MPH 2021 Canada

10 minutes ago, hkmph said:

Ya it shows completed. They didnt receiev my refrences at first as teh deadline passed and their portal was having some issues so my refree had to submit a word copy which took a coupel days to update on their application 

Thank you! when did you submit your application?

1 hour ago, 1m26c4u said:

That's a really tough situation to be in. Have you exhausted all of your options (ie., try emailing/calling all of your previous profs you don't think would say yes, explain your situation. I think they will be willing to help?)

All the best!

Edit: also, if it helps, I managed to get a letter from a prof within 12 hours. I emailed him the night before and he submitted it the next morning. I don't know how good that letter was lol but it got the job done. 

As someone who already graduated, it was hard enough getting the references I did lol. But honestly the same referee was able to give me letters for my other applications just fine, so I don't know what happened here. I did ask a Phd student working underneath him directly because I'm that desperate at this point but I don't know if they'll even accept that. They also kept saying referees have 10 days from the point the instructions are sent out to them so I'm pretty sure that request has expired since I applied a month ago, and it was probably out of sight, out of mind for him. Sigh lol. 

40 minutes ago, BoxingAndMPH said:

Thank you! when did you submit your application?

I paid teh fees before teh deadline but the portal didnt accept my application. It officially submitted on Feb 4 and my refernces all were accepted on Feb 9. 

On 2/26/2021 at 11:43 AM, RM-MPH said:

Has anyone heard back from UBC or SFU's MPH programs yet?

Neither, applied to both. I'm streessssin - but nice to hear I'm not the only one getting radio silence from em 

Hi

I have applied to uAlberta’s MSc Epidemiology (Thesis), and my status is still at “Under Review”. Anyone else stuck at this stage?

I have also applied to McMaster’s HRM (Clinical Epidemiology) program. No update yet.

Edited by alphadawg

2 hours ago, alphadawg said:

Hi

I have applied to uAlberta’s MSc Epidemiology (Thesis), and my status is still at “Under Review”. Anyone else stuck at this stage?

I have also applied to McMaster’s HRM (Clinical Epidemiology) program. No update yet.

Mine is still at that stage as well

On 3/1/2021 at 8:18 AM, brzy said:

Hey!

I applied of UofA Global Health and Epidemiology and I cant take the suspense anymore :// I assumed decisions would be out February-ish and then i'd have time to find another option if I was rejected. But here we are and I still don't know if i'm moving across the country in a couple months or not ?  

Interested to hear other applicants and if you guys have any idea of time approx. timeframe we will find out. Good luck!!

Hi!

I totally get where you're coming from lol the wait is driving me crazy and I also need to figure out if I'm moving or not!

Someone in February mentioned that they emailed admissions and they said we'd find out sometime in April unfortunately :( I know in the past responses have gone out in March, so maybe they're just a bit behind this year...

19 minutes ago, LavenderLover said:

Hi!

I totally get where you're coming from lol the wait is driving me crazy and I also need to figure out if I'm moving or not!

Someone in February mentioned that they emailed admissions and they said we'd find out sometime in April unfortunately :( I know in the past responses have gone out in March, so maybe they're just a bit behind this year...

Oh no i'm sorry you're going through the same thing!

I saw that too but I hoped it wasn't true ? I have been contemplating emailing myself but im sure they get hundreds of the same email and I dont want to be that person.. but I also want to know if I should start applying to my backups now.

23 minutes ago, dentaldoc said:

My UofA application still shows Pre-screening come on what going on in there ???

I applied to 2 MPH specializations, one is in pre-screening and one is in under review ?  Which program did you apply to?

3 hours ago, medicallyrelevant said:

Hey everyone! Does anyone know if programs typically send out interviews before they send out acceptances? I applied to Queens and Uottawa and haven't heard anything yet! 

I applied to ottawa and since their application deadline just passed, I don't think we'll hear from them for a while. 

11 hours ago, brzy said:

I applied to 2 MPH specializations, one is in pre-screening and one is in under review ?  Which program did you apply to?

i'm under review for health policy but ive been there for a couple of weeks tho

9 hours ago, cryingstudent said:

i'm under review for health policy but ive been there for a couple of weeks tho

Fair enough, thats where i'm at for Global Health ?

I hope we hear back soon!

52 minutes ago, Mph2021pls said:

Does anyone else’s UBC mph application’s status still just say “submitted”?

Mine says "In progress"! If you click on the Manage button it should say the same thing I think.