MPH 2021 Canada

29 minutes ago, zarattac said:

For those who are waiting on Waterloo MPH, apparently they have not gotten through all the applications yet! Kind of good news for me because I thought I was either waitlisted or rejected :) I guess there are multiple rounds of offers that go out. 

Yikes that is the exact opposite of what they told me lol 

8 minutes ago, GingerDwight said:

Yikes that is the exact opposite of what they told me lol 

LOL I agree with you GingerDwight. I can 100% say they did complete because when I called they had a spreadsheet of everyone. She said everyone who got rejected got rejected and everyone who were amazing got offers first round.

Everyone waiting is just in the middle. Many of us in the middle including me was told if this was any other regular year, would have got in first round. 

The more people decline from first round.. more space opens up and so on. 

They probably will add few more spots.

40 minutes ago, zarattac said:

For those who are waiting on Waterloo MPH, apparently they have not gotten through all the applications yet! Kind of good news for me because I thought I was either waitlisted or rejected :) I guess there are multiple rounds of offers that go out. 

Just now, zarattac said:

What really? I'm so confused now ?  

The head of admission admin (or whatever her position title is) Michelle, told both @minniexo_ the same thing multiple times, that the first round has gone out and all rejections have been made, the rest of us are on a big spreadsheet like an unofficial waitlist and we will be hearing back as the first round people accept/decline their offers. She mentioned to both of us that there is a small chance they'll be adding more spots this year. When I asked her "if you were me, would you be happy about where you are on the list, seeing as you know where I am but obviously cant tell me" and she said "I don't want to be getting anyones hopes up because more people than we expected are actually accepting the offers but you're up there" and at that point I could tell she was getting annoyed with me lol so I ended the convo. 

Who did you speak with? 

For anyone who received an offer at Queen's, are you able to see your official letter on the Graduate Studies website? I saw mine on Monday, but can't find it anymore. 

Edited by coconuthead

15 minutes ago, GingerDwight said:

The head of admission admin (or whatever her position title is) Michelle, told both @minniexo_ the same thing multiple times, that the first round has gone out and all rejections have been made, the rest of us are on a big spreadsheet like an unofficial waitlist and we will be hearing back as the first round people accept/decline their offers. She mentioned to both of us that there is a small chance they'll be adding more spots this year. When I asked her "if you were me, would you be happy about where you are on the list, seeing as you know where I am but obviously cant tell me" and she said "I don't want to be getting anyones hopes up because more people than we expected are actually accepting the offers but you're up there" and at that point I could tell she was getting annoyed with me lol so I ended the convo. 

Who did you speak with? 

I actually spoke with a professor who is involved with admissions for the MPH program (I'm a UW student) and she said she still had to go through a bunch of apps and submit them by I think April 7th or 9th? And those who haven't heard back yet can expect to start hearing back in the coming weeks

3 minutes ago, zarattac said:

I actually spoke with a professor who is involved with admissions for the MPH program (I'm a UW student) and she said she still had to go through a bunch of apps and submit them by I think April 7th or 9th? And those who haven't heard back yet can expect to start hearing back in the coming weeks

that is weird as i am also a uw student!! 

2 minutes ago, zarattac said:

Oh interesting! Michelle assured us that all applications have been looked over already....thats so weird

5 minutes ago, zarattac said:

is the prof scott or kelly? who is it

2 minutes ago, minniexo_ said:

36,400k but books,trips, and everything included for the whole year

Oh okaaay thanks! That’s weird that everything is included for domestic bc this is what it says for international: 

The tuition fee is currently $55,149 (plus ancillary and supplementary fees of approximately $4,500) 

46 minutes ago, Shwemih said:

Does anyone have any update from Alberta? I am still at pre screening. Lol

same here, my progress hasn't budged since December :(