Audiology Applicants Fall 2021

liketobeaud

On 1/15/2021 at 12:59 PM, jenaud7 said:

I just got invited for a virtual interview at University of the Pacific in San Francisco! Anyone have any interview tips?

Got invited for another interview at Pacific University in Oregon. Has anyone else been hearing back from schools?

On 1/19/2021 at 12:45 PM, Cheesepuffs said:

Have you heard from any of the Illinois programs? From what I read on last years posts, the first week in February NIU sent their acceptance letters. *Fingers crossed* 

I believe I remember receiving an email recently that Northwestern's admissions decisions will be released in mid-February. 

1 hour ago, soontobedoctormaybe said:

I believe I remember receiving an email recently that Northwestern's admissions decisions will be released in mid-February. 

Based on what I have seen in previous year's forums, if they follow the same pattern they always do, it may be released on February 19! 

16 hours ago, audball143 said:

Based on what I have seen in previous year's forums, if they follow the same pattern they always do, it may be released on February 19! 

That's what I was thinking, too! Rush should be sending out acceptance letters this-next week! 

Hey everyone! I’m applying to 7 schools. I got accepted to 1 but was told I need to decide by next week. Is this allowed? I haven’t heard from any of my other programs yet but I really love this program but also want to hear from my other schools. good luck to everyone!! :)

15 hours ago, earadicate said:

Hey everyone! I’m applying to 7 schools. I got accepted to 1 but was told I need to decide by next week. Is this allowed? I haven’t heard from any of my other programs yet but I really love this program but also want to hear from my other schools. good luck to everyone!! :)

I am not totally sure, but I thought that the universal rule was that you had until April 15 to decide, everywhere!

15 hours ago, earadicate said:

What program was it??

5 hours ago, earadicate said:

nova southeastern

Do they have rolling admissions? I believe schools with rolling admissions can have different acceptance date windows. Chances are you won’t hear from other schools until mid-February and March (I was in the 2018 application cycle). It’s definitely a hard decision to make before knowing from other schools! I’d recommend talking to current AuD students a NSU if possible to see what they think of the program.

2 hours ago, earadicate said:

Has anyone heard anything from buffalo, nebraska, northern colorado, CUNY, or WashU? 

I applied to Nebraska and WashU too, nothing yet. I think WashU's applications are open until February 15th, so I'm assuming they won't release admissions until March.

1 minute ago, txaud said:

Has anyone heard back from any Texas schools? I interviewed for UNT but was wondering if they have already sent out acceptance letters. Also is there another forum besides this one out there for audiology applicants? 

Reddit, but its also been pretty dry! :(

Edited by Cheesepuffs

Hi everyone! 

Excited for everyone here as we start this new phase in our lives. I applied to 10 schools (yes, a lot!): UT, UNT, UTD, Southern Miss, LSU, Auburn, UNC, Vanderbilt, Tennessee, and Arkansas!

I am waiting to hear back about more interviews. Best of luck to everyone!

On 2/1/2021 at 1:31 PM, baguettebuggie said:

hey! so happy to see a thread. I just finished my applications and am patiently waiting for some interview requests. My top school is Louisville because id really prefer that in states tuition. anyone else nervous about interviews ? 

yes me! i am not good at interviews at all - thinking of questions and talking about myself is very hard lol. i would appreciate any tips or encouragement anyone can offer!

21 hours ago, txaud said:

Has anyone heard back from any Texas schools? I interviewed for UNT but was wondering if they have already sent out acceptance letters. Also is there another forum besides this one out there for audiology applicants? 

How was your interview with UNT? I have my interview Friday and I am wondering what I can expect.

6 minutes ago, Sarah Anderson said:

How was your interview with UNT? I have my interview Friday and I am wondering what I can expect.

It was a pretty short interview! They talk to you about the school first then ask you a couple of generic questions afterwards. If you follow the ASHA website that has interview questions you should be good I don't think they asked me anything specific. 

On 2/2/2021 at 4:20 PM, Sarah Anderson said:

Hi everyone! I am anxiously waiting to hear back from schools. I applied to Texas Tech, Arizona State, WashU, UNT, and Vanderbilt. I received an email from UNT today to interview and I am excited but also nervous. Has anyone else heard from their schools yet?

Have you heard from Arizona State yet? I just got an email from them a few hours ago inviting me to send them an "interview video", so it's not like a typical interview- which makes me nervous! I'm probably going to be re-doing the video over and over again. 

On 1/25/2021 at 9:42 AM, jenaud7 said:

Got invited for another interview at Pacific University in Oregon. Has anyone else been hearing back from schools?

I have heard back from University of the Pacific, Pacific University in Oregon, Gallaudet, and Arizona State