Audiology Applicants Fall 2021

liketobeaud

On 3/1/2021 at 9:20 PM, pineapple1 said:

Still waiting to hear back from one or two more schools before I make a decision. However, I just officially declined acceptances from the University of Pittsburgh, Ohio State University, Indiana University, University of Florida, and CUNY. Hope this helps people get off the waitlist! 

Hi! Did you interview with CUNY or did you just get accepted without one? Wasn’t sure if they were doing interviews !

22 minutes ago, soontobedoctormaybe said:

Yes!! I was accepted and I’m considering it. Did you apply? 

I applied and got an interview but didn’t hear anything. When’d you hear back? If I’m rejected I’d rather them send it already !! This waiting game sucks

2 hours ago, beeba114 said:

I applied and got an interview but didn’t hear anything. When’d you hear back? If I’m rejected I’d rather them send it already !! This waiting game sucks

I received an email yesterday that there was an update to my application portal. It's not just you who hasn't received a decision. I have another friend that interviewed who hasn't heard back yet either, and he's an excellent candidate. I hope they're just doing it one at a time and sending out individual decisions and that you'll hear back by Friday! 

41 minutes ago, soontobedoctormaybe said:

I received an email yesterday that there was an update to my application portal. It's not just you who hasn't received a decision. I have another friend that interviewed who hasn't heard back yet either, and he's an excellent candidate. I hope they're just doing it one at a time and sending out individual decisions and that you'll hear back by Friday! 

Ahhh! Hopefully. Thank you for your replies. You eased my anxiety :)

7 hours ago, audhopeful123 said:

Do you have to be interviewed in order to be placed on a school's waitlist (for a program that does do interviews)? Or, hypothetically, would you be able to be placed on their waitlist without an interview? Or how does that process work?

I think it’s dependant on the specific program. I was waitlisted at a school and then Waitlisted applicants had to do an interview once on the waitlist. I think other schools are different, where you are likely rejected if you don’t receive an invite for an interview. But, again, I believe it’s different from school to school.