MPH 2021 Canada

35 minutes ago, jonjonjon said:

I did! I was accepted yesterday. Have you heard back?

I also haven’t seen others post about this, but I also got accepted to Brock MA (Applied Health Sciences - Community Health stream) and Carleton MSc in Health (STP), although these are probably less competitive?

Waiting to hear back from McMaster, UBC, and UofT (health promo) like others.

Congratulations! I have not. When did you apply for the MSc program? I applied early January like the first week I think.

3 minutes ago, Drewwerd said:

Does anyone know the class size for UBC's MSC in Occupational and Environmental Health?

All of UBC's graduate programs have admissions statistics that you can read here: https://www.grad.ubc.ca/prospective-students/graduate-degree-programs/master-of-science-occupational-environmental-hygiene.

It would appear that the class size is between 8-12 each year, out of 30-50 applicants.

image.png

7 hours ago, Braki said:

Hello! Even though they don't have particular branches, I would say yes, you can definitely focus your program towards a particular sub-field. UBC is particularly strong on the epi side of things so that might suit you quite well!

That's good to know! Thanks so much!

40 minutes ago, elboujee said:

I was accepted into UBC's MPH yesterday (March 11th). Still waiting to hear back from UofT, McGill, and McMaster!

I'm an Ontario resident, if that matters...? Idk. Deadline for my decision @ UBC is April 2nd.

Congrats!!!Could you please share your STAT?

Edited by Gemini Ma

2 minutes ago, Gemini Ma said:

Could you please share your STAT?

I have a B.Sc.(Hons) in Chemistry from MUN. I did research in synthetic organic chemistry for 2 years and worked on developing a new polymer for coating biomedical implants. cGPA is 3.3, but 3.8 GPA across last 2 years of undergrad. 

I worked for Search & Rescue with the Coast Guard in BC for 4 summers throughout undergrad. Worked on natural disaster/emergency response projects in that role as well. I've been a clinical volunteer in a big hospital downtown Toronto for the past 3 years, taking additional med-related courses (X6, 4.0 GPA) on the side. Doing COVID screening in another large hospital now. Tons of experience in the trenches of customer service as well, mostly from bartending in the Toronto night-life industry (when the city isn't in lockdown lol). I'm 26 years old. 

1 hour ago, elboujee said:

I was accepted into UBC's MPH yesterday (March 11th). Still waiting to hear back from UofT, McGill, and McMaster!

I'm an Ontario resident, if that matters...? Idk. Deadline for my decision @ UBC is April 2nd.

That's amazing.. Congratulations! 

Just came across this forum!

Got accepted into UofT's OEH stream and just got an email stating I will be recommended to McGill's MScPH. Waiting to hear back from uOttawa Global Health MPH. 

Stats: BSc Biomedical Science with a GPA of 3.83, 1 year research experience and 1 year volunteer experience. Finishing my undergrad this semester. 

Deadline to accept is March 17 for UofT and March 31 for McGill. 

hope that was helpful!

Edited by cryingstudent2021

I emailed Mac and they said they're still going through applications. My application status was changed to 'complete' just yesterday even though I applied in early Jan.

20 hours ago, Excel725 said:

Which stream did you apply to? The epi stream is sending out letters starting mid-April! 

I applied to epi... can I ask how you know? like did you email them?

7 minutes ago, heythere313 said:

I emailed Mac and they said they're still going through applications. My application status was changed to 'complete' just yesterday even though I applied in early Jan.

Do you know when Mac  will make a decision? I heard next week 

11 minutes ago, heythere313 said:

I emailed them! :)

1 hour ago, 1m26c4u said:

Has anyone heard back from UofT for health promo? my application has been under review since late Jan/early Feb ?

I'm pretty sure the website says offers go out late March to June, so I'm not expecting to hear back anytime soon.

7 minutes ago, moonjar said:

I'm pretty sure the website says offers go out late March to June, so I'm not expecting to hear back anytime soon.

siiiiiigh. thanks!

For UBC MPH applicants: Is anyone's status anything other than Submitted [if not accepted yet]? I'm not sure if it should say Under Review or anything like that. 

1 hour ago, stryder said:

For UBC MPH applicants: Is anyone's status anything other than Submitted [if not accepted yet]? I'm not sure if it should say Under Review or anything like that. 

Mine says "submitted" as well.