Fall 2021 Clinical & Counseling PhD/PsyD

Update from DU PsyD program faculty:

This year we received a significant number of highly qualified candidates for the program and it is taking faculty additional time to thoroughly review all applicants. You can expect to hear back from us in the next few weeks. We appreciate your patience during this process.

This was helpful for me to hear to manage my expectations regarding when all responses will be sent from DU, so I figured I would pass it on. 

14 hours ago, Kelso123 said:

Ugh I can't wait until this season is over... it's such a soul-sucking process. I had one interview but it doesn't look like I'll get anymore at this point, and this is already my second time applying. Is it just me or is this year crazy competitive even compared to other application years? Maybe it's a combination of COVID creating less funding and the GRE requirement being waived for many programs, I'm not sure... 

Yes it’s def competitive this year honestly and I think it’s all those factors that you mentioned.It’s my second time applying as well, so stressful.

I wonder if the person who posted on the results page about not receiving an interview at UW would feel comfortable sharing (or DMing) the initials of the PI? I'm sorry to hear that you weren't selected and I have a feeling I'm in the same boat...wondering if ML has sent out invitations yet or if it's time to throw in the towel on UW.

3 minutes ago, Sikedout said:

I wonder if the person who posted on the results page about not receiving an interview at UW would feel comfortable sharing (or DMing) the initials of the PI? I'm sorry to hear that you weren't selected and I have a feeling I'm in the same boat...wondering if ML has sent out invitations yet or if it's time to throw in the towel on UW.

I'd also love to know who the PI was if the poster is willing to share (or DM)!

2 hours ago, bridonovan said:

Has there been any word from the UNC - Charlotte Clinical Health Psychology program? I think I saw one post about it a few weeks ago but nothing since 

UNC Charlotte had their interview day last week, sorry to bring bad news :( Wishing you luck!

1 hour ago, illuminatingvisage said:

how long does it typically take to hear back about a decision from a program? days? weeks?

This depends a lot on each individual program. Last year I heard about my alternate status like 4 days after the interview weekend. This year some programs have estimated 2 - 3 weeks. They should keep you informed of their timeline, but if they didn't you can always check in about their expected decision date. 

32 minutes ago, justacigar said:

This depends a lot on each individual program. Last year I heard about my alternate status like 4 days after the interview weekend. This year some programs have estimated 2 - 3 weeks. They should keep you informed of their timeline, but if they didn't you can always check in about their expected decision date. 

They ambiguously said "a week or so"...I'm just excited to hear back I guess.