MPH 2021 Canada

28 minutes ago, jas98 said:

Hi, does anyone know what happens if one of your references is not submitted by the deadline date? For my uOttawa MPH application due Feb 28th, I have literally everything checked off expect for one of my references is not uploaded, that is why it still says my application is incomplete. I have emailed that professor numerous times over the last month and not received a reply so it's really frustrating. They were also pretty slow at uploading my other letters for my other applications too, so I guess this was expected. Does anyone know what I should do? How many times should I keep emailing him? Will my application not be looked at? Thanks! 

If your professor hasn't gotten back to the emails you've sent him, I think it might be a good idea to get someone else to upload a letter for you if that is possible. This person doesn't necessarily have to be a prof. Imo, if the deadline passes and your referee hasn't uploaded your letter, then the admissions committee may not look at it as it would be considered incomplete. This is a really frustrating situation, but I really hope something works out for you :)

8 hours ago, cheesecakelover said:

If your professor hasn't gotten back to the emails you've sent him, I think it might be a good idea to get someone else to upload a letter for you if that is possible. This person doesn't necessarily have to be a prof. Imo, if the deadline passes and your referee hasn't uploaded your letter, then the admissions committee may not look at it as it would be considered incomplete. This is a really frustrating situation, but I really hope something works out for you :)

I agree - definitely try to get anyone else to submit the letter if you can. Also, follow up with the admin office to ease your worrying; unless it is a required academic reference to meet admission requirements, then I think it might be case dependant on whether they check your profile or not.

4 hours ago, my3420 said:

May be we hear something from next week......But what I wonder most is Alberta was having deadline of 15 december(earliest)....and it will be almost 2 months since that and applications are still pre screening....WTF is happening there....?

I'm gonna be SO disappointed if we don't hear from anyone next week. 

15 hours ago, cheesecakelover said:

I'm gonna be SO disappointed if we don't hear from anyone next week. 

i've been kind of obsessed with this lol but for McGill, it seems like in the previous years the latest people got acceptances was the beginning of March so i feel like if we don't get news this week, it's most likely bad news unfortunately 

2 hours ago, Rachelle99 said:

i've been kind of obsessed with this lol but for McGill, it seems like in the previous years the latest people got acceptances was the beginning of March so i feel like if we don't get news this week, it's most likely bad news unfortunately 

I had the same thought in mind regarding getting bad news in the coming weeks from McGill :( Trying to stay hopeful that I get at least one acceptance but let's see ?

Hey!

I applied of UofA Global Health and Epidemiology and I cant take the suspense anymore :// I assumed decisions would be out February-ish and then i'd have time to find another option if I was rejected. But here we are and I still don't know if i'm moving across the country in a couple months or not ?  

Interested to hear other applicants and if you guys have any idea of time approx. timeframe we will find out. Good luck!!

On 2/27/2021 at 12:17 AM, jas98 said:

Hi, does anyone know what happens if one of your references is not submitted by the deadline date? For my uOttawa MPH application due Feb 28th, I have literally everything checked off expect for one of my references is not uploaded, that is why it still says my application is incomplete. I have emailed that professor numerous times over the last month and not received a reply so it's really frustrating. They were also pretty slow at uploading my other letters for my other applications too, so I guess this was expected. Does anyone know what I should do? How many times should I keep emailing him? Will my application not be looked at? Thanks! 

Were you able to get this sorted out? 

On 2/27/2021 at 9:38 PM, my3420 said:

May be we hear something from next week......But what I wonder most is Alberta was having deadline of 15 december(earliest)....and it will be almost 2 months since that and applications are still pre screening....WTF is happening there....?

I'm actually losing my mind waiting for a response from UAlberta and SFU

5 hours ago, Excel725 said:

Were you able to get this sorted out? 

Nope and I'm getting more and more frustrated by the minute. Literally spent my whole day at work today emailing back and forth with uOttawa's graduate admissions department. Since a new person kept responding to my emails, I kept getting different advice. What's frustrating me is they keep saying I have to figure this out on my own by getting another referee or else they will not look at an incomplete application due to their competition. It's like if I had another referee you don't think I would've used them by now?! And what professor is willing to write a letter on such short notice anyways. I was disheartened that they replied like this and honestly don't have any hope for myself now lol. Don't understand what happened to my prof but he just cost me a $125 fee. At this point I'm just telling myself I wouldn't have got in anyways so what's the point. 

45 minutes ago, jas98 said:

Nope and I'm getting more and more frustrated by the minute. Literally spent my whole day at work today emailing back and forth with uOttawa's graduate admissions department. Since a new person kept responding to my emails, I kept getting different advice. What's frustrating me is they keep saying I have to figure this out on my own by getting another referee or else they will not look at an incomplete application due to their competition. It's like if I had another referee you don't think I would've used them by now?! And what professor is willing to write a letter on such short notice anyways. I was disheartened that they replied like this and honestly don't have any hope for myself now lol. Don't understand what happened to my prof but he just cost me a $125 fee. At this point I'm just telling myself I wouldn't have got in anyways so what's the point. 

That's a really tough situation to be in. Have you exhausted all of your options (ie., try emailing/calling all of your previous profs you don't think would say yes, explain your situation. I think they will be willing to help?)

All the best!

Edit: also, if it helps, I managed to get a letter from a prof within 12 hours. I emailed him the night before and he submitted it the next morning. I don't know how good that letter was lol but it got the job done. 

Edited by 1m26c4u

54 minutes ago, hkmph said:

Did anyone hear back from UofT, Mcmaster or Queens yet? 

nothing yet ? 

Does your McMaster show 'complete' or 'incomplete' on the top of the application? Mine still says incomplete so i guess i gotta wait

45 minutes ago, Mbeeee said:

I’ve applied! No word yet..

I wonder if I should email the department program coordinator. I think I’ll just wait till mid March. Fingers crossed. Good luck to you! Hopefully we can both get in :) 

Just now, MSc2021 said:

I wonder if I should email the department program coordinator. I think I’ll just wait till mid March. Fingers crossed. Good luck to you! Hopefully we can both get in :) 

My fingers are crossed for you! Keep each other posted. ☺️

12 minutes ago, Mbeeee said:

My fingers are crossed for you! Keep each other posted. ☺️

I know someone who is in the program now. They told me they heard back on March 6 and their friend heard back a day or two before- This was in 2019. So it might be this week. 

5 minutes ago, MSc2021 said:

I know someone who is in the program now. They told me they heard back on March 6 and their friend heard back a day or two before- This was in 2019. So it might be this week. 

Yeah I’ve been hardcore creeping the acceptance dates on the forum from previous years. We should hear soon!

1 hour ago, BoxingAndMPH said:

nothing yet ? 

Does your McMaster show 'complete' or 'incomplete' on the top of the application? Mine still says incomplete so i guess i gotta wait

Ya it shows completed. They didnt receiev my refrences at first as teh deadline passed and their portal was having some issues so my refree had to submit a word copy which took a coupel days to update on their application