Fall 2021 Clinical & Counseling PhD/PsyD

Just now, displaynamed said:

I am waitlisted at one school that I know is still waiting on a response from the person who has the offer. This could be the situation? But I would definitely recommend reaching out! 

I assume that's the case! I would just hate to be annoying because I already reached out once before several weeks after my interviews and never heard back..

You could reach out. It won't hurt anything. However, not all programs send out immediate rejections, even if someone isn't on an official waitlist. Some wait and just send all rejections around this time. 

Should I just assume I've been rejected at this point if I haven't heard back? I'm on the waitlist and I know that yesterday was the last day for decisions so colleges should know by now how many open spots they have left. I feel like they would have sent out more acceptances if they needed to fill in more openings. 

2 hours ago, PsychS said:

Should I just assume I've been rejected at this point if I haven't heard back? I'm on the waitlist and I know that yesterday was the last day for decisions so colleges should know by now how many open spots they have left. I feel like they would have sent out more acceptances if they needed to fill in more openings. 

No doubt you've done this, but just in case not--be sure to check your portals for status updates. I found two notices in those (one rejection and one acceptance) for which I never received a separate email.

19 hours ago, Psyched21 said:

No doubt you've done this, but just in case not--be sure to check your portals for status updates. I found two notices in those (one rejection and one acceptance) for which I never received a separate email.

If I haven’t heard anything about my waitlist status and don’t see any updates on the portal, can I assume I’m still in the running and that they’ll tell me once all spots are filled? Or, do these programs just not tell you anything ever...

3 hours ago, Fall21Hopeful said:

If I haven’t heard anything about my waitlist status and don’t see any updates on the portal, can I assume I’m still in the running and that they’ll tell me once all spots are filled? Or, do these programs just not tell you anything ever...

I would say, prepare for the worst and hope for the best. You can't assume anything until you hear definitively. In past years acceptances have come in well after the cut-off date as people sort out their placements. Good luck!

anyone know anything about the applied clincal psych masters at penn state harrisburg? I have an interview with them tomorrow. is it very research-oriented or more clinical? Obviously I'll get a better sense tomorrow but I'd like to have some knowledge of the program before going in to my interview

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2021 at 8:28 AM, PsyD_Stressin said:

Anyone attending PCOM in the fall? Would love to connect!

when did you hear back? i’m currently on the waitlist and hoping to attend in the fall

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 3/12/2021 at 12:38 PM, SikeeeeYourMind said:

I know Mercer is new program, but it seems like it has so much potential and all programs have to start somewhere.

Well - not "new", but "young". All accredited schools have to show admission and graduation statistics per year, so you easily can get a sense how steady the program has been over the years.

Also, they do well with matching.