MPH 2021 Canada

5 hours ago, nootnoot said:

Does anyone have any insights on the stats of Western MPH admits? Also has anyone heard about the UoG Msc in population health (public health stream)? I’m considering applying but i feel like there’s not a ton of information online

I'm waiting on Western still! The website says April-August, though some people have gotten offers.

Also!!!! I applied to that exact program and stream and there's literally no info online! I'm still waiting on decisions but the prof I was in contact with seemed really excited about working together. So currently, I have no actual information on the program besides being super excited about possibly being accepted

4 hours ago, minniexo_ said:

what's your stats?

hey!! for stats do you just mean grades? my overall average is around an 88 i think and the average of my last 1/2 years is around a 94 (something like that -- the numbers might be a little off though since i haven't recalculated it recently haha)

feel free to lmk if you'd like any more info!! :)

2 minutes ago, Natasha7 said:

what are your stats if you don’t mind me asking?

my last two years is 3.5, so a lot lower than everyone on here ... I had no idea these programs were this crazy competitive and don't think I have a  shot anymore TBH. What are yours? 

Just now, bbj said:

my last two years is 3.5, so a lot lower than everyone on here ... I had no idea these programs were this crazy competitive and don't think I have a  shot anymore TBH. What are yours? 

is your cGPA better? My last two years are 3.74!

Congrats to everyone who's heard good news today and best of luck to those who are still waiting!

I'm wondering if anyone here has also applied for OGS? Are we expected to accept an offer before knowing whether or not we were selected for a scholarship? I'd be happy to go to any of the schools that I applied/got accepted to and my expectations aren't high anyways, but ngl I'd be pretty gutted if I found out I could've gotten financial support at another school. Wish they notified at the same time as the offer of admission ?

1 minute ago, bbj said:

Also, what schools and programs did you apply to? I wouldn’t lose hope yet!

38 minutes ago, Natasha7 said:

What are your stats and experiences if you don’t mind sharing? And which schools did you apply to?

I did my undergrad at Guelph and got a BAS in biology and psychology. I did a science communication research project after graduation with one of my old profs. I'm currently a content review and science communication manager for a youth-led public health organization on Instagram and I've been doing that since last June. No journal pubs or anything like that

My cumulative GPA suffered big time from my crappy first year ? Definitely you can see the uphill climb in my transcript lol but finished off pretty strong in my last two years. At least, I thought it was strong until I read everyone else's stats! I applied to Guelph (MSc Population Health) and Western MPH. I'm throwing in another application to UOIT (MPH) since I just learned their deadline is extended to May 1st. My first choice is definitely Guelph though, because the professor I was speaking to was really excited to work with me! Hoping that pulls me through lmao

25 minutes ago, crustbox3000 said:

I did my undergrad at Guelph and got a BAS in biology and psychology. I did a science communication research project after graduation with one of my old profs. I'm currently a content review and science communication manager for a youth-led public health organization on Instagram and I've been doing that since last June. No journal pubs or anything like that

My cumulative GPA suffered big time from my crappy first year ? Definitely you can see the uphill climb in my transcript lol but finished off pretty strong in my last two years. At least, I thought it was strong until I read everyone else's stats! I applied to Guelph (MSc Population Health) and Western MPH. I'm throwing in another application to UOIT (MPH) since I just learned their deadline is extended to May 1st. My first choice is definitely Guelph though, because the professor I was speaking to was really excited to work with me! Hoping that pulls me through lmao

I didn’t even know UOIT had an MPH program! Good luck!!!

3 hours ago, heyitsme12 said:

congratulations!! would you be able to share your stats if you don't mind? Thanks!

Thank-you!

I applied for the distance learning/part time option. As far as my stats go, I completed two Bachelor degrees - one in Biochemistry with a 3.0 GPA and afterwards a Bachelor of Technology in Environmental Health with an 85% GPA (only a two year program). I obtained a Certificate in Public Health Inspection  and have been working as an Environmental Health Officer for the past 3 years for a local health authority. Since the pandemic began, I have been heavily involved in contact tracing and performing covid-based inspections of various facilities. I do not have any research experience but I have gathered over 150 volunteer hours at two different hospitals. I had references from a manager and supervisor at my public health unit and one reference from a professor. Hope that helps!

Edited by Vlaz