NSERC C/PGSD 2020-2021

TheCivLad

18 minutes ago, Crawn said:

My browser crashed and now the site is giving me an error saying I am already signed in. GAH! 

Cracking into the beer to wash away my sorrows.

I am having the same problem. I have tried everything to fix it.  If you find a way to fix this, can you please post how you fixed it!!

Just now, thatblondegirl said:

I am having the same problem. I have tried everything to fix it.  If you find a way to fix this, can you please post how you fixed it!!

Try emptying cookies and restarting computer. I've had issues like this in the past on other websites and usually deleting the cookies does the trick.

4 minutes ago, thatblondegirl said:

I emailed them about the problem and within 10 mins got a reply that told me to go through the 'forgot password' option. It worked and I can now obsess over my empty folder with everyone else.

Just now, FelixTheCat8888 said:

Ok so they answer emails at this hour? Interesting

It looked automated rather than an actual reply. 

Here's the verbatim email:

Dear Crawn:

This e mail contains information regarding your access to the NSERC Extranet site for applicants. As a previous user of an NSERC extranet, please use your existing account information to login.

Your Username is: crawn@obsessedwiththefolder.com

If you have forgotten your password, select Forgot my Password on the login page.

To access the extranet site, go to https://influence.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/100006/1000/L013/P001.aspx.

Technical support

Contact the On-line Services Helpdesk at 613-995-4273 or by e mail at webapp@nserc-crsng.gc.ca. Indicate your e mail address and telephone number. Hours of service are from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (EST), Monday to Friday.

Regards,

Z-Schol
Research Grants and Scholarships | Subventions de recherche et bourses
Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada | Conseil de recherches en sciences naturelles et en génie du Canada

2 minutes ago, Crawn said:

It looked automated rather than an actual reply. 

Here's the verbatim email:

Dear Crawn:

This e mail contains information regarding your access to the NSERC Extranet site for applicants. As a previous user of an NSERC extranet, please use your existing account information to login.

Your Username is: crawn@obsessedwiththefolder.com

If you have forgotten your password, select Forgot my Password on the login page.

To access the extranet site, go to https://influence.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/100006/1000/L013/P001.aspx.

Technical support

Contact the On-line Services Helpdesk at 613-995-4273 or by e mail at webapp@nserc-crsng.gc.ca. Indicate your e mail address and telephone number. Hours of service are from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (EST), Monday to Friday.

Regards,

Z-Schol
Research Grants and Scholarships | Subventions de recherche et bourses
Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada | Conseil de recherches en sciences naturelles et en génie du Canada

lol how do you get an obsessedwiththefolder.com email? asking for a friend haha :P 

Edited by aarhar

Actually, I think what was happening is that their system was creating a folder for me.  I was technically logged in on their side.  Now I have the empty folder, whereas before I did not.  It shows that the folder was created at 9:30 pm ET AND they sent me a new email with my username (no changes, just a copy of the same email).

Edited by thatblondegirl

2 minutes ago, thatblondegirl said:

Actually, I think what was happening is that their system was creating a folder for me.  I was technically logged in on their side.  Now I have the empty folder, whereas before I did not.  It shows that the folder was created at 9:30 pm ET

That also could be it. Maybe it just coinsided with my browser crashing. Are you also an 'S'? If so we are deeply in this together.

Edited by Crawn
typo

7 minutes ago, aarhar said:

lol how do you get an obsessedwiththefolder.com email? asking for a friend haha :P 

I'm sure we all qualify at this point. Congrats on your 'behind the scene' good news btw!

4 minutes ago, Crawn said:

I'm sure we all qualify at this point. Congrats on your 'behind the scene' good news btw!

Hey thanks! and thank you to everyone who voiced congratulations. I am sorry I don't mean to seem too braggy earlier I just wanted to let people know that the truth is out there somewhere! Hoping you all have shiny CGS-D's to tell me about tomorrow haha!

Just now, aarhar said:

Hey thanks! and thank you to everyone who voiced congratulations. I am sorry I don't mean to seem too braggy earlier I just wanted to let people know that the truth is out there somewhere! Hoping you all have shiny CGS-D's to tell me about tomorrow haha!

You didn't brag at all!  Tomorrow, there will be a bunch of us sharing our news.  Good luck everyone.  I think I will try to stay away from this site for the evening.  2 hours until 12:00 am E.T.!!