MGH IHP 2020

3 hours ago, nas7 said:

I heard back from Northeastern today, as well as Emerson last week. Looking at past results it looks like BU was the last to notify people out of the Boston schools! Hope this helps and good luck :)

Thanks so much for the info! Good luck to you!

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/26/2020 at 10:53 PM, oldsolnewworld said:

For any current grad students-- I love the Boston programs, but they all seem so expensive. How do you afford MGH? Is there any financial assistance?

Something like a third to a half of our cohort has some sort of grad assistantship, which is super helpful financially, although that's something that you apply for separately after admission. There are scholarships, but I won't lie tuition is high and so is the cost of living around here. A bunch of people also have other jobs (international teaching, working in restaurants, etc.) part time. Also, some people live farther out in the suburbs and/or have a bunch of roommates to help cover expenses. Good luck!

1 hour ago, slphopefulmeg said:

Hi!! Has anyone heard anything from MGH or know when we might expect to hear? It doesn't look like they've notified anyone but I'm just getting antsy and was curious if anyone has heard anything.

I haven't heard anything!

16 hours ago, slphopefulmeg said:

Okay glad to hear it isn't just me!! I'm hoping we hear back this week, I see you're also waiting on northeastern and TC so fingers crossed stuff keeps getting released soon.

I heard from MGH via call on March 6th last year and then received an acceptance letter via email the next day. For TC, I received an acceptance letter via email on March 11th. Good luck!

I just got the email of acceptance as well!!! I am BEYOND excited!!  I know they usually tell you about scholarships when they notify you of acceptance, but mine didn't include any info.. fingers still crossed though haha!! congrats to everyone yayyyy!!

3 minutes ago, Anna Wang said:

Hey guys! I just got the acceptance email as well! Does anyone know how they will notify you about financial aid or scholarships?

In my acceptance email, it said I received a scholarship but to expect an email from financial aid with details in the next couple of business days. I'd assume they'll send everyone's financial info out separately regardless?

10 hours ago, slphopefulmeg said:

Me too!!!! I'm so thrilled! Do you know if they usually have an open house? I've never even visited the school but I am likely going to attend depending on how scholarships/financial info shakes out 

Yup! There will be an accepted student open house I believe at the end of this month. Keep a look out in your emails! If anyone here attends, perhaps I’ll see you there. :P

18 hours ago, BioCook said:

Yup! There will be an accepted student open house I believe at the end of this month. Keep a look out in your emails! If anyone here attends, perhaps I’ll see you there. :P

Got the info today! I am planning on coming up assuming my work schedule allows, this is definitely one of my top programs 

38 minutes ago, slphopefulmeg said:

Got the info today! I am planning on coming up assuming my work schedule allows, this is definitely one of my top programs 

Same I am most likely going to the open house. Did you hear back from TC yet?

2 minutes ago, littlet4lks said:

Same I am most likely going to the open house. Did you hear back from TC yet?

I did! Heard back last night. It seems like they're slowly sending stuff out a little bit at a time. Going into this, TC was my definite top choice but now I think I'm mostly leaning towards MGH and BU anyway