MPH 2021 Canada

Just got off the phone with Waterloo - they are SO nice, I just asked if they could give me any info on my status because I have a deadline in a few days to respond to a different program and she told me that the first offer did already go out, and that because they had over 600 applicants there were super overwhelmed and might have to create more spaces in the program.

She told me that after the first round (and responses) they made a waitlist which I am on, she said I wasn't denied which is good and that looking at my application and stats, had I applied any other year I would have been in the first round of offers. She couldn't tell me where exactly I was on the list but that I should expect to hear back over the next couple of weeks. 

For reference, my stats: 3.9 GPA last two years, b+ in stats, 2 first-author publications (in undergrad journals - topics: history of vaccine hesitancy and bioethical concerns of gene editing), TA (1 year) in science communication, and RA (1 year) in knowledge translation - research project was around public health policy development + implementation, and some extracurricular work with the university academic journals. 

6 minutes ago, GingerDwight said:

Just got off the phone with Waterloo - they are SO nice, I just asked if they could give me any info on my status because I have a deadline in a few days to respond to a different program and she told me that the first offer did already go out, and that because they had over 600 applicants there were super overwhelmed and might have to create more spaces in the program.

She told me that after the first round (and responses) they made a waitlist which I am on, she said I wasn't denied which is good and that looking at my application and stats, had I applied any other year I would have been in the first round of offers. She couldn't tell me where exactly I was on the list but that I should expect to hear back over the next couple of weeks. 

For reference, my stats: 3.9 GPA last two years, b+ in stats, 2 first-author publications (in undergrad journals - topics: history of vaccine hesitancy and bioethical concerns of gene editing), TA (1 year) in science communication, and RA (1 year) in knowledge translation - research project was around public health policy development + implementation, and some extracurricular work with the university academic journals. 

Which number did you use to contact? 

9 minutes ago, GingerDwight said:

Thanks for the updates!! Which program did you apply for?

58 minutes ago, GingerDwight said:

I called Waterloo as well and they told me no decision has been made about me yet, do you know if that means that I'm waitlisted too as they've already sent out their first round of responses?

Edited by Maha M