Audiology Applicants Fall 2021

liketobeaud

12 hours ago, hbanana said:

Me too!! It’s one of my top choices- I’m sooo happy! Are you planning on accepting?

Congratulations! :) me too. I am really not sure yet, Im waiting to hear back from USU and then I'll be choosing between there, Gallaudet, and Northwestern. 

Hi all! Current AuD student. As more acceptances start to roll around I want to say congratulations to all. If you’ve been put on a waitlist and you’re really interested in that program reach out to the admissions coordinator and express your continued interest. If you have multiple admissions offers look at much more than just program rankings, because no matter where you graduate from if you graduate and pass the Praxis you will be a licensed audiologist. Look at clinical rotation information (when they start, if you find your own rotations, do you get help in finding externships), any special classes they may offer (tinnitus, multiple vestib courses, multiple pediatrics classes, interdisciplinary classes), if you’re interested in SAA find out about their SAA chapter, and most importantly if you are financing your own education look into tuition and if they offer graduate assistantships! You really don’t want to go into a ton of debt for your AuD and there are ways to avoid this, I highly recommend considering schools that offer funding for you or have lower tuition even if they are “ranked lower”, I know incredible audiologists who graduated from “lower ranked programs” so don’t let rankings guide your decisions. I remember the decisions process being very hard for me! Feel free to message me if you want to bounce a pros and cons list off a current AuD student! 

Edited by FutureAuD8

1 hour ago, germanshepherd said:

USF told me that we should expect a reply within 2 weeks. So nervous tho!

I'm so nervous too! I keep refreshing my email like a crazy person haha. A couple of schools got back to students this week so having to wait another two weeks for these results are driving me insane. ?

9 minutes ago, ilovemydogT said:

I'm so nervous too! I keep refreshing my email like a crazy person haha. A couple of schools got back to students this week so having to wait another two weeks for these results are driving me insane. ?

Same!! I get a mini heart attack each time I get an email notification. I hope we get a response on the sooner end of 2 weeks. Stress levels are high especially because I was rejected from UF earlier this week and I want to go to grad school in Florida. ? I'll pray for us lol