MPH 2021 Canada

7 hours ago, LindaZhou said:

Yeah I received that email as well.

Hey so I have applied to Queens MPH and I don't think I received any email like this after submitting my application. All I did was go on Acorn and pay $15 for the e-transcript to be sent to myself, then uploaded that as part of my application. After that it was noted as received, along with my other documents and I didn't email it over to anyone. Sorry I'm just a bit confused since I went to UofT too. 

36 minutes ago, jas98 said:

Hey so I have applied to Queens MPH and I don't think I received any email like this after submitting my application. All I did was go on Acorn and pay $15 for the e-transcript to be sent to myself, then uploaded that as part of my application. After that it was noted as received, along with my other documents and I didn't email it over to anyone. Sorry I'm just a bit confused since I went to UofT too. 

So for my application I just uploaded the PDF form of my academic history directly from Acorn, Queen’s then sent me an email saying that it is not accepted. So then I arranged for UofT to directly send the official transcript to Queen’s.

Edited by LindaZhou

Just now, LindaZhou said:

So for my application I just downloaded the PDF form of my academic history directly from Acorn, so Queen’s sent me an email saying that it is not accepted. So then I arranged for UofT to directly send the official transcript to Queen’s.

Ok so you still paid the $15 for the e-transcript right? My application says all documents are received so I just want to make sure I did the right one. I'm assuming since I uploaded it myself and it was the official one and not the academic history, that I didn't have to request UofT to send it to Queen's? Idk lol 

11 hours ago, MPHepiHopeful2021 said:

Hey everyone, hope everyone's application has gone well! 

I had a question regarding the MPH application for Queen's program. Under the application process, it asks about relevant skills and abilities under the resume portion. How have others gone about formatting this? Any help would be appreciated as I was expecting them to just require a CV/Resume that is uploaded.

Thanks! 

Hey! It was so hard to keep that part under the 2000 character limit. But I basically used three headings: Employment, Volunteering and Awards/Certifications. I added a brief description of my role for each position under the heading. I didn't make an Education section, because they already asked us for our academic background. I also omitted any work/volunteering that wasn't public health related since I didn't have space. 

Edited by coconuthead

18 hours ago, MPHepiHopeful2021 said:

Do you know if all references are due with the submission date or if the deadline for reference submissions is later?

They said they allow a couple weeks for all the documents to come in. Still waiting on one of my references too. 

To all of my fellow UofT students, I have a question. I just realized that I uploaded an unofficial transcript to McMaster without my student number (transcript downloaded directly from Acorn). I then sent an Email to McMaster with my official transcript, should I be worried?

Edited by LindaZhou

On 2/1/2021 at 12:39 PM, LindaZhou said:

To all of my fellow UofT students, I have a question. I just realized that I uploaded an unofficial transcript to McMaster without my student number (transcript downloaded directly from Acorn). I then sent an Email to McMaster with my official transcript, should I be worried?

Hey! Did you email them? I think it should be okay since your official transcript will be the same as your unofficial in terms of the information and its not like you forgot to upload a transcript. 

3 hours ago, Excel725 said:

Hey! Did you email them? I think it should be okay since your official transcript will be the same as your unofficial in terms of the information and its not like you forgot to upload a transcript. 

Yeah I emailed them with my official transcript. Because on their website they mentioned that a unofficial transcript can only be accepted if it shows your student number and program of study.

2 hours ago, Excel725 said:

How was your interview? :)

I think it went well! I probably got out around 60% of the content that I rehearsed and wanted to get out, unfortunately. However, they asked program-specific on the spot questions about how things are made, that I think I actually nailed! It was really relaxed and casual.

Just now, Drewwerd said:

I think it went well! I probably got out around 60% of the content that I rehearsed and wanted to get out, unfortunately. However, they asked program-specific on the spot questions about how things are made, that I think I actually nailed! It was really relaxed and casual.

Yay! I'm sure you killed it! When do you hear back? 

12 hours ago, Excel725 said:

Yay!!! What educational background and experiences are you applying to UofT's Epi program with? :)

Hi, so I am currently a fourth year UofT neuroscience student. My cGPA is 3.48 and my most current 10 3rd and 4th year GPA is 3.93. I am currently a work-study research assistant in Dalla Lana working on a COVID-19 antibody prevalence study (that is my only public health related experience). I also had two other research experience in a neurosicence and drosophila lab. In terms of volunteering, I had serve as a courier for PPE and sending them to long-term care homes across the GTA during the pandemic. For LOR, one of my reference letter comes from my PI in Dalla Lana and another one comes from my professor in a dentistry class I took this year. How about you?

Edited by LindaZhou

Hey all!! I have applied to UFT, Queens, Ottawa, Mcmaster, Guelph and Waterloo. I have an interview for Toronto's MPH (Occupational and Environmental Health) program coming up soon.

I was wondering if any one who has done the interview could provide any insight on the interview questions or ways to prepare. I'm wondering if they ask just non technical questions or would they also test your subject knowledge on the matter as well :)

Thanks in advance!!

I really don't know why the Canadian universities are so complicated in their process, it's so disappointing that it's harder to join a decent Masters program in a Canadian university than the same in an American or an UK university!

after all, in the Covid-19 situation -as an example- we see that the American and the UK universities -and their graduates- helped the humanity much more than the Canadian universities! 

Hey everyone! 

My application status to McGill's MScPH program recently updated from "submitted" to "In Review". I was wondering if anyone had any idea how long it'll take before a decision is made? I applied pretty early in December. 

Thanks! 

3 hours ago, RM-MPH said:

Hey everyone! 

My application status to McGill's MScPH program recently updated from "submitted" to "In Review". I was wondering if anyone had any idea how long it'll take before a decision is made? I applied pretty early in December. 

Thanks! 

It's almost mid-Feb and I think some universities will start sending decisions in 2-3 weeks. I'm getting SO nervous!

On 2/2/2021 at 6:54 PM, LindaZhou said:

Yeah I emailed them with my official transcript. Because on their website they mentioned that a unofficial transcript can only be accepted if it shows your student number and program of study.

Hey! I'm a Mac student (BSc) and im applying for grad here too - unofficial is totally fine - all of the programs I've applied for have let me know that unofficial is fine and they only need official documents once you are officially finished your degree and are accepted. Hope this helps!