Delay in responses — good or bad thing?

Hey all! So I interviewed at Northeastern Feb 21st and have yet to hear back from them about their decision. Everyone I know who has interviewed already received responses and I’ve been waiting for about 2 weeks now. Should I email them or call them? I’m thinking there may be a delay due to the coronavirus plaguing the Boston area, but I am dying of anxiety! 

50 minutes ago, aslpwannabe said:

For that matter, has anyone else not heard back from Vanderbilt or University of Wisconsin-Madison too? I know some people have, but I have not.

I would maybe be worried if you haven’t heard back from UW-Madison. They sent out decisions February 7 and had their open house on March 7. Have you checked the application portal?

2 hours ago, aslpwannabe said:

For that matter, has anyone else not heard back from Vanderbilt or University of Wisconsin-Madison too? I know some people have, but I have not.

I heard back from Vanderbilt yesterday. I unfortunately did not get in! It was definitely a reach school so I’m not too bummed. Wishing the best for you! 

4 hours ago, MassSLPwannabe said:

I know some schools send out information in rounds. I did already hear back from Northeastern that I was waitlisted, but it cant hurt to call or email! 

Thank you! If I don’t hear back by the 15th I will be calling them. I need at least a month to make my decision! Lol

1 hour ago, estel said:

I would maybe be worried if you haven’t heard back from UW-Madison. They sent out decisions February 7 and had their open house on March 7. Have you checked the application portal?

Hi thanks for your response! My applicant portal still says my application is under review, and I've been checking it non-stop. I had no idea that they already had their open house and just thought they were sending out responses in waves. I will definitely be emailing them! 

1 hour ago, aslpwannabe said:

Hi thanks for your response! My applicant portal still says my application is under review, and I've been checking it non-stop. I had no idea that they already had their open house and just thought they were sending out responses in waves. I will definitely be emailing them! 

Maybe that just means you’re on the wait list? But I feel like they should have told you that...

Hi Arnyc,

Northeastern sent me an email 4 days ago saying that there was an email delivery issue and some people did not get their decision letters. They said to email the admission coordinator. Hope this helps!

I hope it's a good thing. People who interviewed after me have already received responses accept/rejected from the schools that I've applied to. I have no idea if that's a bad sign. It's driving me a little crazy.

Hi all,

Thanks for your responses. I was put on NEU's waitlist which is why my email took so long I'm guessing! I will be declining my place on the waitlist so hopefully someone who wants it can get it! 

2 hours ago, Gracie_whatevs said:

I got into Northeastern a couple weeks ago, but I"m going to decline. I didn't realize their tuition was so high!! How are you all going to afford it??

Federal loans is my guess

13 hours ago, Gracie_whatevs said:

But why, when there are so many more affordable schools?

For some it's their dream school. I know all the programs I've applied to are pricy but distance programs are what fit my lifestyle. Everyone has their own reasons, I don't judge.