Fall 2021 Clinical & Counseling PhD/PsyD

1 hour ago, clinpsychgradschool said:

Has anyone heard from EK at Miami U (OH) post interview? I think they said notifications post-interview would go out today but I haven't heard anything

I heard back on 2/5 but I applied to work with a different PI. Haven’t heard anyone mention EK though, so hopefully you’ll hear back soon! Best of luck! ❤️

For the La Salle posters was the interview email a mass email? Trying to gauge my chances! Thanks!

Montclair (Clinical PhD), Rowan (Clinical PhD), William Paterson (Clinical PsyD), Rutgers (Clinical PsyD), Immaculata (Clinical PsyD), PCOM (Clinical PsyD), La Salle (Clinical PsyD), Widener (Clinical PsyD), Chestnut Hill (Clinical PsyD), University of Hartford (Clinical PsyD), Loyola University (Clinical PsyD), William James (Clinical PsyD)

1/12 Accepted, 4/12 Offered Interviews, 4/12 Rejections, 4/12 No News

34 minutes ago, PsyD_Stressin said:

For the La Salle posters was the interview email a mass email? Trying to gauge my chances! Thanks!

Montclair (Clinical PhD), Rowan (Clinical PhD), William Paterson (Clinical PsyD), Rutgers (Clinical PsyD), Immaculata (Clinical PsyD), PCOM (Clinical PsyD), La Salle (Clinical PsyD), Widener (Clinical PsyD), Chestnut Hill (Clinical PsyD), University of Hartford (Clinical PsyD), Loyola University (Clinical PsyD), William James (Clinical PsyD)

Unfortunately, it looked like a mass email. They provided us with the option of 2 interview days. The email asked us to respond as soon as possible because they only have a limited number of slots on each day.

Let me know if you have any other questions ? 

41 minutes ago, PsyD_Stressin said:

La Salle was a mass interview email. Also I know William Paterson already had their interviews and Rutgers PsyD has already extended all of their interviews. 

1 hour ago, PsyD_Stressin said:

My interview invitation for La Salle started with “Dear Applicant”

Has anyone heard from James Madison Univ. (JMU)? Their deadline for sending out invites/rejections has now passed and I'm guessing there are delays but I wanted to check in case anyone has called already and/or has heard from them...

4 minutes ago, Ary21 said:

Has anyone heard from James Madison Univ. (JMU)? Their deadline for sending out invites/rejections has now passed and I'm guessing there are delays but I wanted to check in case anyone has called already and/or has heard from them...

I emailed them and they said they were just delayed and have not extended interviews yet

32 minutes ago, MaybeTheFutureDrKHopefully said:

I emailed them and they said they were just delayed and have not extended interviews yet

Thanks for the reply, good to know :)

On 1/14/2021 at 8:51 PM, PsyDuck90 said:

There are also a few funded masters programs that serve as pretty good pipelines to PhDs. Wake Forest is probably the biggest one, but I think Villanova and William and Mary also provide funding. If you search this forum, there have been people discussing them in past threads. Those are the 3 I remember off the top of my head. 

Villanova just released some early decisions yesterday!

On 2/15/2021 at 8:31 AM, lileruneal said:

I haven't! I know they said they were interviewing people who couldn't make it to the 1/29 interview data but I feel like its been enough time they must have been able to meet with everyone. I was going to email either the PI or the student buddy I was assigned today to ask for a timeline, but I'm not sure if that will come across as annoying and I don't want to hurt my chances if they have yet to decide. I don't know if its acceptable to check in considering its been over 2 weeks and there hasn't been an update!

This is exactly my thought process as well haha! I think I may wait until next week, but I'm not sure how to navigate this to walk the line of not looking impatient but also not looking uninterested lol. If you do reach out please let me know if you get a response!

Just wanted to post an update for UHawaii at Manoa 

"Thank you for your inquiry. 

Applicants are generally notified by mid-February to early March if they have been accepted and/or if the faculty would like to schedule an interview. Faculty contact applicants directly. 

Applicants then have until April 15th to notify the department of their decision to accept or reject admission. If you don't receive an email or call by mid-February to early March, please note that in some cases an applicant may be wait-listed and final notification of acceptance or denial may not occur until early April.

Once all selected and, if applicable, waitlisted applicants are offered admission, official notifications of acceptance are sent to the mailing addresses provided in applicant forms. For applicants who are not offered admission, this means there is no official contact from the university until May.

That said, please feel free to reach out to this email address if you want to inquire about your application status. I receive the final list of accepted applicants a few weeks before official letters are mailed and am happy to let you know if I have any updates at that time."

27 minutes ago, rainbow56 said:

This is exactly my thought process as well haha! I think I may wait until next week, but I'm not sure how to navigate this to walk the line of not looking impatient but also not looking uninterested lol. If you do reach out please let me know if you get a response!

I know, academia has so many unspoken rules and etiquette it is wild. I will definitely let you know if I hear anything or if I end up reaching out though! Hopefully this excruciating wait will end soon lol