MPH 2021 Canada

16 hours ago, IFKINA said:

I'm a Canadian applicant who applied to both US and Canadian programs this cycle - heard back from all US schools but still waiting on UBC and UT.

I'm tired of waiting, I just want to make a decision already ?

I hear you my friend, I have the same experience !

I applied for US, UK and Canadian Programs , I heard from US & UK universities but not for the Canadian ones (I got accepted at Stanford, Oxford and Imperial College) but still didn't hear from any Canadian Uni.

16 hours ago, IFKINA said:

I'm a Canadian applicant who applied to both US and Canadian programs this cycle - heard back from all US schools but still waiting on UBC and UT.

I'm tired of waiting, I just want to make a decision already ?

Congrats on hearing from the US schools! I am thinking to apply to some US schools as well just in case. May I ask which programs have you applied to in the US and are they online or in-person? 

5 hours ago, medicallyrelevant said:

Congrats on hearing from the US schools! I am thinking to apply to some US schools as well just in case. May I ask which programs have you applied to in the US and are they online or in-person? 

I applied to way too many lol - Johns Hopkins, Brown, Boston U, NYU, Columbia. (Though the US have many great schools, I'd love to go to a Canadian school since the tuition is wayyyy cheaper) 

I believe that they are giving both in-person and online options ! 

17 hours ago, medicallyrelevant said:

Thanks a lot :)

For US I applied for MSc Community Health and Prevention Research at Stanford, Master of Public Health Johns Hopkins .. both are full time onsite and I got accepted by both.

Regarding UK , MPH Imperial College & MSc in Global Health Science and Epidemiology from University of Oxford, again both are full time onsite and I've been accepted .

I just feel some bitterness that I didn't receive any reply yet from Canadian Universities, I think they should reconsider the whole process either the selecting criteria or the timelines itself, specially with the new era we are living at.

Hey, has anyone heard from Brock recently regarding when decisions will come out? A couple weeks ago I was told portals would be updated 4 weeks from the deadline, which would be today, but i'm just wondering if anyone heard anything different?

30 minutes ago, oxla said:

Hey, has anyone heard from Brock recently regarding when decisions will come out? A couple weeks ago I was told portals would be updated 4 weeks from the deadline, which would be today, but i'm just wondering if anyone heard anything different?

Hey! I'm also waiting to hear from Brock. Someone posted last week:

On 3/9/2021 at 4:13 PM, corgi321 said:

If anyone is wondering about Brock, admissions are going out "end of March/first week of April at the latest"

I hope this isn't delayed any further. I don't think I can wait much longer lol ?

17 minutes ago, LavenderLover said:

Hey! I'm also waiting to hear from Brock. Someone posted last week:

I hope this isn't delayed any further. I don't think I can wait much longer lol ?

Yup, that response I got was straight from the program coordinator who said decision will be then so it looks like we're gonna have to wait another 2 weeks at the maximum unfortunately....sucks because Brock is the only school I applied to so the wait is torturous 

4 minutes ago, corgi321 said:

Yup, that response I got was straight from the program coordinator who said decision will be then so it looks like we're gonna have to wait another 2 weeks at the maximum unfortunately....sucks because Brock is the only school I applied to so the wait is torturous 

hope you will receive good news! But why don't you apply other schools as your backup?

Just now, Gemini Ma said:

hope you will receive good news! But why don't you apply other schools as your backup?

One year program was a must for me due to having other plans for the 2022-2023 school year so my choices were down to Brock & Western, and I had some doubts about being able to afford Western's program (especially bc I'd need to move to London so adding accommodations in) so Brock ended up being the only program that checked all the boxes for my situation 

Although I am looking into other similar one year programs at other schools just in case but I haven't found anything that's really caught my eye so far...fingers crossed for Brock tho

8 minutes ago, corgi321 said:

One year program was a must for me due to having other plans for the 2022-2023 school year so my choices were down to Brock & Western, and I had some doubts about being able to afford Western's program (especially bc I'd need to move to London so adding accommodations in) so Brock ended up being the only program that checked all the boxes for my situation 

Although I am looking into other similar one year programs at other schools just in case but I haven't found anything that's really caught my eye so far...fingers crossed for Brock tho

Every thing will be okey!Good luck,bro.

On 3/11/2021 at 12:59 PM, Braki said:

Hello! Even though they don't have particular branches, I would say yes, you can definitely focus your program towards a particular sub-field. UBC is particularly strong on the epi side of things so that might suit you quite well!

Hi, I'm also wondering if you've had your practicum yet. Do you know if we need to find supervisor and agency ourselves or is it kind of designated?

Thanks!

32 minutes ago, SpringinMay said:

Hi, I'm also wondering if you've had your practicum yet. Do you know if we need to find supervisor and agency ourselves or is it kind of designated?

Thanks!

I haven't completed my practicum but have everything lined up to start it this summer. You are responsible for finding a supervisor, which I see as a freedom! You can choose to complete your practicum wherever you'd like (within reason). There is a practicum director and lots of support staff to help steer you along the way though and I find them very helpful.
Hope that helps!

4 hours ago, Braki said:

I haven't completed my practicum but have everything lined up to start it this summer. You are responsible for finding a supervisor, which I see as a freedom! You can choose to complete your practicum wherever you'd like (within reason). There is a practicum director and lots of support staff to help steer you along the way though and I find them very helpful.
Hope that helps!

Thanks so much! I'm glad there're supports for the practicum. It really helps!