MPH 2021 Canada

16 hours ago, Shwemih said:

I am at pre screening too eh! My last referee submitted the reference by 5th Dec. It is for Health promotion distance learning. I think we will start getting responses by mid to late March. I checked last year thread and maybe UoA sends invites to Health policy and then epidemiology then health promotion and global health but I may be wrong lol

My application is finally under review ? Good luck!! Do you know if that order applies to both the MPH and MSc at U of A?

Has anyone else applied to a MSc at U of A and heard back? 

5 minutes ago, Excel725 said:

Anyone hear back from UofT (Epi), Mcmaster, Queens, Western, UOttawa, Guelph, or Waterloo for MPH? ?

I've applied to all of those and haven't heard back from any :( UOttawa may take longer though because the deadline was late feb. 

Just now, coconuthead said:

I've applied to all of those and haven't heard back from any :( UOttawa may take longer though because the deadline was late feb. 

The wait is so annoying ? What stats (GPA etc.) and experiences are you applying with if you don't mind me asking?

42 minutes ago, Excel725 said:

Anyone hear back from UofT (Epi), Mcmaster, Queens, Western, UOttawa, Guelph, or Waterloo for MPH? ?

Those who applied to guelph what is your application status showing? Mine still shows all documents received.

For anyone who applied to McMaster or Waterloo @Excel725

I sent an email to both of these programs asking for an update on when we can expect to hear back just because I've gotten some other offers from different programs and I wanted to know if I should ask for decision deadline extensions (I know all the supervisors personally so I don't want to accept and then let them down later) and they have both responded back to me this morning.  

Mac: Late this week - early next week decisions are going out. 

Waterloo: They have more than 500 applicants who met the minimum requirements (more than they usually have) so they said that this year will be delayed but they still expect decisions to be out by the end of March, latest. 

I hope this helps!!! 

1 hour ago, Excel725 said:

The wait is so annoying ? What stats (GPA etc.) and experiences are you applying with if you don't mind me asking?

No problem! My grades are on the lower side. Cumulative ave: 78%. 2 year average: 81%. Stats pre-req: 89%. 

ECs: 

2 years of working at Psychological Services/mental health assistant at my university, 1.5 years as a pharmacy assistant at local pharmacy, Summer clinical research volunteer at local diabetes clinic, Summer research assistant at hospital, Summer working for a rural education project in China, project on T2D prevalence for immigrants coming to Canada. 

Don't have any publications. As a recent grad, it's really been hard finding public health related experience during the pandemic :( 

Top choice is UofT, but I heard they are GPA heavy. I would also love to go to Queen's (rival school hahah) but I'd be thankful if I got accepted anywhere. 

Hbu?

30 minutes ago, coconuthead said:

No problem! My grades are on the lower side. Cumulative ave: 78%. 2 year average: 81%. Stats pre-req: 89%. 

ECs: 

2 years of working at Psychological Services/mental health assistant at my university, 1.5 years as a pharmacy assistant at local pharmacy, Summer clinical research volunteer at local diabetes clinic, Summer research assistant at hospital, Summer working for a rural education project in China, project on T2D prevalence for immigrants coming to Canada. 

Don't have any publications. As a recent grad, it's really been hard finding public health related experience during the pandemic :( 

Top choice is UofT, but I heard they are GPA heavy. I would also love to go to Queen's (rival school hahah) but I'd be thankful if I got accepted anywhere. 

Hbu?

Wishing you the best of luck, fingers crossed!!! :)My GPA is around 3.7. I have 1.5 years of FT experience working in research at TGH (two publications in the work). 2 years of experience working with the autism population. 4 months of research at UofT's OISE. Top choice is UofT as well. 

10 minutes ago, gbabs said:

Just got rejected from McGill :( 

So sorry to hear! Hoping you hear good news from the others schools you applied to! If you don't mind me asking, what were your stats (GPA etc.) + experiences that you applied to McGill with? 

13 minutes ago, Excel725 said:

Wishing you the best of luck, fingers crossed!!! :)My GPA is around 3.7. I have 1.5 years of FT experience working in research at TGH (two publications in the work). 2 years of experience working with the autism population. 4 months of research at UofT's OISE. Top choice is UofT as well. 

Your stats look impressive! Good luck on your apps as well!!! :) Hope we hear from them soon. 

3 hours ago, GingerDwight said:

For anyone who applied to McMaster or Waterloo @Excel725

I sent an email to both of these programs asking for an update on when we can expect to hear back just because I've gotten some other offers from different programs and I wanted to know if I should ask for decision deadline extensions (I know all the supervisors personally so I don't want to accept and then let them down later) and they have both responded back to me this morning.  

Mac: Late this week - early next week decisions are going out. 

Waterloo: They have more than 500 applicants who met the minimum requirements (more than they usually have) so they said that this year will be delayed but they still expect decisions to be out by the end of March, latest. 

I hope this helps!!! 

Totally! Thank youuu :) Getting a bit nervous now aha

3 hours ago, gbabs said:

Just got rejected from McGill :( 

I’m so sorry ? I’m sure better things await, stay strong!  It’s been a really competitive year as so many people are applying to grad programs this cycle, so I hope you don’t get too down ❤️ good luck with your other apps!!