Keough School Global Affairs 2020

NikkiG

Oh thank god, it’s not just me. I’m obsessively checking my email and still nothing. I’ve done some digging and if the trend continues as it did in 2018 and 2019 we should expect to hear back this week. But based on previous posts here it also looks like some people waited until the third week of March. So hoping that I hear back sooner rather than later, the tension is killing me. I heard back last week from a school with the same application date. 

23 hours ago, ohtheradishspirit said:

Oh thank god, it’s not just me. I’m obsessively checking my email and still nothing. I’ve done some digging and if the trend continues as it did in 2018 and 2019 we should expect to hear back this week. But based on previous posts here it also looks like some people waited until the third week of March. So hoping that I hear back sooner rather than later, the tension is killing me. I heard back last week from a school with the same application date. 

Whew, glad to know I'm not the only one. Fingers crossed its good news for the both of us! 

On 3/4/2020 at 4:28 AM, peonyinluv said:

I got my email about an hour ago, and I’m in!! It says I’ll get financial aid info later this week, so I’m still stuck refreshing my email constantly for a few more days! 

Yay congratulations! What concentration are you in? 

I applied to the Global Affairs+ Specialization Concentration and I have yet to hear anything. Today I emailed the Admissions Coordinator and she told me this: "We are in the final states of decisions. We expect to communicate decisions in the next two or three weeks." I assume they are releasing decisions in rolling manner if people are getting accepted? Or maybe Global Affairs+Specialization concentration decisions are coming later, but Sustainable Development and Peace Studies concentration are available now? 

I was just rejected from Yale's MGA degree, so I am hoping that ND's MGA could work out.  Hope the Keough School lets us know decisions before too long... 

Edited by Twesiime

Thanks! I applied Global Affairs + specialization. My email does say that an official letter of acceptance will follow, as this one doesn’t provide information about financial aid. So I would imagine they’re notifying on kind of a rolling basis, and they’ll send out the official ones after they finish. 

I also got that super fun rejection from Yale’s Global Affairs program. But don’t give up hope, that’s not an indication of whether you’ll get accepted to ND’s MGA!

10 hours ago, Twesiime said:

I applied to the Global Affairs+ Specialization Concentration and I have yet to hear anything. Today I emailed the Admissions Coordinator and she told me this: "We are in the final states of decisions. We expect to communicate decisions in the next two or three weeks." I assume they are releasing decisions in rolling manner if people are getting accepted? Or maybe Global Affairs+Specialization concentration decisions are coming later, but Sustainable Development and Peace Studies concentration are available now? 

I was just rejected from Yale's MGA degree, so I am hoping that ND's MGA could work out.  Hope the Keough School lets us know decisions before too long... 

It looks like we are in the same boat! I also got rejected from Yale's MGA degree so I'm really hoping for the Keough School. I have some other backups but the Keough School just seems like the best fit. 

I also applied to the Global Affairs + Specialization concentration and have yet to hear back. 2-3 weeks seems like a long time considering we applied in December but I guess all we can do is wait. Good luck! 

Hello all!  It gives a little relief to know  I'm not alone.  I applied to the Global Affairs program, International Peace Studies concentration  for Fall 2020. I contacted  Miss Jody through  email yesterday, she replied saying they expect to communicate  decisions in the next three weeks. Keeping hope alive!! Anyone heard anything yet??

On 3/5/2020 at 12:31 PM, Twesiime said:

Same here, specialization concentration so maybe those come out later? Sorry to hear your first program didn’t work out but fingers crossed you get into ND! 

If peonyinluv applied to GA+Specialization and was just accepted via email last week, and we know that they generally review by specialization, then I am feeling much more nervous about my chances....  Let me hope that I get a similar email on Monday or Tuesday this week.

Per the results forum, the very few entries for Notre Dame Global Affair seem to show that acceptances were early March (6th) and then rejections and waitlists were mid-March (15th and 18th). Let us see if the same pattern holds. Peonyinluv's acceptance seem to fit with this.

