MPH 2021 Canada

11 minutes ago, Natasha7 said:

Not too sure tbh. I think it depends on marks + experiences. What experiences did you apply with?

I have close to 1.5 years of research experience working as data analyst in a neuromuscular fatigue lab. The abstract for this was published in ACSM ( I was first author) and the manuscript is on the works to being published for The Journal of Applied Physiology. I have 2 year of experience volunteering as a home visitor for the elderly which is what made me really want to pursue a public health degree. As of November, I also launched my own podcast which talks about biases women face in the health care industries and in addition I completed a practicum working with children placed on the autism spectrum. 

Not very epi related to be honest so idk 

Edited by bbj

U of T epi (and other concentrations):

I just received an email from admissions, and they stagger the decisions (have multiple rounds of offers)

I browsed some past forums, reddit pages, and spoke to 2 individuals currently in the program:

1.) there are over 500 applicants for roughly 45 seats

2.) All applicants are scored out of 50; 10 points for each of the 5 major areas they assess (grades, social science background, volunteer/work experience, references, and LOI).

3.) Only applicants with 41/50 or higher are considered.

4.) Majority of those accepted have an A or A- average. The program is becoming more competitive so they are making less exceptions for grades.

5.) They have a strong preference for more professional and mature students (i.e., not fresh grads).

6.) Take more than one stats course. They give preference to individuals with data analysis experience. You need to show that you are good with numbers.

Best of luck, regardless of the outcome you guys are all wonderful and exceptional applicants!

Edited by BoxingAndMPH

14 minutes ago, BoxingAndMPH said:

I just received an email from admissions, and they stagger the decisions (have multiple rounds of offers)

I browsed some past forums, reddit pages, and spoke to 2 individuals currently in the program:

2.) All applicants are scored out of 50; 10 points for each of the 5 major areas they assess (grades, social science background, volunteer/work experience, references, and LOI).

4.) Majority of those accepted have an A or A- average. The program is becoming more competitive so they are making less exceptions for grades.

5.) They have a strong preference for more professional and mature students (i.e., not fresh grads).

6.) Take more than one stats course. They give preference to individuals with data analysis experience. You need to show that you are good with numbers.

Best of luck, regardless of the outcome you guys are all wonderful and exceptional applicants!

Wait social science? I might lost some marks here because I did not take any social science course in my last two years of Uni hhhh

15 minutes ago, BoxingAndMPH said:

Is the 45 seats for one concentration or all concentrations included?

5 minutes ago, LindaZhou said:

Same, also my cGPA is not A or A- but my last 2 years are. ? so I guess this year is super competitive

On their website it says "Nearly all of our successful candidates possess A’s in their final two undergraduate years." So I think you should be ok in terms of grades :) 

2 minutes ago, LindaZhou said:

Same, also my cGPA is not A or A- but my last 2 years are. ? so I guess this year is super competitive

Honestly, your last 2 years is really good...I guess it's just competition :( I'm curious how many people applied this year compared to last year. Gonna email them to see if they have the answer. 

3 hours ago, lmarph said:

Has anyone who applied for U of T Health Promo heard yet?

I haven't heard anything yet either!

For those who have response deadlines coming up but are waiting for other schools that are releasing offers/rejections after this date, do you know if it's possible to defer our decision or if we'd have to accept and pay a deposit in the meantime?