Ford Foundation Fellowship

wyopal

@Iced decaf americano oh my goodness! This made me super jumpy, I went to my account and still got the message that results will be posted in a week or two... As of now, I am assuming no news is good news! Let's keep the hope up yall!

Edited by emotional

39 minutes ago, emotional said:

@Iced decaf americano oh my goodness! This made me super jumpy, I went to my account and still got the message that results will be posted in a week or two... As of now, I am assuming no news is good news! Let's keep the hope up yall!

I find that hard to believe, but here hoping they will release in the next few minutes ? is almost 5pm on the east coast.

2 minutes ago, Ursulo said:

I find that hard to believe, but here hoping they will release in the next few minutes ? is almost 5pm on the east coast.

that's not what I meant. I'm just saying that the fact it wasn't a rejection still means that I am still in the running, so I am keeping my hopes and positivity up! I am not fixated on trying to find out today.

Just now, emotional said:

that's not what I meant. I'm just saying that the fact it wasn't a rejection still means that I am still in the running, so I am keeping my hopes and positivity up! I am not fixated on trying to find out today.

I believe you, I Just don't believe the honorable mention results posted already before the press release :P....

1 hour ago, Iced decaf americano said:

Someone on academic wiki said they didn't get an email but logged on to their review results page and got a rejection /honorable mention on 3/13.

I did not see it in this year's post though...

Just logged in to my Ford account, and it still says the results will be out in a week or two.

Just now, Physicsisphysics said:

The fellowship listed on Academic Wiki is for the Ford Dissertation Fellowship, but I assume a lot of people in here are talking about the Ford Predoctoral Fellowship. That could be the source of confusion. But no news from my end either.

Got it. Thanks for the clarification! 

Just to follow up on an earlier post of mine where I suggested decision emails were likely to be sent out on a Friday...

While that may be true for other fellowships, it's definitely not the case for Ford. To keep my mind occupied amidst all the other stuff going on, I went through the past several years of the "Dissertation Fellowships" wiki—this year's is here: https://academicjobs.wikia.org/wiki/Dissertation_Fellowships_2020-2021.

Here's the breakdown of when awards were announced in previous years. These are for the dissertation fellowship, but I think (?) all emails are sent on the same day:

• 3/15/2019 (Friday)
  • 3/28/2018 (Wednesday)
  • 3/22/2017 (Wednesday)
  • 3/29/2016 (Tuesday)
  • 3/27/2015 (Friday)

It'll be any day now, and that's exciting—just trying to remind myself that whether it's one day or the next matters little in the grand scheme of things. 

Best wishes to everyone!

I do feel a bit under the weather, guys : ( 

I am usually "let it be" kinda gal but all my conferences (6) were cancelled and it was my first year as a doctoral student to start presenting my research, I am was very proud and excited: / Then all classes moved online, I haven't seen my friends in a while, I really miss them. I don't have a family around to call. But I feel very grateful I have a home and health insurance in these times. Please, send good vibes and prayers you like. 

I really hope they can relieve our stress and just let us know. It has been a lot already. 

PS: Sorry I am a bit down 

Edited by Asmaa Elsayed

1 hour ago, Iced decaf americano said:

@Asmaa Elsayed I read on a few academic blogs that you could put those Cancelled conferences on your CV with an asterisk. At the bottom you can say, "*accepted and prepared but Cancelled due to Coronvirus precautions." Hang in there.

mmm I might do that for the travel awards.

2 hours ago, Asmaa Elsayed said:

I do feel a bit under the weather, guys : ( 

I am usually "let it be" kinda gal but all my conferences (6) were cancelled and it was my first year as a doctoral student to start presenting my research, I am was very proud and excited: / Then all classes moved online, I haven't seen my friends in a while, I really miss them. I don't have a family around to call. But I feel very grateful I have a home and health insurance in these times. Please, send good vibes and prayers you like. 

I really hope they can relieve our stress and just let us know. It has been a lot already. 

PS: Sorry I am a bit down 

All mine where cancelled Too, one in Barcelona I was very much looking forwards too, but now you have another year to make your research even more awesome for the next few conferences when all is back to normal.

9 hours ago, raymondnorth said:

Just to follow up on an earlier post of mine where I suggested decision emails were likely to be sent out on a Friday...

While that may be true for other fellowships, it's definitely not the case for Ford. To keep my mind occupied amidst all the other stuff going on, I went through the past several years of the "Dissertation Fellowships" wiki—this year's is here: https://academicjobs.wikia.org/wiki/Dissertation_Fellowships_2020-2021.

Here's the breakdown of when awards were announced in previous years. These are for the dissertation fellowship, but I think (?) all emails are sent on the same day:

• 3/15/2019 (Friday)
  • 3/28/2018 (Wednesday)
  • 3/22/2017 (Wednesday)
  • 3/29/2016 (Tuesday)
  • 3/27/2015 (Friday)

It'll be any day now, and that's exciting—just trying to remind myself that whether it's one day or the next matters little in the grand scheme of things. 

Best wishes to everyone!

Lest hope this year is Monday.

3 hours ago, Ursulo said:

All mine where cancelled Too, one in Barcelona I was very much looking forwards too, but now you have another year to make your research even more awesome for the next few conferences when all is back to normal.

I am sorry about your conferences being canceled too. So many changes too fast.