied regular and am still waiting for a response...like all of the people I know that applied to the program?

I applied in mid-Feb and heard back a month later. According to the result page, they are doing rolling admission and usually take 4-6 weeks to notify the applicants. No interview required though.

I'm guessing that anyone who hasn't heard back from Columbia by now and did not get a waitlist notification is rejected. Wonder why they haven't sent the rejections out yet.

Edited by carolbells

1 hour ago, carolbells said:

I'm guessing that anyone who hasn't heard back from Columbia by now and did not get a waitlist notification is rejected. Wonder why they haven't sent the rejections out yet.

that's my guess too ? really frustrates me...

Hi guys - admitted to Northwestern's MS in AI, NYU's MSDS, and waitlisted for Columbia's MSDS.

I don't count chickens till they hatch, so I'm debating Northwestern and NYU.

What are your thoughts on them? They seem very different programs - 5 quarters vs 2 years, 40 students vs 150 students. What would you value in each of these?

Additionally - I don't pay much attention to brand names of colleges but if one of you knows which one is better regarded I'm curious.

Any of you admitted people thinking of deferring a year? I'm considering it, but not sure whether I want to delay my life for a whole year. I just want to get over with school already.

@hcms1 I'm completely with you. I shudder at the thought of delaying my postgraduate plans - I'd rather start on time with virtual classes rather than delay my life by even half a year. NYU hasn't said otherwise yet, so I'm just hoping they're sticking to Fall 2020.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/23/2020 at 11:06 PM, maknae33 said:

Hi everyone,

Does anyone get accepted to Cornell Tech ORIE this fall? I would like to ask how long the decision out after the scheduled interview?

Thanks!

less than a week!

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/9/2020 at 11:33 AM, carolbells said:

Saw there wasn't a thread for DS masters applicants this year yet. Feel free to share any information!

My info:

Applied:

• Stanford MS in Computer Science (planning to specialize in info management and analytics)
  • USC MS in Computer Science (Data Science emphasis)
  • University of Pennsylvania MS in Data Science
  • Harvard MS in Data Science
  • NYU MS in Data Science
  • Columbia MS in Data Science

Interviewing:

• University of San Francisco  MS in Data Science (Has anyone gone though the interview and is willing to share their experience?)

Accepted: 

• USC MS in Applied Data Science (I heard back on Dec 15, which is surprisingly early)

hi, do you mind to share your GRE AND GPA AND other backgrounds?

On 2/23/2020 at 7:21 PM, swcb said:

Hi All, 

Accepted

Harvard Masters in Data Science

Stanford MS Statistics: Data Science

U Penn Masters in Data Science

Northwestern Masters in Analytics

Interviewing

MIT MBAn

Pending

CMU Masters in Computational Data Science

I am currently deciding between Harvard and Stanford's Masters in Data Science - if anyone has any opinions or information about either program, I am interested to know your thoughts! 

Thanks!!

hi, do you mind to share your GRE AND GPA AND other backgrounds?