Ford Foundation Fellowship

wyopal

To update on this thread — it seems like members of the fellowship review panel are meeting up for final decisions for the next couple of days: https://sites.nationalacademies.org/PGA/FordFellowships/PGA_086216

Edited by Mister Belvedere

11 minutes ago, Physicsisphysics said:

Yeah! I wish there was more talk about fellowships other than the GRFP, but of course, the Ford is targeted towards an entirely different audience.

By the way, does anybody know what the acceptance rate is for the Ford? I'm sure it's selective, but I have no clue and couldn't find anything online!

I sent my materials to my region's Ford liaison for review and she told me it's about 5%.

59 minutes ago, neuropsychnerd said:

Anyone know the stats on how many people in the psychology field get the Ford Fellowship? I applied but felt like there were no resources on how to have a competitive application so it felt like a shot in the dark. 

There's not many stats on the Ford in general. But there's a press release of all the winners from last year (http://nrc58.nas.edu/FordFellows20/ExtRpts/PressReleaseRoster.aspx?RptMode=AW&CompYr=2019&Layout=wwwLibs%2fUtil_Web%2fPageLayouts%2fApplPrintLayout) which you can browse.

Not to fan the flames of obsessive email refreshing, but...

Last year it appears decisions were sent out on March 15th (the third Friday in March), so it's possible that decisions could go out this week (closer to the 15th) or next week (the third Friday of the month). It does seem that many of these grant decision emails go out on Fridays. 

In the meantime, I was just poking around on the Ford Foundation website, and it seems that there's a new link ("Review Result") which wasn't there the last time I checked. When you click on it, it says "Review results will be available one to two weeks after the review"–as a post above pointed out, the scheduled review of applications seems to have happened last Thursday/Friday, so decisions being communicated this week or next would make sense in light of this as well.  

Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 2.16.04 PM.png

This is my second time applying for the pre-doctoral fellowship. 

My school suspended face-to-face classes and all classes are moving online now. It has not been an easy transition, especially when you are waiting for the results of this fellowship too. 

Edited by Asmaa Elsayed

30 minutes ago, Physicsisphysics said:

Hoping it's today and not next Friday...any guess what time, since it's past 8:30 AM CT?

I  think it will be next friday or sometime next week because I  looked at my past email for the time of day I  received my rejection letter last time and it was 9am pacific.... ?