Ford Foundation Fellowship

wyopal

Hello everyone, 

I reached out to the Ford Fellowship Office via email yesterday. I inquired about possible delays in receiving fellowship decision letters/emails. Their response was decisions letter/emails are expected to be sent out between mid and late March. Here's a screen shoot of their response. 

Best wishes for all applicants! 

Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 12.39.32 PM.png

1 hour ago, George Scott said:

Hello everyone, 

I reached out to the Ford Fellowship Office via email yesterday. I inquired about possible delays in receiving fellowship decision letters/emails. Their response was decisions letter/emails are expected to be sent out between mid and late March. Here's a screen shoot of their response. 

Best wishes for all applicants! 

Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 12.39.32 PM.png

Thank you for reaching out!

It is mid March now sooooo... I wish that in future years they would give a specific date or range of dates (not mid-late but rather 15th-20th or something like that) to reduce stress for us. I've been trying to keep this in the back of my mind with all the COVID-19 stuff going on but that's getting harder by the day...

17 minutes ago, wyopal said:

It is mid March now sooooo... I wish that in future years they would give a specific date or range of dates (not mid-late but rather 15th-20th or something like that) to reduce stress for us. I've been trying to keep this in the back of my mind with all the COVID-19 stuff going on but that's getting harder by the day...

I agree and I just emailed them with this suggestion. I hope they take it into consideration. 

28 minutes ago, Iced decaf americano said:

yes:

The Ford Foundation Senior Fellowship award is open to individuals who have previously held a Ford Foundation Predoctoral, Dissertation, or Postdoctoral Fellowship and currently hold a faculty appointment at an accredited U.S. academic institution. Applicants must have held the Ph.D./Sc.D. for at least seven years at the time of application.
 https://sites.nationalacademies.org/PGA/FordFellowships/PGA_171447

Edited by rosiebop

3 hours ago, rosiebop said:

yes:

The Ford Foundation Senior Fellowship award is open to individuals who have previously held a Ford Foundation Predoctoral, Dissertation, or Postdoctoral Fellowship and currently hold a faculty appointment at an accredited U.S. academic institution. Applicants must have held the Ph.D./Sc.D. for at least seven years at the time of application.
 https://sites.nationalacademies.org/PGA/FordFellowships/PGA_171447

Sorry, I mean, do senior fellows judge *our* fellowship apps? So are senior fellows the reviewers for the dissertation and predoc cohorts? I've been confused on who judges, although I know it's from an array fields...

1 hour ago, Iced decaf americano said:

Sorry, I mean, do senior fellows judge *our* fellowship apps? So are senior fellows the reviewers for the dissertation and predoc cohorts? I've been confused on who judges, although I know it's from an array fields...

Whoops sorry! I  replied to your comment while I  was on a zoom call?‍♀️ I  am not sure.

5 hours ago, Iced decaf americano said:

Not necessarily. I know 4 faculty who are/have been judges and only one has been a Ford fellow before.

23 minutes ago, vall718 said:

Results are in. 

Unfortunately I did not receive it. One reviewer loved me while the other was very harsh. In addition to a candidate, it's a little bit of luck and a numbers game in the end as well.

Best of luck to all!

Did you get an email about it or just randomly check? I'm sorry to hear you didn't get it.

Edited by Iced decaf americano

41 minutes ago, vall718 said:

Results are in. 

Unfortunately I did not receive it. One reviewer loved me while the other was very harsh. In addition to a candidate, it's a little bit of luck and a numbers game in the end as well.

Best of luck to all!

I am sorry to hear that you did not get it. :( Did you find the comments constructive?

My results are not in yet, hopefully I can find them out soon just to end the wait.

Edited by Large Chai

Reviewer #1 (liked me): The research proposal was great and it reflected the research aims.

Reviewer #2 (did not like me): No comment provided.

I think that's the most frustrating part. How will I know what to improve on (which according to reviewer #2 it was a lot of things since he/she scored me poorly) if I don't get feedback?

4 minutes ago, vall718 said:

Reviewer #1 (liked me): The research proposal was great and it reflected the research aims.

Reviewer #2 (did not like me): No comment provided.

I think that's the most frustrating part. How will I know what to improve on (which according to reviewer #2 it was a lot of things since he/she scored me poorly) if I don't get feedback?

I totally agree! That sounds frustrating. That made their decision look somehow arbitrary. :(

Are you applying again next year?