Fall 2021 Clinical & Counseling PhD/PsyD

7 minutes ago, frazyfar said:

Interview invites for UH Manoa are still going out? I heard that one of the listed faculty on the website was not accepting students anymore due to funding issues. 

I'm not sure, which is why I was asking if anyone has gotten an invitation! ? I did see that one specific faculty member doesn't have enough finding but I can't verify that other faculty is the same. I suppose only time will tell.. 

Just now, Jcardi123 said:

I'm not sure, which is why I was asking if anyone has gotten an invitation! ? I did see that one specific faculty member doesn't have enough finding but I can't verify that other faculty is the same. I suppose only time will tell.. 

Sorry, I misread! I am thisclose to calling or emailing to ask. And maybe asking for a refund on my app fees. I understand a loss of funding, and $100 is a high application fee to ask if the status of the program was in question.

Just now, frazyfar said:

Sorry, I misread! I am thisclose to calling or emailing to ask. And maybe asking for a refund on my app fees. I understand a loss of funding, and $100 is a high application fee to ask if the status of the program was in question.

No worries! I have thought about it, but I'm going to give it until at least March. Although, I am pretty upset about the application fee if they knew their funding wasn't going to be enough. Ughhh. 

1 hour ago, kenny12345 said:

I saw someone post that Rutgers sent out interview emails last week for Clinical PsyD program. Can anyone confirm? It seems kind of early, as its only been 4 weeks since the deadline, but maybe I'm wrong. 

I can confirm that invites were sent out for 2/15 interview date. Unsure if this will be the final round of interview invitations extended. Best of luck!

Anyone on hear interview with the University of Houston this past weekend? I saw someone post an acceptance on the grad cafe results page and was wondering if anyone else had heard back from them already. I'm assuming since I didn't hear back I didn't get accepted, which I'm really bummed about, but holding on to some hope that maybe not all acceptances have been sent out yet.

Hi all! Moderators have been removing posts a lot on the results page that aren't results (which they should do!), so if you have a question I suggest asking it here. 

To the poster who posted an acceptance from Penn State: would you please DM me your PI? And which day you interviewed? Thank you!

17 hours ago, HopefullyAccepted said:

Has Nova Southeastern University sent out all interviews?

Hi!

I've heard from another applicant that they are still extending interviews this week and next week. Apparently they received a lot of applications this year, and are still reviewing them. Good luck!

2 hours ago, HopefulPsychPhD said:

Hi all! Moderators have been removing posts a lot on the results page that aren't results (which they should do!), so if you have a question I suggest asking it here. 

To the poster who posted an acceptance from Penn State: would you please DM me your PI? And which day you interviewed? Thank you!

Also curious, thanks and congratulations!! 

4 hours ago, HopefulPsychPhD said:

4 hours ago, chels_sire said:

Hi!

I've heard from another applicant that they are still extending interviews this week and next week. Apparently they received a lot of applications this year, and are still reviewing them. Good luck!

I hope this is accurate. I reached out to admissions on Monday and they said they would be sending invites out by the end of this week. An extension would be awesome! Patiently waiting! 

Was told I'd hear back from Ohio University probably by the end of this week (so... today). I havent heard back yet so I'm assuming it's a 'no'.I have one other interview next week but am feeling really disheartened. This is my second time applying to PhD programs. I'm thinking of contingency plans and am considering applying to clinical psych Masters programs. I cannot, for the life of me, find a list of competitive schools. Where should I be looking?! I would likely reapply to PhD programs after receiving my masters. I want something research-heavy. 

3 hours ago, PsyD_Stressin said:

Has anyone heard from the La Salle PsyD program? This is one place I have not heard back from, curious if anyone has heard.

I haven’t heard from them! I emailed earlier this week to ask if they sent out all interview invites and I haven’t gotten a response. 

I GOT MY FIRST AND PROBABLY ONLY INTERVIEW INVITE!!!! I'M SO EXCITED!!! The interviews are literally next week (like a 2 day notice lol). Would it hurt my chances if I picked a later interview date from the options given to me? Should I speak to the grad students before the prof?

Edited by tryingtostaypositive

Just now, tryingtostaypositive said:

I GOT MY FIRST AND PROBABLY ONLY INTERVIEW INVITE!!!! I'M SO EXCITED!!! The interviews are literally next week (like a 2 day notice lol). Would it hurt my chances if I picked a later interview date from the options given to me? 

woohooooooo! where?

Just now, tryingtostaypositive said:

I GOT MY FIRST AND PROBABLY ONLY INTERVIEW INVITE!!!! I'M SO EXCITED!!! The interviews are literally next week (like a 2 day notice lol). Would it hurt my chances if I picked a later interview date from the options given to me? 

Congrats! If you don't mind sharing, what school and PI?

saw someone post that they got accepted to Purdue West Lafayette?? I think their application deadline was about 2 weeks ago and I haven't seen anyone post about interview invites. Is this real? Or did I miss something: ?

Edited by missmusical

30 minutes ago, Psy-aye-aye said:

I haven’t heard from them! I emailed earlier this week to ask if they sent out all interview invites and I haven’t gotten a response. 

Great thank you! I have a few PsyD interviews I am hoping for a few more!! I know this year everyone has an absurd amount of applicants but I am just antsy!!!