MPH 2021 Canada

1 hour ago, zucca said:

Just got accepted to the MPH program at uAlberta for Health Policy and Management!

OMG congrats!!!! I applied to that stream too! Did you get an email, or was the acceptance of the portal? I haven't gotten any response yet so wondering if I should expect an R ?

3 minutes ago, lmarph said:

Omg I just saw on LinkedIn someone got accepted to U of T this week. I didn't think they had started out sending acceptances... im stressed

Do you know which stream?

Just got my acceptance to U of A health policy and management! They sent an email saying to check the application portal but don't actually say in the email whether you've been accepted for those who were wondering.

2 hours ago, Excel725 said:

That's amazing! Congrats! What stats (GPA etc) and experience did you apply with if you don't mind me asking? 

2 hours ago, Mindhunter96 said:

Congratulations! Are u domestic or international student? 

2 hours ago, cheesecakelover said:

OMG congrats!!!! I applied to that stream too! Did you get an email, or was the acceptance of the portal? I haven't gotten any response yet so wondering if I should expect an R ?

Thank you so much! I received the acceptance via email and my status was also updated in the GSMS portal. I am a domestic student and graduated from my BSc in Human Kinetics with a CGPA of 3.2/4.0. I had a 3.9/4.0 GPA in my last 10 most senior-level courses. GPA was definitely not my strong point but I think what supported my application the most was my experience. I've worked in federal drug regulations for the past 3 years and completed an internship as a health promoter at the Heart Institute. Proof that stats aren't everything! Best of luck to all of you!

21 minutes ago, kdf98 said:

Just got my acceptance to U of A health policy and management! They sent an email saying to check the application portal but don't actually say in the email whether you've been accepted for those who were wondering.

Congrats!!! 

23 hours ago, kdf98 said:

Does anyone know when UBC starts sending out decisions? 

Emailed them:

"At the moment, we are still processing the applications. We hope to have the result some time in late April or early May."

34 minutes ago, PumpkinPie101 said:

Emailed them:

"At the moment, we are still processing the applications. We hope to have the result some time in late April or early May."

Oh boy. I feel like I'll lose all of my hair by then 

2 hours ago, PumpkinPie101 said:

Emailed them:

NO WAY why so late? Did you email about master of public health or master of science in population/public health?

6 minutes ago, Mbeeee said:

NO WAY why so late? Did you email about master of public health or master of science in population/public health?

I emailed about "applicants to the MPH program (September 2021 intake)".

1 minute ago, BamDragonMPH said:

You're lucky ? I've been under pre-screening for over a month now 

Im not sure how their method works.. could be based on when applications were submitted? However, I applied to the epidemiology stream at the same time (early December) and im still at pre-screening ?