Fall 2021 Clinical & Counseling PhD/PsyD

1 hour ago, curiousclinicalpsych said:

Does anyone know if Yeshiva or Pace have extended all their interview invites at this point? 

Not sure what specific programs you mean, but Yeshiva's Clinical Psych PhD program just completed their official interviews today and yesterday

20 minutes ago, justtryi said:

Hello, I saw someone post on the admissions results page that they were accepted to Marquette University. To whoever that was, congrats! I was wondering if you would be willing to share your POI's initials with me? I also interviewed there!

Same here! Anxiously awaiting an email or update of any kind, so if anyone is willing to share POI initials I'd be grateful, too :)

On 2/9/2021 at 2:05 PM, psychgal25 said:

Hi everyone! I received an invitation to interview for the University of Southern Mississippi clinical program, but haven't heard anything about the interview schedule yet. Is anyone else in the same boat? I'm meant to be interviewing on February 12th but I know there are a couple other interview days too 

I have not gotten mine yet either but my interview is not on the 12th. I hate when they send them out so late!

Someone posted on the results page a message from their school that goes "In the absence of the April 15th resolution this year. . . some faculty may be able to offer admission after initial decisions are sent out and even past April 15" Is the April 15th resolution not in place for this year because of COVID? This is the first time I'm hearing about this?

Also, I'm a bit unclear if the April 15 resolution is for ALL programs or just those that offer funding. There seems to be people saying both. So, if a PhD program is not funded, do they have to abide by the resolution? Does this mean that PsyD programs, since they are typically unfunded, don't have to abide?

Did anyone else get an email from Wisconsin Milwaukee that said there was an update to their application? I got this email but there was no update to my portal. I'm assuming it's a rejection since I didn't interview, but I thought it was odd.

6 hours ago, ad_7272 said:

Has anyone heard from Kent State, Case Western Reserve, or University of Cincinnati (all clinical)? Still crossing my fingers that I might get an interview with any of them

I received a rejection from Case Western about a week ago, but I can't speak to if they have already had their interviews or if invites are still going out.

13 minutes ago, forensicsfan said:

I haven't heard from LIU PsyD either! I was surprised because I already heard back from the LIU PhD, but I haven't seen anything about the PsyD!

Hi! LIU PsyD invitations haven’t gone out yet. I was told it should be soon(not sure when exactly). But at least you know they haven’t been extended yet and we all have a chance! 

9 hours ago, ad_7272 said:

Has anyone heard from Kent State, Case Western Reserve, or University of Cincinnati (all clinical)? Still crossing my fingers that I might get an interview with any of them

I also haven't heard anything from Case Western Reserve but I've seen both invites and rejections on the forum and I'm not sure what to make of that :(

18 hours ago, ad_7272 said:

Honestly I assumed rejection from Kent State; are they still sending interview invites?

Edited by kch16

20 hours ago, eloisetheapplicant said:

For everyone who is applying to grad school the second or third time: when you reapplied this year, did you apply to the same programs/POIS that you did in the previous years? If so, have you gotten interviews from the programs that you had applied to the year before? After how tough this cycle has been, I am already planning my reapplication plans lol.

So, last year I applied to a PI who did plan to accept me and even verbally offered BUT she was poached to a better university and due to her leaving/pandemic delaying her move, she was unable to accept that year. I applied this year to the NEW university, and did not receive an interview invitation. I was waitlisted to interview, but honestly I was quite shocked considering our email correspondence, and I had significantly more experience this year two. It just goes to show PIs change their minds and universities may have input too. Don't put your eggs in any one basket expecting to be remembered. I am glad I still applied to 15 schools instead of banking on this PI.