Fall 2021 Social & Personality PhD

aurorma

7 hours ago, gradinternstudent said:

Any updates at this point?? Still trying to remain hopeful, despite almost entering February...

I also haven't heard anything. I wish I knew if people who were invited by this program just aren't on here or if they haven't actually sent anything out yet. ? 

3 hours ago, ap94 said:

Hi! Has anyone heard from University of Chicago (formally or informally)? They seem to be one of the programs which no one is sure about?

I applied to the developmental area at UChicago and heard nothing from them except a mass email that was sent on December saying that decisions will be made in March. 

17 minutes ago, Monkeybug said:

I applied to the developmental area at UChicago and heard nothing from them except a mass email that was sent on December saying that decisions will be made in March. 

Same! I applied to the developmental area too. I thought they would have sent something out by now since we're in February. Fingers crossed :)

8 hours ago, socialpsychnerd said:

I emailed UC Irvine, and they said that the first round of admissions offers have been made, and they hope to make decisions by late March/early April.

Which UCI Ph.D. program did you apply to? 

On 1/25/2021 at 1:18 PM, SocialPsychologyuuuuu said:

I think the acceptances are just trolls. I actually haven't seen any interview invites, so hoping they just wanted to wait for after the weekend...

We have sent out an acceptance or two, having made our "decisions" this week. Often people who are admitted to one program are admitted to many, and while they make their decisions, people who are dependent upon them must wait.

I do encourage anyone with more than one acceptance to act as quickly as possible. Do NOT treat an admission as if it were your possession--if you are ultimately not going to accept admission, you are literally holding on to someone else's life.

Work as quickly as you can.

18 hours ago, phdwannabequeen said:

Any word on CU Boulder? They're the last school I need to hear from.

I as well as a lot of my classmates applied do CU Boulder and have not heard back yet. I’ve only seen a few posts about being contacted by faculty but anytime I’ve asked about it I never get a response on this forum. ??‍♀️