Fall 2021 Clinical & Counseling PhD/PsyD

Just now, missmusical said:

Freaking out because two people posted acceptances to UNC Greensboro (NOT my POIs) and I haven't heard anything yet, and am starting to assume rejection. Someone please say something to make me feel better >.< 

Have you heard anything from OU?

1 minute ago, PhD1Day said:

Have you heard anything from OU?

I reached out to my POI expressing that I was still interested and requested an admissions update. This was on Tuesday and I haven't heard back. Not sure if he missed my email, if they're still deliberating, still have to go through all that red tape, etc. 

At what point is it appropriate to follow up after an interview? I had an interview 3 weeks ago and have yet to hear anything. I followed up with a thank you email a couple days after my interview and in their response they added "As you may know, this process could take a while (sometimes into mid-April)". Should I take this as an indication that I should not follow up about my status? 

Edited by aspiringgradstudent

20 hours ago, caffeineplease said:

Does anyone know when Rutgers might send out invites post-interview (or if they already have)? 

The website it said they will let people know around April 1st. I checked the last years results and it looks like people started hearing back between maybe 1st (although I think that might be early) to 2nd week of March until as late as April 15th. I do know that the "committee" hasn't even met yet and will be deliberating next week. Hope that helps a bit, but in the same boat..

1 minute ago, Biopsychosocialyzing said:

The website it said they will let people know around April 1st. I checked the last years results and it looks like people started hearing back between maybe 1st (although I think that might be early) to 2nd week of March until as late as April 15th. I do know that the "committee" hasn't even met yet and will be deliberating next week. Hope that helps a bit, but in the same boat..

Thank you for that info!! Is this for PhD or PsyD? I forgot to specify that I interviewed for the PhD program. 

1 hour ago, aspiringgradstudent said:

At what point is it appropriate to follow up after an interview? I had an interview 3 weeks ago and have yet to hear anything. I followed up with a thank you email a couple days after my email and in their response they added "As you may know, this process could take a while (sometimes into mid-April)". Should I take this as an indication that I should not follow up about my status? 

Could you try following up with the department application coordinator as a start, and then if that doesn't work out, reach out to the PI in a week or two? Has there been any activity from other posters on the results section?

30 minutes ago, EyelandPychePhD said:

Could you try following up with the department application coordinator as a start, and then if that doesn't work out, reach out to the PI in a week or two? Has there been any activity from other posters on the results section?

You're right. I figured I should maybe wait at least 4 weeks before reaching out to the PI. I keep going back and forth about whether or not I should reach out lol.

I've only seen one person post an acceptance and it was for a different PI. 

23 minutes ago, aspiringgradstudent said:

You're right. I figured I should maybe wait at least 4 weeks before reaching out to the PI. I keep going back and forth about whether or not I should reach out lol.

I've only seen one person post an acceptance and it was for a different PI. 

If it wasn't for them saying "As you may know, this process could take a while (sometimes into mid-April)", then I would normally say that you can absolutely follow up to inquire about the status. But since that language was included, it does warrant a little more patience. Which is incredibly frustrating I know.

If you know the PI well (as in, you've had several correspondences via e-mail with them and built some sort of rapport beyond just the interview), then it may be appropriate to e-mail them ASAP to inquire about your status. But if you don't already have a rapport with them then it is probably best to let just a little bit more time pass before inquiring with the PI. When you do reach out to them, conveying interest in the program while simultaneously inquiring about decisions can sprinkle a little sugar on top of an e-mail. 

The Graduate Applications Coordinator person is a different story though- You can totally reach out to them. Just don't put anything in writing that you wouldn't be comfortable having forwarded to your PI, because that could happen. But I think if you inquire indirectly with the Grad Applicant Coordinator, you should be fine to do so as soon as you want so long as you're polite. 

Edited by EyelandPychePhD

35 minutes ago, anxiouslywaiting36 said:

I saw on the admissions page people have received waitlist emails from both Marquette and Eastern Michigan. I interviewed at both of these programs, but haven't heard anything. Should I assume that I'm likely going to be rejected? If anyone has any information on these programs it would be greatly appreciated!

Emails are going out all day today from EMU from what I understand! There were over 50 interviewees, so the DCT is slowly making their way through the individualized emails :) I haven't received mine either yet.

Hi all! I had a preliminary interview with Syracuse last month and it's been radio silence since then. I know that they already had one interview day, and their next one is in a week, so if anyone has been invited for a formal interview could you please DM me with your PI? Just trying to figure out where I stand! Thanks!

I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this question. I interviewed on February 1st and received the email below this past week.  Is this the standard waitlist email? 

The admissions committee has met to discuss all applications and we are in the midst of extending our initial offers. Although you are not receiving an immediate offer, your application remains active.  You are receiving this message because you are part of a small group of highly-rated applicants who still have a reasonable chance of admission into our program.  Unfortunately at this time it’s difficult to provide further information because there’s no single wait list. 

If you rank XYZ higher than a program that has offered you admission then you are free to ask them to wait until you have a final decision from us.

On 2/15/2021 at 9:26 PM, clinicalpsych10154 said:

Did you receive an email from the PI or BBIP program?

Actually both! My PI told me early on that I was on the wait list and then one of the co-directors of the BBIP program sent me an email about a week later. 

13 hours ago, Desperateforacceptance said:

- Has anyone heard back from PCOM? 

- Does anyone know if Mercer is done sending interview invites? 

I applied to PCOM super late because it was rolling. I believe they received everything for me towards the later part of January (like in the 20s). I have not heard anything from them if that helps.