Fall 2021 Clinical & Counseling PhD/PsyD

Hi all! Was wondering if those who are familiar with job hunting can post the sites or threads they use to search for CRC or RA jobs, especially at different institutions? I have heard of academic twitter, but if anyone is familiar with where companies and universities typically post jobs, I think it would be really helpful for a lot of us who are going to be rejected this year. Thanks!

Just now, NotYourMothersGrad said:

Hi all! Was wondering if those who are familiar with job hunting can post the sites or threads they use to search for CRC or RA jobs, especially at different institutions? I have heard of academic twitter, but if anyone is familiar with where companies and universities typically post jobs, I think it would be really helpful for a lot of us who are going to be rejected this year. Thanks!

I found my current crc position through the university’s job page! I would search for terms like research and psychology and it popped up 

specific lab pages sometimes promote positions on their “joining the lab“ page

otherwise this drive is super helpful: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1mJjXF9K-2PSLiUVI1CpiTOjWUclek5o_

On 3/9/2021 at 5:25 PM, Amucu said:

Has anyone heard anything about the 2021/2022 version of the Insider's Guide to Graduate Programs in Clinical and Counseling Psychology? The 2020/2021 version was published in January of 2020 so it seems they're understandably a bit behind schedule on this edition. 

been wondering the same thing. 

1 hour ago, forensicsfan said:

I've seen a lot of people on the Results page saying that they want to connect with their Fairleigh Dickinson 2021 cohort-mates. We have started a group chat for those who have accepted; DM to be added to it! ?

Just sent you a private message to be added to the group of us who have been accepted to FDU. Congrats to all!

Hello! I have a question regarding the April 15th deadline. I have been holding an offer because I am first up on the waitlist on another school (both schools are great, but there are some pros and cons to each and location is weighing on my decision due to external factors). I confirmed with the latter school this week that my waitlist status is still accurate. So essentially, I will need to accept my offer at the first school because I will most likely not hear from the waitlist school until after the 15th? Just wanted to confirm this sounds about right with the current deadline rules in place! 

Thank you! 

1 hour ago, psychology321 said:

Hello! I have a question regarding the April 15th deadline. I have been holding an offer because I am first up on the waitlist on another school (both schools are great, but there are some pros and cons to each and location is weighing on my decision due to external factors). I confirmed with the latter school this week that my waitlist status is still accurate. So essentially, I will need to accept my offer at the first school because I will most likely not hear from the waitlist school until after the 15th? Just wanted to confirm this sounds about right with the current deadline rules in place! 

Thank you! 

You probably should go ahead and accept tomorrow (4/15) if you don't hear back by mid-day from the first school. There is no guarantee your offer of admission (and financial aid/stipend) will remain valid after close of business on 4/15.

Hi everyone! I know many may be looking for research jobs and just wanted to post that the lab I managed for the past year is looking for a new lab manager as I transition to grad school! It is part-time in Lincoln, NE for a developmental lab looking at executive function development in elementary-aged kiddos. You would be responsible for supervising a longitudinal study, and managing RAs and day-to-day tasks. I also worked as a YTS to get clinical hours and thought it was the idea combo of clinical/research experience. If you'd be interested in learning more, feel free to shoot me a message :) 

hi everyone! I'm trying to make my decision still (I know it's a little last minute!). I've been accepted to LIU Post's PsyD program and was wondering if anyone has any advice/input/info regarding the program! I like the warmth/family feel of the program, but the high-cost and upper administration drama is making me hesitant. If I do not accept, I would probably take a few years off and maybe apply for PHD programs in the future. 

19 hours ago, psychhopeful212 said:

hi everyone! I'm trying to make my decision still (I know it's a little last minute!). I've been accepted to LIU Post's PsyD program and was wondering if anyone has any advice/input/info regarding the program! I like the warmth/family feel of the program, but the high-cost and upper administration drama is making me hesitant. If I do not accept, I would probably take a few years off and maybe apply for PHD programs in the future. 

I’ll DM you in an hour or so. I had similar concerns but accepted and am excited. 

29 minutes ago, PhD1Day said:

Today is THEE day! Good luck to all on waitlist~ sending many prayers and positive vibes your way :)

Does anyone have any clue how quickly things move on/after the 15th? Do people on waitlists start hearing as early as today or is the processed prolonged on for a few days? weeks?

11 minutes ago, aspiringgradstudent said:

Does anyone have any clue how quickly things move on/after the 15th? Do people on waitlists start hearing as early as today or is the processed prolonged on for a few days? weeks?

From what I understand, there is a timed deadline (ie. 4pm) to let universities know your decision. I've heard of many people being offered a spot off waitlists 4/15 during the evening as well as the next day or so!

Does anyone else have schools that they have not heard anything from since their interview? I had interviews at 2 schools that were over a month ago, and still have not had any communication or responses from them. Are you just supposed to assume you're rejected?

Hi all - still haven't heard from 2 schools that I'm waiting to hear from. Do I reach out? Do I keep waiting since I've waited this long anyway? Odd to me that they never even let me know if I was on a waitlist? I assume they would have told me if I was rejected after the interview. 

6 minutes ago, aspiringgradstudent said:

Hi all - still haven't heard from 2 schools that I'm waiting to hear from. Do I reach out? Do I keep waiting since I've waited this long anyway? Odd to me that they never even let me know if I was on a waitlist? I assume they would have told me if I was rejected after the interview. 

I am waitlisted at one school that I know is still waiting on a response from the person who has the offer. This could be the situation? But I would definitely recommend reaching out!