Audiology Applicants Fall 2021

liketobeaud

13 hours ago, smraudio said:

I have heard back from University of the Pacific, Pacific University in Oregon, Gallaudet, and Arizona State

I have an interview for Pacific Oregon next week, but that’s the only school out of these that I’ve applied to.

14 hours ago, smraudio said:

Have you heard from Arizona State yet? I just got an email from them a few hours ago inviting me to send them an "interview video", so it's not like a typical interview- which makes me nervous! I'm probably going to be re-doing the video over and over again. 

I haven't heard from them yet ? but hoping to by the end of the week. I like the video idea, it makes me less nervous I feel like I can control my answers better and have more time to think! I will probably film it multiple times lol

14 hours ago, smraudio said:

Have you heard from Arizona State yet? I just got an email from them a few hours ago inviting me to send them an "interview video", so it's not like a typical interview- which makes me nervous! I'm probably going to be re-doing the video over and over again. 

I got an invited for a video submission from ASU as well! So nervous!!

Anyone else apply to Rush? I looked at the results from the past years and it seems like if you got an invite to the supplementary application then in a few weeks you'll hear back? 

2020: invite to supplementary: 1/15 acceptance letter 1/29

2019: invite to supplementary: 2/4 acceptance letter 2/15

2018: invite to supplementary: 1/29 acceptance letter 2/12

2017: invite to supplementary: 2/8 acceptance letter 2/22

2016: invite to supplementary: 2/5 acceptance letter 2/16

2015: invite to supplementary: 2/11 acceptance letter 2/23

On 1/31/2021 at 8:45 PM, earadicate said:

I got accepted to 1 but was told I need to decide by next week. Is this allowed?

This isn't too unusual. Audiology's small enough that it doesn't often conform to the standards of PhD and professional programs in other fields. Even if you decide it's not allowed by some standard, you have no real recourse - the school will be happy to offer your spot to someone else if you make a big problem. I really hate to say it, but you may need to play by their rules to go to their school.

Source: will graduate with AuD in April.

38 minutes ago, hbanana said:

I applied to Buffalo, but haven't heard anything back yet! It's so hard to be patient haha

Haven’t heard anything from Buffalo yet either! Yeah it’s so hard, I’m very impatient!!!

Hello all! I’m a current AuD student and I know this time can be stressful waiting for admissions. For some reference I heard back from 1 school in January, 2 schools late February, and then 4 schools early March (I applied to too many schools). This is a nerve wracking time, but your applications are submitted so aside from interviews you’ve done all you can. If you get multiple admissions offers I recommend thoroughly researching the tuition at those programs, asking for contact information for a current student, and asking questions about when clinic starts, where your clinicals are, and if you’re responsible for finding all clinical placements! Best of luck to you all! I’m excited for you to join the profession. 

Edited by FutureAuD8

On 2/1/2021 at 6:40 PM, txaud said:

Has anyone heard back from any Texas schools? I interviewed for UNT but was wondering if they have already sent out acceptance letters. Also is there another forum besides this one out there for audiology applicants? 

Wow now I'm really nervous since I haven't heard from UNT yet.