Calling all French PHD 2020 Applicants ...

MonsieurHonoré

Not a student of French, but applying for another language pair in Harvard's joint track RLL. I doubt that all decisions for French, Italian, Spanish, and Portuguese would all be released at the same time, but I thought I'd try asking here anyway: Has anyone applying to Harvard French heard back since their interview? Radio silence over here. The Harvard RLL site states that decisions are typically released during the third week of February. 

13 minutes ago, caeiro said:

Not a student of French, but applying for another language pair in Harvard's joint track RLL. I doubt that all decisions for French, Italian, Spanish, and Portuguese would all be released at the same time, but I thought I'd try asking here anyway: Has anyone applying to Harvard French heard back since their interview? Radio silence over here. The Harvard RLL site states that decisions are typically released during the third week of February. 

Hi, it is funny because I've been lurking on the Spanish 2020 topic too, hoping I would get more information regarding Harvard... I am in the same situation: I interviewed with them at the beginning of the month (for French) and still haven't heard back... Hopefully tomorrow?

1 hour ago, Frenchapplicant said:

I remember that during the interview I was told that decisions would be released until March. For those of you who had a Harvard interview, is Harvard your top choice? It is my top choice ? . I only ask because if I am waitlisted I’d like to know if there is hope. Thank you!

Hey, I sent you a private message. Harvard is also my top choice, so I can definitely relate...

8 minutes ago, Tyger said:

Is there anyone still who hasn't got any info at all about their application to NYU?

I interviewed a week and a half ago but haven’t heard anything since then (edit: not sure if you mean no news since interviews or just no news. hope this info is in some way helpful !)

Edited by krysinska

10 minutes ago, krysinska said:

I interviewed a week and a half ago but haven’t heard anything since then (edit: not sure if you mean no news since interviews or just no news. hope this info is in some way helpful !)

The visiting days are going to be the 1st and 2nd of March, I find it weird to give such a short notice to potential goers...

3 hours ago, Teddy Kellogg said:

@Volodine1 Hi, I am just writing to let you know that me and another candidate for Rutgers declined their offer.

Same goes for UVA in case anyone on this forum is vying for this university. 

Hard decisions to make because both universities seemed wonderful. 

Best of luck ! 

Thank you teddy kellog. Hope you enjoy it wherever it is you wind up going! 

1 hour ago, Tyger said:

Is there anyone still who hasn't got any info at all about their application to NYU?

Do you mean just french or IFS and french? I applied to IFS and french and have heard nothing so far. 

22 hours ago, Volodine1 said:

Do you mean just french or IFS and french? I applied to IFS and french and have heard nothing so far. 

You weren't even interviewed? They really are something...

17 hours ago, Tyger said:

You weren't even interviewed? They really are something...

I only heard from POI at IFS to say it would be a couple weeks before they made decisions. What about you, did you apply to IFS? Or to the French department? Has anyone been accepted or interviewed who applied to IFS/french as opposed to IFS/history or anthropology? Thanks!

On 2/21/2020 at 12:30 AM, krysinska said:

@Robert_Kerans @caeiro Same! My interview for Harvard RLL (French track) was two weeks ago. Haven't heard anything yet, although I never thought to ask about the decisions timeline during the interview.

just checking in to confirm that no one has heard anything from Harvard RLL as of now. If grad café results are anything to go off, in the past, the department has seemed to stagger acceptance and rejection notifications. I was unclear if all decisions would be released in early March, or all remaining decisions (i.e., rejections/waitlist). Does anyone have a sense of how many students the program takes each year?