MPH 2021 Canada

9 hours ago, bbj said:

I've applied to MPH at UofA for the epidemiology stream back in December and am still pre-screening. is this normal? kind of nervous 

i think so! my friend who submitted around the same time as me is under prescreening as of yesterday when they updated me. they applied for health promo

2 minutes ago, pandab3ar said:

Wow congrats!! Did they tell you by what date you have to decide if you're attending or not? 

Yes they did! The email states that I will receive the final decision within the next few weeks and I have to decide before March 29th. 

12 hours ago, MSc2021 said:

Any news of when UBC will send out MSc in Population and Public Health admissions results?

I'm waiting for this too.....By the way, do you have  a potential supervisor? Maybe you could ask him about this via email?

I'm so anxious.....

15 hours ago, BamDragonMPH said:

I applied to UofA for Global Health and mine is still under pre screening.. is this because I'm an International student or how does this work exactly.. I'm at my wits' end 

I applied for the same stream and am also still under pre-screening ? i'm a domestic student and submitted my application end of November, but my last reference submitted right before the deadline.  from what i've read/ seen in previous forums it seems like it depends on when your complete application was received; what stream you're in; and can potentially indicate whether you're getting in or not. but i've also heard that some people's applications can go straight from pre-screening to accepted so ???? i'm really not too sure at this point lmao, just hoping for the best and trying to stay patient ?

I applied to UofA Health Promotion and it seems like acceptances have already been given out. Should I assume I won't be getting one? Or do you guys think they're rolling them out at different times? 

5 hours ago, my3420 said:

UoA still showing Pre screening for the epidemiology stream for every one they have not even pick up application till now.......Superb ?

Mine has been under review and listed as decision: pending for a long time. However, based on the MPH 2019 and 2020 forums, the Epidemiology stream comes out rather late (There was one person who posted an acceptance on March 18-and some in April?-You'll have to double check).

Edited by PumpkinPie101

3 hours ago, moon.ari said:

I applied to UofA Health Promotion and it seems like acceptances have already been given out. Should I assume I won't be getting one? Or do you guys think they're rolling them out at different times? 

I applied for Health Policy and Management and it looks like acceptances have already gone out for this stream as well. I think i'm gonna rule myself out but I think you should still stay hopeful since health promotion offers went out just recently!

30 minutes ago, cheesecakelover said:

I applied for Health Policy and Management and it looks like acceptances have already gone out for this stream as well. I think i'm gonna rule myself out but I think you should still stay hopeful since health promotion offers went out just recently!

Maybe you might get waitlisted or queued up for second set of batch.. Dont lose hope yet! 

As per my findings from previous year threads, most number of selections get their email by April 2nd week (till around april 16).. And last year, on april 21 i think, they sent the rejection mail to the rest on the same day.. Which means we gotta cling on to it till April 16 at least.. Dont lose hope anyone.. We still got few more weeks.. Lets hope, that's all we can do! 

Edited by Canadaapplicant

Wondering if any U of A Health Promo acceptances have been part-time or part-time distance students? I applied as a domestic part-time and distance learning student and have had my application under review since early January. Does anyone know if part-time and/or distance students have found out later than full-time students in the past?

For context, I am have been working full-time in a public health research position for 3 years and have 3 years of academic research experience before this, hold a 3.8/4.0 GPA, worked frontline and volunteered for 3 years in a public health position, have published academic work in an international, peer-reviewed journal, and have had work presented at an international conference, provincial conference, and at a Canadian Public Health Association webinar. 

3 hours ago, MPH_16 said:

Wondering if any U of A Health Promo acceptances have been part-time or part-time distance students? I applied as a domestic part-time and distance learning student and have had my application under review since early January. Does anyone know if part-time and/or distance students have found out later than full-time students in the past?

For context, I am have been working full-time in a public health research position for 3 years and have 3 years of academic research experience before this, hold a 3.8/4.0 GPA, worked frontline and volunteered for 3 years in a public health position, have published academic work in an international, peer-reviewed journal, and have had work presented at an international conference, provincial conference, and at a Canadian Public Health Association webinar. 

I do believe that last year, health promo distance students received decisions slightly later than the on-campus health promo (maybe a difference of a few days to a week?). I wouldn't count yourself out already, you have some really strong stats!