For all of us contributing to this thread, I would request that please submit your results and/or share your stats here after final decisions are made, so that future applicants can have a better idea of what sort of applicant profiles  are getting acceptances & funding and when. There is a lack of information about the MGA program here on gradcafe because it is a rather new program and seems to not be as sought after as the Ivies, Public Ivies, etc.

Best wishes to all of you!

Just to let all readers of this thread know - there is a new Acceptance for the ND MGA noted in the submitted results as of March 9th/10th. The accepted candidate wrote this:

"Offered the Paul D. Coverdell Fellowship, full-tuition and living stipend for two years! I was surprised that I even got into Notre Dame let alone got the scholarship so I'm probably going to end up accepting. 3.29 undergraduate GPA, okay GRE scores (152 Quant, 160 Verbal, 4.5 Writing), internship experience, 2 years of Peace Corps in the Philippines. 7a/0r/0w/0"

This person did not share their concentration, but this shows that people are still be accepted as of yesterday/today.  Also, this shows the basic profile of a fully funded, accepted candidate. I assume that this candidate's Peace Corps experience was a strong factor in their acceptance to the program, and likely the key factor in their funding as the Paul D. Coverdell Fellowship is noted as a fellowship for returned Peace Corp people.

I am still waiting to hear anything... Continued best wishes to all of you!

My acceptance email from them says “In the coming days, you will receive an official letter of acceptance from the University of Notre Dame Graduate School with detailed information about the cost of tuition, the cost of living, and your financial aid package. Contingent on  remaining in good standing in the program, this financial aid package will continue through your second year.”

It’s been almost two weeks and I still don’t have that official letter, and my admission status on the portal hasn’t been updated.

I’m guessing the delay is probably due to Coronavirus? 

Edited by peonyinluv

Nothing here as well.

When I emailed the Admissions Counselor on March 5th, she mentioned that we should hear something in the next "two or three weeks" - three weeks after March 5th is March 26th, so if we have heard nothing by that point I will email her again to inquire about where they are in the process.  

I would also guess that the coronavirus pandemic is also a, possibly major, factor for the delay.  But let us see what happens in the next few days/this week.

Hey All!  I am also following this thread.  I applied for the MGA with the International Peace Studies concentration for 2020.  I have yet to hear anything.  It makes me feel better to know that I am not alone.  I reached out to Jody via email this past Friday and she told me that they will be informing applicants of acceptances, rejections, and the wait list in the next few days...However, that was early Friday morning, and so much has changed with Coronavirus guidance, even in the last couple of days.  Please...if anyone hears anything--Let us know :-)  I have been creepin' in this thread for over a week and decided to actually open up an account so that I could join in.  Fingers crossed and prayers being said, everyone!

1 hour ago, KOTO said:

Hey All!  I am also following this thread.  I applied for the MGA with the International Peace Studies concentration for 2020.  I have yet to hear anything.  It makes me feel better to know that I am not alone.  I reached out to Jody via email this past Friday and she told me that they will be informing applicants of acceptances, rejections, and the wait list in the next few days...However, that was early Friday morning, and so much has changed with Coronavirus guidance, even in the last couple of days.  Please...if anyone hears anything--Let us know :-)  I have been creepin' in this thread for over a week and decided to actually open up an account so that I could join in.  Fingers crossed and prayers being said, everyone!

Thank you for the feedbk.  I applied for MGA in Sustainable Dev. Waiting in anxiety for the application results. 

Received my offer today, they’re providing $37,450 per year (letter said yearly tuition and fees are $57,522). 

My stats:

• Undergrad at a big state school, majors were Anthropology, History, Ethnic Studies 

• Cumulative GPA 3.93

• GRE 166 V 161 Q 4.5 AWA

• Returned Peace Corps Volunteer (East Africa) 

• Additional year working abroad at a nonprofit in the same country as my Peace Corps service 

Hope you all hear back soon, good luck to everyone!