MPH 2021 Canada

On 4/2/2021 at 12:36 AM, SparklersG said:

Hey I'm on the waitlist as well, I haven't received any response yet. ?

I got this response from Mac "Your application was considered to be strong, but due to the large number of applicants this year, we are not yet able to offer you a position in the program. You will be placed on a waitlist and you will hear whether or not we can make an offer sometime before the end of July 2021."

11 hours ago, rko said:

I got this response from Mac "Your application was considered to be strong, but due to the large number of applicants this year, we are not yet able to offer you a position in the program. You will be placed on a waitlist and you will hear whether or not we can make an offer sometime before the end of July 2021."

same...

12 hours ago, rko said:

Ok same, I wasn't sure if anyone on the waitlist had got into the program tho. 

16 hours ago, walkingandchewinggum said:

Did anyone apply to or consider LSHTM for public health? Considering U of T vs LSHTM. 

I applied and was accepted to LSHTM! So far in Canada I've been rejected by UBC but am waiting on UofT MPH (health promotion) and Mac Global Health

17 hours ago, walkingandchewinggum said:

Did anyone apply to or consider LSHTM for public health? Considering U of T vs LSHTM. 

Hey! Are you domestic? (In Canada?) I’ve been looking into LSHTM but haven’t applied yet.... I wasn’t sure how recognized it was - feel free to pm me! 

34 minutes ago, gsci99 said:

I applied and was accepted to LSHTM! So far in Canada I've been rejected by UBC but am waiting on UofT MPH (health promotion) and Mac Global Health

Did you apply for the MSc Public Health at LSHTM? I am considering applying there too -- do you mind sharing your stats?

19 minutes ago, moonjar said:

Did you apply for the MSc Public Health at LSHTM? I am considering applying there too -- do you mind sharing your stats?

I applied to the MSc program - Public Health at UW. Still waiting to hear back. Did anyone else apply?

15 minutes ago, moonjar said:

Yes! And sure - I am in my fourth year of undergrad with a cumulative GPA of ~3.87 (~3.9 for last 2 years) in a science program. I am minoring in Global Development Studies so I have some good critical thinking/writing skills. A in stats/A+ in epidemiology. I applied to LSHTM with one first-person publication and I have one more under review. I am the head of a student-run registered charity that works with youth locally, nationally and internationally through peer health education programs to promote health, youth empowerment and leadership. I am also a part of a global health research lab at my uni where I have done qualitative and mixed-methods research on the role of UN peacekeepers in the cholera outbreak in Haiti in 2010 and local perceptions of women and girls in the Democratic Republic of Congo on sexual exploitation and abuse by UN peacekeepers. I am also part of a community-based participatory research group focused on Indigenous health and the prevention of type-2 diabetes and am currently completing my undergraduate thesis on the use of social media as a tool for the promotion of wholistic wellness in a First Nations community. Various other small volunteering jobs/customer service work but that's about it!

Just now, gsci99 said:

Yes! And sure - I am in my fourth year of undergrad with a cumulative GPA of ~3.87 (~3.9 for last 2 years) in a science program. I am minoring in Global Development Studies so I have some good critical thinking/writing skills. A in stats/A+ in epidemiology. I applied to LSHTM with one first-person publication and I have one more under review. I am the head of a student-run registered charity that works with youth locally, nationally and internationally through peer health education programs to promote health, youth empowerment and leadership. I am also a part of a global health research lab at my uni where I have done qualitative and mixed-methods research on the role of UN peacekeepers in the cholera outbreak in Haiti in 2010 and local perceptions of women and girls in the Democratic Republic of Congo on sexual exploitation and abuse by UN peacekeepers. I am also part of a community-based participatory research group focused on Indigenous health and the prevention of type-2 diabetes and am currently completing my undergraduate thesis on the use of social media as a tool for the promotion of wholistic wellness in a First Nations community. Various other small volunteering jobs/customer service work but that's about it!

really great experience! goodluck with your uoft application

3 minutes ago, gsci99 said:

Wow sounds amazing! I'm also in my fourth year of undergrad, where are you completing yours (if you dont mind sharing)? Also congrats on your LSHTM acceptance and good luck with UofT and Mac!!!

22 minutes ago, moonjar said:

Wow sounds amazing! I'm also in my fourth year of undergrad, where are you completing yours (if you dont mind sharing)? Also congrats on your LSHTM acceptance and good luck with UofT and Mac!!!

I go to Queen's! And thank you, good luck with your applications as well!

16 hours ago, potentialgradstudent7 said:

anyone still waiting to hear from McGill? is a rejection guaranteed at this point?

I emailed them a week or two ago and got a rejection the next day lol. So maybe you could email and ask for an update as well. Hopefully you get better news!

Hey everyone! I'm an international student from India and have completed my Bachelors in Occupational Therapy. I've applied to University of Saskatchewan for the Master in Public Health (course-based) program for Fall 2021 but still haven't heard back from them. Has anyone else also applied for it and/or have gotten any response from them?

Also I wanted to know if pursuing masters in Public Health is a good idea as an international student and how are the future prospects for it? 

Any response will be appreciated. Thank you!

I’ve been a silent lurker for the last couple of months. For anyone that has applied to uwaterloo, I just spoke with Michelle (MPH coordinator) and she said they have just sent some rejections and admissions and will continue to send in rounds. She said that the program has 40 spots and they will not be making anymore space. The waiting game should end before the month of April. OMG. I cannot wait that long.