Fall 2021 Clinical & Counseling PhD/PsyD

2 hours ago, aspiringgradstudent said:

Hi all! I know the answer to this is likely "it varies", but can anyone provide insight as to how likely it is to get an offer after you are placed on a waitlist?

Schools report the number of accepted students and the number of incoming students each year. You can tell how often people turn down offers by looking at the difference between these numbers.

Edited by SendMeAnEmailPlz

4 hours ago, psychster said:

So, last year I applied to a PI who did plan to accept me and even verbally offered BUT she was poached to a better university and due to her leaving/pandemic delaying her move, she was unable to accept that year. I applied this year to the NEW university, and did not receive an interview invitation. I was waitlisted to interview, but honestly I was quite shocked considering our email correspondence, and I had significantly more experience this year two. It just goes to show PIs change their minds and universities may have input too. Don't put your eggs in any one basket expecting to be remembered. I am glad I still applied to 15 schools instead of banking on this PI. 

Okay this is terrifying. I’m currently holding two unofficial verbal offers and I was feeling bad about that until I read your post. My mentor’s advice was to not release any offers until it’s official, and I totally understand why now. I’m so sorry that this happened to you!

22 hours ago, justtryi said:

Hello, I saw someone post on the admissions results page that they were accepted to Marquette University. To whoever that was, congrats! I was wondering if you would be willing to share your POI's initials with me? I also interviewed there!

22 hours ago, psychmo said:

Same here! Anxiously awaiting an email or update of any kind, so if anyone is willing to share POI initials I'd be grateful, too :)

SAME PLEASE if youre willing to share ((: 

Had an interview recently where a professor was blatantly racist in one of the group settings. I don't want to give too many details that may reveal my identity, but I confirmed that it was not a misunderstanding. Other people looked shook too, but I think we were all uncertain about what to say and didn't have much time to act. I want to withdraw my application and say something about it, but I'm not sure exactly what actions to take. Any ideas?

On 2/9/2021 at 4:05 PM, psychgal25 said:

Hi everyone! I received an invitation to interview for the University of Southern Mississippi clinical program, but haven't heard anything about the interview schedule yet. Is anyone else in the same boat? I'm meant to be interviewing on February 12th but I know there are a couple other interview days too 

I'm in the same boat! I interview on the 12th too (so tomorrow) and still haven't received a schedule. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to word an email to the admissions coordinator who's in charge of sending out the schedules? 

29 minutes ago, freud_anti said:

Had an interview recently where a professor was blatantly racist in one of the group settings. I don't want to give too many details that may reveal my identity, but I confirmed that it was not a misunderstanding. Other people looked shook too, but I think we were all uncertain about what to say and didn't have much time to act. I want to withdraw my application and say something about it, but I'm not sure exactly what actions to take. Any ideas?

Can you please DM me the school name? Want to make sure I go nowhere near this program. Thx 

31 minutes ago, freud_anti said:

If that professor is not the DCT or chair of the department, I would reach out to someone in either of those positions. So sorry to hear that this happened :( 

23 hours ago, Leah0227 said:

Has anyone heard from La Salle PsyD and LIU PsyD?

I applied to La Salle and have been wondering the same thing! I looked at the email they sent upon submission and it said their interviews were the first week in March. I feel they'd have to say something by the end of next week. 

48 minutes ago, freud_anti said:

You can check to see if the university has an Ombudsman and direct your concern to them. They are supposed to keep things confidential. I am so sorry you had this experience.

14 minutes ago, PsyD_Stressin said:

I applied to La Salle and have been wondering the same thing! I looked at the email they sent upon submission and it said their interviews were the first week in March. I feel they'd have to say something by the end of next week. 

Thanks for letting me know! Hopefully they get in touch with us soon. Good luck :)

On 2/10/2021 at 7:31 AM, InMyEmails2019 said:

I’ve seen that some people have heard from IU’s Counseling Psych program. I’m wondering if anyone has either received a rejection post-interview or if anyone knows whether all acceptances/waitlists were contacted yesterday. Thank you! 

I too am waiting on news from IU, I have not received a rejection or any type of contact.

1 minute ago, Desperateforacceptance said:

Do you think they sent all interview invites? I know this is the last interview date and I didn't get an email...

I honestly have no idea. I reached out to admissions this week and they mentioned that final interviews were being sent out this week. They may be sending more tomorrow but I honestly don’t know 

3 hours ago, freud_anti said:

I am so sorry you had to experience that in an interview, how inhumane and unprofessional. I would echo the other suggestions to reach out to the DCT, the chair of the department, or the dean of the college. Take that shit all the way to the top.