SSHRC CGS-M Masters 2020-2021Updates?

xPenxx

I received the following email today (as I'm sure all applicants did as well):

Funding Opportunity: Canada Graduate Scholarships-Master’s Program

La version française suit.

This is an automated email message. Please do not reply.

The status of your application has changed. As of April 1, consult the Application Overview page in the Research Portal to view the results.

Does anybody know if it is guaranteed we will see results on April 1st? And does receiving a result early mean anything, or does everyone find out at the same time?

Thanks!!

5 hours ago, xPenxx said:

The status of your application has changed. As of April 1, consult the Application Overview page in the Research Portal to view the results.

Does anybody know if it is guaranteed we will see results on April 1st? And does receiving a result early mean anything, or does everyone find out at the same time?

Thanks!!

Here is the link to the SSHRC website and the changes they are making to dates/deadlines. It states that release date for CGS-Master's Program has been moved from April 1 until April 15th. It's near the bottom of the page, under tri-agency programs. Maybe the date change wasn't made on the automated message, but I would check April 1st just in case!

And yes, I'm pretty sure they release all of the results at the same time. 

https://www.sshrc-crsh.gc.ca/news_room-salle_de_presse/covid-19-eng.aspx

Edited by lleto

9 hours ago, lleto said:

Here is the link to the SSHRC website and the changes they are making to dates/deadlines. It states that release date for CGS-Master's Program has been moved from April 1 until April 15th. It's near the bottom of the page, under tri-agency programs. Maybe the date change wasn't made on the automated message, but I would check April 1st just in case!

Yup SSHRC tweeted that they release CGS-M April 15th now, which includes CIHR and NSERC as well. 

On 3/28/2020 at 3:06 PM, xPenxx said:

Thanks!!

I applied for CGS-M as well, but I didn't receive this email. Did anyone else who applied received this email?

On 3/29/2020 at 12:24 AM, lleto said:

Thanks! I got the email from them earlier confirming that the date had moved to April 15th. 

I appreciate the info!

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, logical_emotion said:

Is there a way of determining what number we are on the alternate list? I'm listed an an alternate at the University of Ottawa.

I don't think most schools tell you where you're at on the wait-list.  I would love to know!  Thankfully I applied for OGS too, so I am hoping that if I am alternate for SSHRC which is more competitive than OGS, I will get OGS for sure!

24 minutes ago, logical_emotion said:

Is there a way of determining what number we are on the alternate list? I'm listed an an alternate at the University of Ottawa.

Yup! You can email the CGS-M coordinator of the school (e..g, UOttawa) you were listed as an Alternate. 

Does anyone know when OGS results are released? I asked my future supervisor when I interviewed and he said he thought it was in June but he wasn't sure. Does it depend on the school? 

On 4/16/2020 at 12:23 AM, sparrow123 said:

Does anyone know when OGS results are released? I asked my future supervisor when I interviewed and he said he thought it was in June but he wasn't sure. Does it depend on the school? 

I am pretty sure OGS should be any day now at most schools!

13 hours ago, springxsummer said:

Can anyone (in Canada) who received SHHRC CGS-M confirm that this is *not* taxable income? Thank you!

I received CGS-M CIHR and it's considered your stipend/scholarship/awards, which was not taxed for me for 2019. :)

On 4/15/2020 at 11:56 AM, logical_emotion said:

What is the alternate list? Is it like a waiting list? I thought they only tell you yes or no for your scholarship application. Thanks so much for your reply! 

12 hours ago, wasabigirl said:

What is the alternate list? Is it like a waiting list? I thought they only tell you yes or no for your scholarship application. Thanks so much for your reply! 

Alternate= waitlist.

You can email the CGS-M coordinator of the school (e..g, UOttawa) you were listed as an Alternate to determine your position on the waitlist/alternate list.

On 4/26/2020 at 1:08 PM, Mickey26 said:

Alternate= waitlist.

You can email the CGS-M coordinator of the school (e..g, UOttawa) you were listed as an Alternate to determine your position on the waitlist/alternate list.

Thank you so much! 

Do you now what's the percentage of people in a program get this scholarship? I didn't ask my cohort since it's kind of personal, I guess. 

9 hours ago, wasabigirl said:

Thank you so much! 

Do you now what's the percentage of people in a program get this scholarship? I didn't ask my cohort since it's kind of personal, I guess. 

Hi, you can't really determine that! Your essentially competing against other ppl in different programs. Ex: CIHR your competing against people in medicine and related, SSHRC against other humanities and social sciences, etc. I think once you meet your cohort it'll inevitably pop out eventually haha, when ya'll are lamenting about the funding :P 

6 hours ago, Globa said:

Hi,

Does anybody know when in exact the alternate master's SSHRC-CGS 2020-21 applicants will be notified if they have won the scholarship or not?

Thank you!

"Offers to alternate candidates may be made up until January 31 of the next calendar year." so up until Jan 2021. I was emailed when I was offered in June/July-ish. 

More info here: https://www.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/students-etudiants/pg-cs/cgsm-bescm_eng.asp

• 11 months later...
On 4/26/2020 at 1:08 PM, Mickey26 said:

Alternate= waitlist.

I know it has been a year but I am wondering if you emailed uottawa to ask about your position on the waitlist. I got alternate too and I am scared to email and ask. 

On 4/14/2021 at 9:39 PM, EduSnow said:

I know it has been a year but I am wondering if you emailed uottawa to ask about your position on the waitlist. I got alternate too and I am scared to email and ask. 

I encourage you to email them. I did when I was alternate and was told my position. Good luck!