NSERC C/PGSD 2020-2021

TheCivLad

1 minute ago, thatblondegirl said:

You might be able to use the "i forgot my password" option.  I would wait more before taking that step.

Ugh I feel stupid thanks for the quick reply, it was in my spam folder on my computer/not my phone. Anyone else feel a little hungover from anxiety? 

11 minutes ago, BobaCat said:

haha I was just going to make a similar comment... it seems to take them a day to generate username/password in alphabetical order + populate with empty folder and probably another day to populate the letters in each corresponding folder.

why not just take one day, and alphabetically send out the letter directly via secure email or sth? 

(they probably have their reasons, just frustrations of last name Y who still hasn't received username/password ...)

I feel you! I’m a W so I can’t imagine the anxiety I’ll have tomorrow as the actually letters roll out alphabetically ?

Just now, agnerd said:

Ugh I feel stupid thanks for the quick reply, it was in my spam folder on my computer/not my phone. Anyone else feel a little hungover from anxiety? 

Drinking the pain away now. The hangover is for tomorrow when I'm dead from rejection anyway ?

Just now, agnerd said:

YES! Thank you! This describes exactly how I'm feeling ... can't stop with the coffee (but thats kinda normal anyways). 

2 minutes ago, overthewater said:

Does anyone know how the decisions work when you've listed 3 potential schools on your application? Would you be offered the award for one school only or multiple?

I know people who got offered at more than one place for CGS M - i'm assuming it's the same for CGS D!

Edited by crabcat

1 minute ago, overthewater said:

Does anyone know how the decisions work when you've listed 3 potential schools on your application? Would you be offered the award for one school only or multiple?

Not sure with PGS but when I started I was offered the CGS M at one institution, waitlisted at another, and not at the third.  

18 minutes ago, overthewater said:

I don't know for sure, but I think YOU are given the award and then get to decide which institution to take it to. 

Just now, StructIntern said:

Does anyone's username email say "As a previous user of an NSERC extranet, please use your existing account information to login..." ??? I may have inadvertently registered on this extranet. ???

mine didn't ? 

1 minute ago, StructIntern said:

Does anyone's username email say "As a previous user of an NSERC extranet, please use your existing account information to login..." ??? I may have inadvertently registered on this extranet. ???

mine didn't but the username was the email I used to apply.  Also there is the option "forgot username" and "forgot password"

Edited by thatblondegirl

22 minutes ago, rejected_ubc said:

Not sure with PGS but when I started I was offered the CGS M at one institution, waitlisted at another, and not at the third.  

So just so I understand, if I received news from school X that I was offered an award, but now I am leaning towards attending school Y. Does that mean I might not be able to accept my award at that school?

Just now, aarhar said:

So just so I understand, if I received news from school X that I was offered an award, but now I am leaning towards attending school Y. Does that mean I might not be able to accept my award at that school?

Once you get the award...the balance of power is shifted ... is your references and proposed PI from school X ??? You should give them a heads up as a courtesy 

7 minutes ago, thatblondegirl said:

mine didn't but the username was the email I used to apply.  Also there is the option "forgot username" and "forgot password"

Maybe they are in the process of putting that letter into your folder....think positive